Huawei Honor 2 U9508

Search This thread

Zockerfreak112

Feb 19, 2017
Huawei G615 (U9508) softbricked or battery problem – How to flash?

Huawei G615 (U9508) softbricked or battery problem – How to flash?

Hi!

I desperately address you today to ask you for help with my Huawei G615 (U9508; 1GB Version so it’s not Honor2/U9508B, but shouldn’t make a difference). See TL;DR below for short version.

Problems:
- Phone won’t turn on (seems to be a bootloop).
- Phone won’t charge.
- Can’t find many of the needed files for flashing. So I need working mirrors or would appreciate uploads.

History:
Early 2013: Bought, standard Android 4.0.4 version, rooted by myself.
April 2015: Updated/Flashed to official (?) 4.2.2 with EmotionUI 1.6, rooted afterwards. Since then (not sure, maybe it’s unrelated to the update), I had multiple, annoying error messages when Wi-Fi got (re-)connected, but ignored it for months for not finding a solution.
Indeterminate timespan: State of battery charged wasn’t shown correctly, phone shut off too early. Used app “Battery Recalibrator” to fix this, needed some attempts but finally worked.
16th Feb. 2017 (Day X): Accidentally dropped phone (1-meter drop height, good TPU/silicon phone case cushioned it; no visible damage to phone or battery, no software-crash). Phone continued to work normally. Charged it to 100% before sleeping.
X+1: Phone was 99% after waking up, then suddenly 12%, shut down on 10%. Showed 0% afterwards, plugging it in to charge didn’t help. Despite charging it says 0%, powering on (only possible when charger plugged in) leads to bootloop (Huawei Logo, Android Logo, Huawei Logo (because it restarts)). Decided to put the phone on the cool window board over night without charging it.
X+2: Tried again to turn it on, after many attempts it magically turned on. Worked for the whole day, I still tried to flash the phone to get rid of my other Wi-Fi error log problem (and to prevent other possible problems by doing a fresh new start), didn’t seem to work. Charged it to 100%.
X+3: Phone was already powered off when I woke up. Still can’t turn it on.

What I also tried continually:
- Tried charging with different power adapters or directly from USB. Still 0%.
- Tried wiping cache, wiping/factory reset.
- Flashing it to official 4.0.4. and 4.2.2., seemed not to work because it was over after some seconds, but the SDROOT/dload folder is ~1GB (although it said it worked).
When in recovery and choosing “apply update from external storage”, and then “dload” it says it failed to mount /sdcard (E:; “no such file or directory”).
Then error to open /sdcard/dload (“no such file or directory”)
Then
“Install from SD card complete.
cust copying files.
copy cust files succeeded.”
But as I said, that's possibly not true that 1GB gets copied in some seconds.

Status now (as I remember from Day X+2 when it worked):
- EmUI 1.6
- Android system recovery <3e>
- USB-debugging should be turned on (not sure) and phone should be rooted (Superuser was still installed after wiping, but it said it needed an update, so it might not fully work).
- Kernel and other software stuff: Can’t remember, can’t turn on the phone. And don’t know what they all mean tbh, I’m glad I know a little about the differences of Android official and custom ROMs and what a recovery is (and that I may need the Chinese recovery for flashing I cannot find online).

Further Details:
I personally don’t think the fall caused my problems because it continued to work for the whole day and the drop was cushioned. What I suspected: It could be an extreme case of the battery charge status problem. The phone thinks the battery is still 0% although it’s not. So it shuts itself off. Or the bootloop is caused by faulty software/ROM, although I didn’t change anything before the problems appeared.
I’ve read through several manuals and now get some sense of the topic, but I still don’t know everything relevant. Also, most of the links to important files are dead.
In addition, a problem I have is that despite reading through lots of threads, they require me to have a working phone, but mine is stuck in a bootloop.

What I want:
A clear, new phone software. Doesn’t matter which Android version or if official or custom ROM. Just want a working phone without the Wi-Fi error, so a fresh new start, a clean flash.
So: How do I do it, and importantly, where can I find the needed files?
(Even though I might buy a new phone next month, I want this one to be fixed so I can gift or sell the phone.)

Software I already have:
HiSuite, HuaWei_USB_Driver.exe, Android SDK, dload-B115 (folder, should be official Android 4.0.4), dload-B703 (folder, should be official Android 4.2.2), cm-10.1-20131006-EternityProject-hwu9508.zip (CyanogenMod 10.1 from Eternity Project); already rescued my data, so I’m ready to wipe.

Software that might be missing:
Chinese recovery, fastboot mod (what for?), CWM (what’s this, what for?), TWRP (what for?).

Many thanks in advance!

EDIT:
As recovery mode (Power + VolumeUp) works and the phone can be on for hours when in this mode (as long as it's plugged in), I assume that it's not the battery but a soft/firmware problem.

TL;DR
Phone seems softbricked. Want clean flash. Doesn't matter which ROM (custom or official). How do I do it?
Some download links are down, need new links or uploads. (Please see "Software I have" and "Software I miss".)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Huawei Honor 2 U9508

models:

• U9508/Ascend G615 - 1Gb RAM
    • U9508B - 2Gb RAM
    specs:
    1df90e14b2d846409569cd8.png

ROMS & Official Updates (EMUI):

Official updates:
    The official updates ordered by BXXX
    4.0.4 Updates:
    • B026 (Older versions: B018,B019,B024,B025) - those version come with the device pre-installed. It’s don’t reccomend to install them. Those version are 4.0.4 Android and they are not include Google Apps.
    • B107 - This is the official Huawei’s international version. It’s an Android 4.0.4 version Stock (original Google Vanilla UI) which is come with Gapps. Multilanguage version. This version is considered as “Battery Saver” by most of the users in XDA. This version also got the biggest Antutu Benchmark score (15,000-15,500) which achieved in the device.
    4.1.2 Updates (Emotion UI):
    All of the 4.1.2 updates have the “Emotion UI” interface (more info about EMUI here).
    There is only English and Chinese in Emotion UI (Menus).
    Right now there is 2 version of Emui - “Emotion UI 1.5” and “Emotion UI 1.6” .
    You can download it from here, use google translate.
    EMUI 1.5 is the stable build. Emui 1.6 is the development build.
    • B544 (Older versions: B541,B542,B543) - This is EMUI 1.5 stable build. it have all the futures of Jellybean and the unique interface. Very stable. Don’t include Google Apps.
    • B624 (Older version: B605,B610,B615,B618,B624) - This is Emui 1.6 Development build. This version include a lot of chinese apps. Don’t include Google Apps.
    ROMS:
    • Xiui 1.2 stable (Older version: 0.9 beta,1,1.1) - based on B624 (EMUI 1.6, Android 4.1.2). All the chinese apps have been deleted. A lot of tweaks. Multilanguage version. Rooted. Include Google Apps. The lanucher is “Smart Lanucher”.
    • Hiui 1.0 - Based on B624 (EMUI 1.6, Android 4.1.2). All the chinese apps have been deleted. A lot of tweaks. Multilanguage version. Rooted. Include Google Apps. The lanucher is EMUI launcher and it’s include “ME widget” & others...
    • Miui V4 - Come in 2 version - 3.2.1 Based on Android 4.0.3 - 3.2.2 Based on Android 4.1.2 - you can read about MIUI here. Not include Google Apps. Recommend for 2Gb version only
    • TouchWiz - Based on B026 (Android 4.0.4). Introducing the known samsung’s interface - “Touchwiz”. Not include Google Apps.
    Other Download:

Guides:
    How to install Official Updates -
    Method number 1 - Required EMUI:
    1. Donwload official update which come as a Zip file.
    2. In the Zip file there is a folder called “dload”. Extract its to the root library of the SD card.
    3. Open Settings app.
    4. Go to “About Phone” and then choose “System updates”.
    5. Choose “Update via SD card” and then “Confirm”.
    6. The device will reboot into the “Update installer” and then he will install the update.
    7. If the installation successed, the device will reboot into the new version, if not it will reboot into the version which you have right now.
    Method number 2 - Required Original Recovery (can be custom ROM)
    1. Donwload official update which come as a Zip file.
    2. In the Zip file there is a folder called “dload”. Extract its to the root library of the SD card.
    3. Turn off the phone.
    4. Boot up the phone with POWER & Volume + & Volume -
    5. The device will reboot into the “Update installer” and then he will install the update.
    6. If the installation succeeded, the device will reboot into the new version, if not it will reboot into the version which you have right now.
    How to Replace Recovery -
    U9508 have 2 types of Recovery - The original for the official updates - the chinese for everything else.
    1. Open setting app.
    2. Disable Fastboot option. Go to “Developer options” and enable “USB debugging”.
    3. Connect the device into the USB. Choose “USB storage device”.
    4. Open “Recovery6.0.1.9_AscendHonor2.exe”.
    5. Now you have 2 options - 1 for The chinese recovery, 2 for The original recovery.
    6. Write the number that you have choosen and press Enter.
    7. If all is OK, the program will do its job - Reboot into FASTBOOT MOD, Flash the selected recovery and then reboot the device.
    8. your selected recovery have been installed.
    How to install custom ROM -
    You will need the Chinese Recovery to install custom ROM.
    This guide work with MIUI,HIUI,XIUI,TouchWiz...
    1. Put the ROM on the SD card
    2. Go to recovery by Turning off the device and then booting up the phone with POWER & Volume +
    3. First you need to wipe all your data, Select the 4th option and then the first option [Wipe Data/Factory reset]
    4. Now when your phone is empty you can install new ROM, Select the 2nd option and then 4th option.
    5. Now select the Zip file of the ROM.
    6. Select the first option, Now the ROM will be installed.
    7. Now choose the “GO BACK” option (The last one) and then choose the first option - Now your phone will reboot
    8. If the installation succeeded, After few minutes your phone will boot up to the new ROM.
    How to install Google Apps or SuperSU -
    This guide is almost the same as installing ROM, you just don’t need to wipe your data :)
    This guide is also for installing kernel.
    1. Put Gapps/SuperSU on your SD card.
    2. Go to recovery by Turning off the device and then booting up the phone with POWER & Volume +
    3. Select the 2nd option and then 4th option.
    4. Now select the Zip file of the Gapps/SuperSU.
    5. Select the first option, Now Gapps/SuperSU will be installed.
    6. Now choose the “GO BACK” option (The last one) and then choose the first option - Now your phone will reboot
    7. If the installation succeeded, After a minute your phone will boot up with Gapps/SuperSU.
    8. You can check it by search in your apps for Google Play or SuperSU app.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhUNCXEc3xD4dHJEM21Yd201Z3dydjRwUFRsUUthWmc#gid=0
    this F.A.Q made by Yoavst ALL CREDITS GOES TO HIM, THANKS FOR CONTRIBUTING.
    Okay, I bought the phone yesterday, and sincerely, I'm impressed. The hardware seems REALLY solid.

Btw, I started the bootloader research. You'll get some news when I'll find something interesting... and in the meanwhile..... http://www.eternityproject.eu/page/...ternityproject-supported-device-huawei-ho-r22

Thanks to everyone who donated to make this possible.

The EternityProject Team Manager & Main Developer,
    --kholk
    So, it's a long time, but I did it.

EternityProject's CyanogenMod is ready to be downloaded, but remember: this is an ALPHA release and it DOES contain some bugs.
    The bugs will be solved ASAP and probably in order of importance.

You can find our ROM here: http://www.eternityproject.eu/topic/1107358-eternityprojects-cyanogenmod-101-for-huawei-honor-2/

Enjoy!

The EternityProject Team Manager & Main Developer,
    --kholk
    cyanogenmod getting closer ;)

Semi-working Cyanogenmod build; system.img courtesy of marco ;)

2v9q2wg.png

2ry6m1v.png

hrlv8y.png

Working:
    GUI
    Wifi is working
    Browser
    Haptic feedback
    Rotation sensor

Not working:
    phone functionality
    Bluetooth
    Reboot on accessing mobile networks
    Sound is not working
    Interface is a bit laggy
    Brightness controls don't work (automatic brightness is not selectable)
    internal sdcard is not detected / mounted yet
    Going to language settings crashes the phone.
    Wallpaper doesn't work
    Rest In Peace my beloved G615

Guys today is a sad day...
    Our phone (U9508) can't be boot-loader unlocked... Tried that today, at 1 AM and the phone died...:crying::crying::crying:
    Warranty here go!!!
    The procedure was made through CMD, flashing the little magic file that our great developer Kholk made ... and all went well until the moment of rebooting... It just didn't...:eek:
    Well I perfectly knew the risks and even so I've risked, it could have gone well but it went wrong, hell yeah, it was a really nice try with our friend Kholk "by my side" :highfive::good:

For me for the moment no tries in new rooms :crying: just wait for an answer of the store and see if they give me a new one or a fix in my battle machine!!! That for the moment is on the machines heaven :angel:

This once again, makes clear that unfortunately only Huawei has the power of unlocking the boot-loader...

So for the ones that haven't done it yet " DO IT HERE " what are you waiting for???

In the union there exists the power! :good: