FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,567 posts
Thanks Meter: 29,324

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 03:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th June 2019, 03:05 AM |#29961  
Thanks Meter: 345

More
[INVALID] [Bug Report]
"Add" -> "Symbolic link"... Looks like a mistake.

Log:
Code:
I/OPERATION>  Create new symbolic link /TEST
I/Root>  ln -s "/TARGET" "/TEST"
I/Root>  chmod 755 "/TEST"
I/Root>  ls -ld "/TEST"
Seems you're using the same logic for "Add" -> "Folder"/"Empty file"/"Symbolic link"...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gdgsdg123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gdgsdg123 Ad-Free
9th June 2019, 03:10 AM |#29962  

More
[Suggestion]
BTW, it appeared of necessity to add an option for:
Code:
"chmod upon item creation": {
	"ACTIVE": true,
	"File": "755",
	"Folder": "755"
}
And the old "Copy" problem... (just noticed it couldn't well handle the copying of a symlink, and the item attributes after copying)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gdgsdg123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gdgsdg123 Ad-Free
9th June 2019, 08:35 AM |#29963  
Thanks Meter: 896

More
@HootanParsa
Hi Hootan,
It seems there is an issue in recursive search.

Since you changed the way to start recursive search (actually you need to click on the right squared arrow to start searching recursively, but in the past the right arrows simply opened the recursive search popup window without starting the search) I realized that performing another search (just changing query text and clicking on the right arrow again, after performed the first one) it does not change the tab for another search results as it should, and more ... the search text in tab and in search popup window stick the same of the first search...and the address bar text instead to have the current path ending with the [search text], shows the text you use for the script to perform the search...see picture.
Hope it is clear enough
Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190609-092100_MiXplorer.jpg
Views:	664
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	4773908  
The Following User Says Thank You to simonbellu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift simonbellu Ad-Free
9th June 2019, 06:01 PM |#29964  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Early was delighted. Only 6.36.3 and 6.36.4 normally copy large files without devouring memory and failure. In 6.36.6. does not work again.
10th June 2019, 04:52 AM |#29965  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by avlid

Early was delighted. Only 6.36.3 and 6.36.4 normally copy large files without devouring memory and failure. In 6.36.6. does not work again.

How?..
10th June 2019, 01:50 PM |#29966  
Thanks Meter: 2,041

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheartleo

Good day sir @HootanParsa,

Mixplorer 6.36.6 freezes the whole phone whenever accessing root-requiring partitions. I have managed to narrow down which partition Mixplorer is having trouble with in my phone, the oem partition. This partition is mounted as If this partition is zeroed out or not mounted or if root access is denied, then the freezing does not occur. The phone is a Moto Z Play running stock Oreo 8.0, with Magisk 19.3. The log can be viewed here https://pastebin.com/zPF56z0n

Can anyone help me troubleshoot the issue?

I had exactly the same issue on my Moto G5+ with an older version of MIX when I was running android 7.0. @HootanParsa made some builds to fix it but there was no way to find the culprit. I was able to run MIX up to one specific version, every later build caused that problem. It was solved for me when stock Oreo rolled out, since then everything is working well.
So my only advice is to try an older build.
Maybe your problem is different and can be fixed but it sounds exactly like mine down to the partitions that caused the freeze of the complete device. Good luck nevertheless.

Edit: The discussion can be found around here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...691&p=75876410

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using XDA Labs
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wolfcity For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wolfcity Ad-Free
10th June 2019, 04:10 PM |#29967  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcity

Edit: The discussion can be found around here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...691&p=75876410

Hey, many thanks for chiming in and sharing your same experience as mine.

I really wish we could zero in on the bug that causes the issue, but the relevant logs could not be had if the phone freezes. But, upon taking a closer look, it seems that an overlay and several oem-specific configs inside the oem partition are read and loaded by the MotoHide apk, that hides several apps depending upon the configured device region.

I wonder if this mechanism has anything to do with freezing the phone when MiX tries to access this partition via root permissions.
The Following User Says Thank You to braveheartleo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift braveheartleo Ad-Free
10th June 2019, 04:55 PM |#29968  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,243

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheartleo

Hey, many thanks for chiming in and sharing your same experience as mine.

I really wish we could zero in on the bug that causes the issue, but the relevant logs could not be had if the phone freezes. But, upon taking a closer look, it seems that an overlay and several oem-specific configs inside the oem partition are read and loaded by the MotoHide apk, that hides several apps depending upon the configured device region.

I wonder if this mechanism has anything to do with freezing the phone when MiX tries to access this partition via root permissions.

You can try blacklisting the OEM partition so it mounts as RO rather than RW. See https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...691&p=78375596
Fwiw here's my current entry
"blacklist_mounts": "\/product,\/system,\/system_root,\/vendor"

My oem directory is empty and I don't think it's a separate partition in my case (Pixel 3 XL). I'm guessing that for me it's an unused mount-point.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
10th June 2019, 05:31 PM |#29969  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hello partners. I have a problem with FTP and Webdav connections, when I connect to the server and make a copy or move file on the same server this does not perform the operation directly, let's say that the operation is done through my phone. Is there any solution to that? Thanks and regards.
I think that these operations could to do remotely on host.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rpdos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rpdos Ad-Free
10th June 2019, 06:14 PM |#29970  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

You can try blacklisting the OEM partition so it mounts as RO rather than RW. See https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...691&p=78375596
Fwiw here's my current entry
"blacklist_mounts": "\/product,\/system,\/system_root,\/vendor"

My oem directory is empty and I don't think it's a separate partition in my case (Pixel 3 XL). I'm guessing that for me it's an unused mount-point.

This may be the workaround I'm looking for, to exclude the oem partition from the remount as a result of granting root to Mix. Many thanks for that!

I'll try this out as soon as I could rebuild the partition again. Too bad there isn't a user-facing UI for this config bit, else I would have seen this inside the app settings as a workaround for those experiencing issues with remounting partitions. 😁

Thank you everyone for taking the time to read and share your inputs. This is a great community, at least in this thread. ☺️
The Following User Says Thank You to braveheartleo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift braveheartleo Ad-Free
11th June 2019, 01:41 AM |#29971  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 29,324

More
A new build is uploaded. If there is any crash or freezing, please help me to reproduce it. Thank you very much!

MiX v6.36.7-BETA B19061110

• Some tiny improvements and bug fixes.
  • Added a Dark Skin to the list.

LOG How to report a bug
FAQ MiXplorer Q&A and FAQ (User Manual)
By IronTechmonkey
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to HootanParsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)