FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,567 posts
Thanks Meter: 29,327

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 03:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd July 2019, 06:43 PM |#30441  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Please can someone help me

I can't play . 3gp videos

Do I need an addon for that
2nd July 2019, 10:46 PM |#30442  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,124

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marisaleh

There is a codec pack for MiX player, available at Playstore but...

For what this is worth, on LOS 14.1/N 7.1.2 w/Magisk running MiXplorer XDA Stable 6.38.0 with the aforementioned codec pack, 3gp files (which were recorded on an old flip phone) play only audio in MiX player even with the codex pack installed.
The Following User Says Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
3rd July 2019, 12:24 AM |#30443  
Thanks Meter: 163

More
Quote:

Try real vlc on PC and your phone
3rd July 2019, 12:56 AM |#30444  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,247

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred5

Hi @HootanParsa im using my second phone as media server, im using the feature server http and ftp (in the app), but i have one problem, when im watching a video on my principal phone, sometines the video dosent stream. This second phone stop upload the video (it does work if i turn on the screen).
┬┐Can you fix this please? maybe avoid go sleep the app, or keep active

On your second phone try turning off battery optimization for Mixplorer. (Use search in system settings to find "battery optimization")
The Following User Says Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
3rd July 2019, 01:09 AM |#30445  
Thanks Meter: 345

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

Quote:

There is a codec pack for MiX player, available at Playstore but...

For what this is worth, on LOS 14.1/N 7.1.2 w/Magisk running MiXplorer XDA Stable 6.38.0 with the aforementioned codec pack, 3gp files (which were recorded on an old flip phone) play only audio in MiX player even with the codex pack installed.

Tip:
The "video format" you were talking about (3GP, MP4, AVI, MKV, ...) is merely a container. (similar to tarball)
The actual encoding of the stream(s) (its content) remains undetermined.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gdgsdg123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gdgsdg123 Ad-Free
3rd July 2019, 01:38 AM |#30446  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgsdg123

Tip:
The "video format" you were talking about (3GP, MP4, AVI, MKV, ...) is merely a container. (similar to tarball)
The actual encoding of the stream(s) (its content) remains undetermined.

The first time 2 different video types were placed into one container I was so pleased that I fell off of my pet dinosaur.

In other words, I'm aware of that but did not feel the need to make the distinction yet. Pending user reply to results of installation of codec pack, if negative, I would have asked for file details and or sample file.

Since you mentioned it; it the video codec used within the 3gp container which does not play video in my case is MPEG-4 Video (Simple Profile), and digging further reveals this may be an issue about file names rather than or in addition to codecs and containers.

A file (created previously by me in Adobe Premier or Vegas Pro) carrying an .mp4 suffix with same MPEG-4 Video (Simple Profile) inside a Quicktime container did play in MiX player so I merely renamed the extension of the problematic file from .3gp to .mp4 and then it played fine in MiX player.

@marisaleh, try this

- make a copy of one of your problematic .3gp files
- rename the extension from .3gp to .mp4
- test in MiX player
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
3rd July 2019, 10:22 AM |#30447  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Good morning,

I am trying to display a cmd batch file with either Mixplorer text or code editor, but I cannot find the pagecode used by the CLI among the proposed choices of characters encoding. Windows apps, in western Europe, uses the codepage 1252 (the OS uses UTF-16 LE but notepad, for example, uses CP1252) , but the cmd console still relies on the codepage 850, unless you change it by using cmd /u or chcp 1252.
Would it be possible, please, to add the support for the codepage 850, at least in Mixplorer code editor, or is it to much work for little utility ?

Thanks in advance.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PastagaCigales For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PastagaCigales Ad-Free
3rd July 2019, 10:48 AM |#30448  
Thanks Meter: 345

More
Quote:

...MPEG-4 Video (Simple Profile)

The term is inaccurate and ambiguous though...

And even the streams (mainly video) of the same encoding type (e.g. H.264) can have quite different characteristics due to different encoding configurations. (...thus different requirements to the decoder)

Quote:

A file (created previously by me in Adobe Premier or Vegas Pro) carrying an .mp4 suffix with same MPEG-4 Video (Simple Profile) inside a Quicktime container did play in MiX player so I merely renamed the extension of the problematic file from .3gp to .mp4 and then it played fine in MiX player.

@marisaleh, try this

- make a copy of one of your problematic .3gp files
- rename the extension from .3gp to .mp4
- test in MiX player

Or try using SW (Software) decoding mode.
(access from the HW/SW switch in Player's interface)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gdgsdg123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gdgsdg123 Ad-Free
3rd July 2019, 12:43 PM |#30449  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgsdg123

Or try using SW (Software) decoding mode.
(access from the HW/SW switch in Player's interface)

Good suggestion. Tried it but result is same, so hypothetically back to something in the relationship between filename extension, container type, and codec/encoding properties. I've got some ideas which are conjecture at this point so - wondering about details of original reporter's file.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
3rd July 2019, 03:08 PM |#30450  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Thanks guys for your help
The file was originally converted from mp4
to change its resolution.
Now renaming the extension back to mp4
makes it play in mixplorer.

I think that mixplorer should be updated to
Play all these file extensions like. 3gp etc...
3rd July 2019, 03:42 PM |#30451  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I tried to search this thread but couldn't find an answer to this question.
Is there a possible way to make the preview of a folder replace the folder icon? I keep each video file in a separate folder and have a folder.jpg in each one so if I scroll through folders I would like to just see those images.
Could I edit this somewhere in a theme?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)