biotech326

Jul 16, 2012
Hey guys!

i've read some good reviews on this battery here in the forum so i've ordered
one from ebay.de

I have to say i've struggeled with my 1500mah oem samsung stock battery
for my galaxy s1 for some time now.

i've just received my PolarCell battery today
and i'd love to hear some advices on how to use it in the best way from the start
so i can maximaize the battery functionality.

i've thought to charge it to 100% while the phone is off
and then calibarate.
do you recommand let it discharge till 0 in the first usage time
and then charge to 100 again?

any advice will be welcomed here

btw ...
thank you guys very much for the tip of purchasing a battery as such
hope ill find it as a very good product!
:)

Cy4n1d3

Sep 20, 2010
Plug it in, charge it to full, use it.
Maybe read the included quick start guide on how to handle this battery and increase longevinity.

biotech326

Jul 16, 2012
Plug it in, charge it to full, use it.
Maybe read the included quick start guide on how to handle this battery and increase longevinity.

hmm after first charge i need to caliberate right?
let it full to 0 and charge to 100?

or is it bad for th li-on battery on first use to full to 0?

c_codrut

Apr 28, 2011
Bucharest
Just charge it to full and use it normally. You can discarge it to 0 until the phone shuts off it won't hurt the battery as it has some protection built in and it never drains under 3.5v.
But just to know li-ion batteries doesn't like deep discharges.
I also use a polar cell battery for 6 months and i am very satisfied with its performace, better than with stock 1500mah and better than armani 1650mah.

Mongopusher42

Aug 3, 2012
I have been using a Polarcell 1800 mah battery for about 6 months now, still working great.. atleast compared to my over 1 yr old stock battery.
When i got my Polarcell, i charged it to 100% ,making sure it really was 100% by unplugging and plugging a few times while following the mV values on BatteryCalibration app.
Then just calibrated it and used it normally until about 1-2%, then charged it full again and started using it like i use any other battery(not paying attention on what battery level i recharge and so on). Summary is= going with this method and working great for months !!

zuphus

Mar 17, 2011
How much improvement do you have by uding this battery?

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

moriansafas

Mar 27, 2012
Bought it on amazon.com for about 12 Euros. Have read really good things in darkys forum...Did not have time to test it until now, though...

Edit:
About your question how to charge the battery: First use it till 0, then fully charge it without disconnecting it. But if you didn't do it like that, I am sure it will not explode either... :p

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

lakoeze

Dec 18, 2010
Frankfurt
Using the polarcell battery since more than 6 month and i'm more than happy with it. i get up to 4 hours display time. with the original battery i got 3 hours maximum. i bought it at amazon for 12,90€. i would definetly recommend it to anyone!