FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,567 posts
Thanks Meter: 29,327

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 03:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th August 2018, 12:43 PM |#25461  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,247

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascian

Sorry stupid question:
If I copy these directories to the sdcard:
data /app
data /data

When I flash a new rom, can they copy them to the same locations? Could they work again?
Thx

Unlikely to work. I suspect that at a minimum you'll run into ownership issues. Since I'm currently without root I can't double check some things but I'm fairly certain there are files in data/system involved that store user IDs. ID normally gets assigned during app install and all its folders and data in /data/data are owned by that ID. There's probably other factors at work as well.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
16th August 2018, 12:53 PM |#25462  
Italy
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

Unlikely to work. I suspect that at a minimum you'll run into ownership issues. Since I'm currently without root I can't double check some things but I'm fairly certain there are files in data/system involved that store user IDs. ID normally gets assigned during app install and all its folders and data in /data/data are owned by that ID. There's probably other factors at work as well.

ID like this?
com.android.vending--2s2DkwBUv8zXEsEWkNeCg==

This is the folder of an program installed (PlayStore) and then copied to the sdcard.
Edit.:
To my knowledge, Mixplorer is the only program that transfers all file permissions.
16th August 2018, 01:06 PM |#25463  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,247

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascian

ID like this?
com.android.vending--2s2DkwBUv8zXEsEWkNeCg==

This is the folder of an program installed (PlayStore) and then copied to the sdcard.
Edit.:
To my knowledge, Mixplorer is the only program that transfers all file permissions.

No. That's simply a unique string that will change everytime you update the app. I'm talking user-id. Some that are constant would be root=0, system=1000. Every app gets assigned its own user-id. In Mix you can see them if you try to change the ownership of a file.

Edit: and if you copy to sdcard ownership will not get copied since anything copied to sdcard has its own, system enforced, ownership rules
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
16th August 2018, 02:50 PM |#25464  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,964

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwingmusic

it just interests me so i ask, could you delete file on pc from mix? i just think that could be caused by shared folder properties which only gives read only permission.

I can delete a file in that same folder on my PC just fine with MiX ... but not cut and paste it to my phone.

So I don't think it's a permission issue since both file operations basically delete the file?

I don't know, seems very odd to my that deleting works but cutting doesn't and I know we had that (or a similar) glitch in previous MiX versions
16th August 2018, 03:08 PM |#25465  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimueh

I can delete a file in that same folder on my PC just fine with MiX ... but not cut and paste it to my phone.

So I don't think it's a permission issue since both file operations basically delete the file?

I don't know, seems very odd to my that deleting works but cutting doesn't and I know we had that (or a similar) glitch in previous MiX versions

okay. seems like security issue. maybe you could try turning smb 1.0 client on on windows 10 features. i don't know, just a guess.
The Following User Says Thank You to iwingmusic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iwingmusic Ad-Free
16th August 2018, 03:11 PM |#25466  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwingmusic

okay. seems like security issue. maybe you could try turning smb 1.0 client on on windows 10 features. i don't know, just a guess.

Yea I already did that last week because my Android TV box wasn't able to access the shared media on the PC ... somehow Kodi only knows smb 1.0

Guess I could continue to copy/paste and then delete, but that's a bit of a hassle ... maybe someone else has an idea

Thank you for your input though
16th August 2018, 03:18 PM |#25467  
Thanks Meter: 813

More
@Nimueh Anything on MiXplorer log? File operations always appear in log...
16th August 2018, 03:44 PM |#25468  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Zé Alguém

@Nimueh Anything on MiXplorer log? File operations always appear in log...

Well something about a "sharing violation" ... whatever that means?

I/MiX> ----- Operation started ----------------------
I/MiX> Action: MOVE
I/MiX> Calculating...
I/MiX> Total: 125 bytes
I/OperationHelper> Move from smb://@192.168.1.197/# # Temp # #/bounty - Copy.txt
To /storage/356C-1216/my.downloads/Subs
D/DOC> Granted permissions: 1
D/DOC> PathFromUri: content://com.android.externalstorage.documents/tree/356C-1216%3A/document/356C-1216%3A
D/DOC> Path: /storage/356C-1216
D/DOC> GrantedPath: /storage/356C-1216 >> uri: content://com.android.externalstorage.documents/tree/356C-1216%3A/document/356C-1216%3A
D/OH:> default
D/DOC> Get parent
E/DOC> CREATE_FILE file name: bounty - Copy.txt, doc name: bounty - Copy.txt, mimeType: text/plain
I/OperationHelper> Delete smb://@192.168.1.197/# # Temp # #/bounty - Copy.txt
E/EXEC_METHOD> com.hierynomus.f.p: STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION(3221225539/3221225539): Create failed for bounty - Copy.txt
E/OperationHelper> com.hierynomus.f.p: STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION(3221225539/3221225539): Create failed for bounty - Copy.txt
I/MiX> Operation failed: One file moved
I/MiX> ----- Operation failed. 0s -------------

1st time around it was bitching about Busybox which I then installed (the one from MiX), and now this ... I have no idea what to make of it since I can copy or even outright delete just fine

Oh and it creates the file just fine on my phone ... it's just not deleting the source file lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nimueh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nimueh Ad-Free
16th August 2018, 03:58 PM |#25469  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimueh

Well something about a "sharing violation" ... whatever that means?

I/MiX> ----- Operation started ----------------------
I/MiX> Action: MOVE
I/MiX> Calculating...
I/MiX> Total: 125 bytes
I/OperationHelper> Move from smb://@192.168.1.197/# # Temp # #/bounty - Copy.txt
To /storage/356C-1216/my.downloads/Subs
D/DOC> Granted permissions: 1
D/DOC> PathFromUri: content://com.android.externalstorage.documents/tree/356C-1216%3A/document/356C-1216%3A
D/DOC> Path: /storage/356C-1216
D/DOC> GrantedPath: /storage/356C-1216 >> uri: content://com.android.externalstorage.documents/tree/356C-1216%3A/document/356C-1216%3A
D/OH:> default
D/DOC> Get parent
E/DOC> CREATE_FILE file name: bounty - Copy.txt, doc name: bounty - Copy.txt, mimeType: text/plain
I/OperationHelper> Delete smb://@192.168.1.197/# # Temp # #/bounty - Copy.txt
E/EXEC_METHOD> com.hierynomus.f.p: STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION(3221225539/3221225539): Create failed for bounty - Copy.txt
E/OperationHelper> com.hierynomus.f.p: STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION(3221225539/3221225539): Create failed for bounty - Copy.txt
I/MiX> Operation failed: One file moved
I/MiX> ----- Operation failed. 0s -------------

1st time around it was bitching about Busybox which I then installed (the one from MiX), and now this ... I have no idea what to make of it since I can copy or even outright delete just fine

Oh and it creates the file just fine on my phone ... it's just not deleting the source file lol.

Feels like another case of filename/path with strange chars causing problems, however, this time the log refers to what seems to be a third-party library (hierynomus) as the cause.
I would try to rename the folder, removing the hashes and spaces...

Edit: or maybe it is a different thing: https://github.com/hierynomus/smbj/b...does-this-mean
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sr. Zé Alguém For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sr. Zé Alguém Ad-Free
16th August 2018, 04:05 PM |#25470  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Zé Alguém

Feels like another case of filename/path with strange chars causing problems, however, this time the log refers to what seems to be a third-party library (hierynomus) as the cause.
I would try to rename the folder, removing the hashes and spaces...

Tried it as a test and it still wouldn't let me move a file from there to the phone. That folder has always had the same name btw. and it has always worked before

I have no idea what that hierynomus library is/does or where it came from though
16th August 2018, 04:08 PM |#25471  

More
@Nimueh You ninja'd my edit above... see: https://github.com/hierynomus/smbj/b...does-this-mean
Seems to be a library Hootan uses for SMB.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sr. Zé Alguém For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sr. Zé Alguém Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)