joe2k01

Dec 13, 2015
Cagliari (Sardinia)
Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

WhitePugKernel by joe2k01

This kernel is only for CAF 7.1.2 ROMs

How to install:
  • Download the flashable zip
  • Boot in TWRP
  • Flash zip
  • Reboot and you're done

Compiled using Linaro 6.3.1 and full upstream to Linux 3.4.113

Feautures:
  • XZ kernel compression
  • ZRAM support
  • Colors control
  • Vibration control
  • Wakelocks control
  • USB fast charging
  • BFQ I/O scheduler
  • zen I/O scheduler
  • Z-RAM
  • MSDOS fylesystem support
  • NTFS filesystem support
  • NTFS writing support
  • zen I/O scheduler
  • More to come

Donate to IARC or SaveTheChildren
https://www.iarc.fr/en/about/donations.php
http://www.savethechildren.org

Downloads:
V1: Download
V2: Download

XDA:DevDB Information
WhitePugKernel for the Nexus 5, Kernel for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
joe2k01
Source Code: https://github.com/joe2k01/WhitePugKernel-lge_hammerheadcaf

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2017-09-12
Last Updated 2017-10-12

zx604176460

Sep 8, 2014
shaoxing
how so

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-13-15-41-24.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-13-15-41-24.png
    155.2 KB · Views: 890
Reactions: willyinpr4u

joe2k01

Dec 13, 2015
Cagliari (Sardinia)
I am using AOSPA CFA ROM

Okay it looks like AOSPA kept device name to hammerhead instead of hammerheadcaf. You can wait for me to push a new zip or you can open the current one and add a hammerhead to the devices list, behind hammerheadcaf

--- EDIT ---

I've uploaded a new zip. You shouldn't encounter any problem now

Last edited:
Reactions: zx604176460

joe2k01

Dec 13, 2015
Cagliari (Sardinia)
ohh CAF is alive again, can u merge with TrueSight?

D820 @ crLOS 14.1

No. TrueSight's dev has a different concept of how I want to manage my new kernels. I want to keep them minimal with only some tweaks to improve battery and performance. This kernel has a full upstream to Linux 3.4.113, while TrueSight is stuck at 3.4.0. So no, I won't merge TrueSight stuff

santi1993

Mar 24, 2012
Buenos Aires
No. TrueSight's dev has a different concept of how I want to manage my new kernels. I want to keep them minimal with only some tweaks to improve battery and performance. This kernel has a full upstream to Linux 3.4.113, while TrueSight is stuck at 3.4.0. So no, I won't merge TrueSight stuff
Thanks for sharing ur concepts!

Well, then can we suggest some cherrypicking? One thing id loved on CAF with custom Kernel is the ability to amplify speaker beyond limits, it was called speaker volume on adiutor

D820 @ crLOS 14.1

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Just curious... crLOS ?
im at crdroid! it has CAF n NON CAF, since first build to 3.4 i was on CAF, but then TS kernel got outdated and i had no clue on goin to AOSP

D820 @ crLOS 14.1

Reactions: woxhan

Pjotr91

Mar 14, 2016
OnePlus 7

Hi joe,
which CAF base rom do you suggest to use with your kernel?
Thanks

eclaxton

Nov 18, 2014
Santo Domingo
Running good here, thanks for developing caf kernel. :highfive:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170915-130013.png
    Screenshot_20170915-130013.png
    111.6 KB · Views: 559
  • Screenshot_20170915-130100.png
    Screenshot_20170915-130100.png
    146 KB · Views: 555

sergtot

Jun 22, 2012
Hello!
I want to try to build unofficial AICP CAF with your kernel.
What string should I add into "aicp_manifest.xml" file in ".repo/local_manifests/" folder to make it possible?

ilciumbia

Feb 24, 2012
Arese
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7
Update: I appreciate your effort and I thank you for the time you have devoted to the development of the kernel, but I believe you prefer me to be sincere and not declare wonders when things are somewhat different. Therefore, I must say that, even if your kernel is stable, still it appears to be on par with lineage stock kennel, and still not up to TrueSight, which provides better performance, much better battery life, especially during standby, yet worse audio quality-speakerphone for example is unusable.

If I could express my opinion, I would suggest you pick up True Sight, fix audio, update it with latest security patches and we would have THE perfect kernel for CAF. Just my two cents!

Anyway, thanks again for your time and your dedication!

Inviato dal mio Nexus 10 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Extreemator

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

WhitePugKernel by joe2k01

This kernel is only for CAF 7.1.2 ROMs

How to install:
    • Download the flashable zip
    • Boot in TWRP
    • Flash zip
    • Reboot and you're done

Compiled using Linaro 6.3.1 and full upstream to Linux 3.4.113

Feautures:
    • XZ kernel compression
    • ZRAM support
    • Colors control
    • Vibration control
    • Wakelocks control
    • USB fast charging
    • BFQ I/O scheduler
    • zen I/O scheduler
    • Z-RAM
    • MSDOS fylesystem support
    • NTFS filesystem support
    • NTFS writing support
    • zen I/O scheduler
    • More to come

Donate to IARC or SaveTheChildren
    https://www.iarc.fr/en/about/donations.php
    http://www.savethechildren.org

Downloads:
    V1: Download
    V2: Download

XDA:DevDB Information
    WhitePugKernel for the Nexus 5, Kernel for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    joe2k01
    Source Code: https://github.com/joe2k01/WhitePugKernel-lge_hammerheadcaf

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2017-09-12
    Last Updated 2017-10-12
    New build has been pushed, wakelocks control is there now
    Will f2fs support be added in the future?

F2FS is already supported

Please, make TS ur base, we need that.

We are the CAF users, and its actually dead... i really love ur work trying to resurrect CAF but we need something equal or best than TS, to make CAF worth over AOSP, please consider it.

D820 @ crLOS 14.1

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

cant u do the same picking TS sources instead of stock kernel? ts is light years ahead, it has SO much development and optimizations that stock one doest have

D820 @ crLOS 14.1

Light years ahed of what? SO much development and optimizations for you is having 10 governors and a gcc flag? Not saying TS isn't a good one but c'mon, don't say it's heavily optimized because of a gcc flag.

Said that, a new build with wakelock control and O3 optimization will come in the near feauture
    Please, make TS ur base, we need that.

We are the CAF users, and its actually dead... i really love ur work trying to resurrect CAF but we need something equal or best than TS, to make CAF worth over AOSP, please consider it.

D820 @ crLOS 14.1

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

What? Audio is not broken in any way, mine works perfectly, he used Faux solution which is nothing from him. TrueSight has too many governors, I dont'l like that stuff no more, to me it looks a bit unorganized(just the way I think it). My kernel is fully upstreamed to Linux 3.4.113 while his is still stuck on 3.4.0, I have 210 commits of CVEs fixing while he has 5. So you're wrong also on the security part. About the battery, you can't pretend a lot from this device anyway I'm working on a new build to get a better battery
    cant u do the same picking TS sources instead of stock kernel? ts is light years ahead, it has SO much development and optimizations that stock one doest have

D820 @ crLOS 14.1
    Update: I appreciate your effort and I thank you for the time you have devoted to the development of the kernel, but I believe you prefer me to be sincere and not declare wonders when things are somewhat different. Therefore, I must say that, even if your kernel is stable, still it appears to be on par with lineage stock kennel, and still not up to TrueSight, which provides better performance, much better battery life, especially during standby, yet worse audio quality-speakerphone for example is unusable.

If I could express my opinion, I would suggest you pick up True Sight, fix audio, update it with latest security patches and we would have THE perfect kernel for CAF. Just my two cents!

Anyway, thanks again for your time and your dedication!

Inviato dal mio Nexus 10 utilizzando Tapatalk

What? Audio is not broken in any way, mine works perfectly, he used Faux solution which is nothing from him. TrueSight has too many governors, I dont'l like that stuff no more, to me it looks a bit unorganized(just the way I think it). My kernel is fully upstreamed to Linux 3.4.113 while his is still stuck on 3.4.0, I have 210 commits of CVEs fixing while he has 5. So you're wrong also on the security part. About the battery, you can't pretend a lot from this device anyway I'm working on a new build to get a better battery