[ROM][September 4] Andromadus Mimicry v1.5.0 [ICS / CM9.1 stable]

3,295 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,219

By blk_jack, XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD on 16th June 2012, 10:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st June 2012, 01:06 AM |#201  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Hi all, I just had the mystery volume drop on this ROM. Everything seemed fine until I noticed that I couldn't hear the GPS. Checked the system volume as per the Audacity test builds thread and it was all the way up. So, we now have at least 4 ROMs with the same issue.

I know this never happened on Audacity beta 4, but that's something like 13 builds to check for an intermittent problem. Not fun.

Any ideas?

Sent from my ELF-II using Tapatalk 2
21st June 2012, 01:12 AM |#202  
OP XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Flag Toronto

More
CM9 has a new feature where the volume is adjustable when you plug in headphones. It's under Settings-> Sound-> Safe headset volume. From what I gather it automatically reduces the volume to 50% when you plug in headphones.

What sort of symptoms are you getting with this volume issue? It affects all these ICS builds because they're all based on Cm9 so it is an upstream issue.

Have you checked the System volume bar? It's also in the Sound section of Settings. I've never had an unexpected drop in volume on ICS myself, save the safe headphone toggle.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium
21st June 2012, 01:21 AM |#203  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Safe headphone volume is off, I never turned it on and it was one of the first things I checked when it started happening. I checked the system volume immediately on seeing this issue and it was maxed.

Intermittent problems suck eggs.

Sent from my ELF-II using Tapatalk 2
21st June 2012, 01:49 AM |#204  
Flag Potsdam
Thanks Meter: 349

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TpmKranz

I hope that I manged to express myself in an understandable way, that my suggestions are realizable and that they are considered worth becoming part of the ROM.

Looks like they are not even worth talking about.

EDIT: Just discovered the Thank Yous. At least worth that
21st June 2012, 01:59 AM |#205  
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TpmKranz

Looks like they are not even worth talking about.

EDIT: Just discovered the Thank Yous. At least worth that

As I've stated before, I'm on vacation right now for this week. I've been communicating almost entirely on my phone, so while I may not reply to everything I read, I am reading everything.

The Following User Says Thank You to blk_jack For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2012, 02:06 AM |#206  
Flag Potsdam
Thanks Meter: 349

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_jack

As I've stated before, I'm on vacation right now for this week. I've been communicating almost entirely on my phone, so while I may not reply to everything I read, I am reading everything.

I'm sorry if you felt offended by this - I didn't mean to offend anyone. I just thought some discussion could arise about that, at least some critical voices saying that it was nonsense. Any kind of reaction, if you know what I mean
But now that I've seen that you have noticed my suggestion I can sleep well again
21st June 2012, 04:38 AM |#207  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Small problem, same with previous andro roms. Sometimes when i have my AUX cord in my car and music is playing and i either get a call or a notification, right after the ringtone is over or i get off the phone the volume gets VERY high . Beyond the stock max volume.Anyone else?
21st June 2012, 04:44 AM |#208  
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdang7

Small problem, same with previous andro roms. Sometimes when i have my AUX cord in my car and music is playing and i either get a call or a notification, right after the ringtone is over or i get off the phone the volume gets VERY high . Beyond the stock max volume.Anyone else?

Unfortunately no, just got out of the car listening to music too, didn't notice anything abnormal. Do you just use DSP or any other volume tools/EQ/music players? I'm just using stock Google Play Music with DSP.

The Following User Says Thank You to blk_jack For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2012, 05:11 AM |#209  
Flag Hamilton
Thanks Meter: 280

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Hop2o6

What's wrong with DSP Manager?

Nothing!! DSP Manager is great, actually. It's just a process that seems locked in the memory, and I don't use it often, so I always manually delete it.

I thought maybe other people who like to slim down their rom/free up ram might ditch it too.

Edit: also, I use doubletwist, and music apps with their own eq sometimes have issues when dsp manager is also installed.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA
21st June 2012, 06:28 AM |#210  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I'm pretty sure my flash is dead. At first i was thinking it was a rom issue but nothing seems to work for it.

Related log:
D/TorchRoot(31446): Starting torch
W/BackupManagerService( 1724): dataChanged but no participant pkg='com.android.providers.settings' uid=10035
D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1254): updateACDB: (11, 6, 0, 607)
I/HTC Acoustic( 1254): update ACDB id: (tx, rx, tx_acdb, rx_acdb) = (11, 6, 0, 607)
D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1254): msm_route_stream(PCM_PLAY,5,6,1)
D/dalvikvm( 2666): GC_CONCURRENT freed 1562K, 77% free 5289K/22727K, paused 2ms+5ms
V/PhoneStatusBar( 2666): Processing stored value for Notifications!
D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1254): AudioStreamOutMSM72xx::standby()
D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1254): Deroute pcm out stream
E/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1254): updateDeviceInfo: E rx_device 6 and tx_device 11
D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1254): No active voicecall/playback, disabling cur_rx 6
D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1254): value of device and enable is 6 0 ALSA dev id:6
D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1254): No active voicecall/recording, disabling cur_tx 11
D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1254): value of device and enable is 11 0 ALSA dev id:11
E/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1254): updateDeviceInfo: X cur_rx 6 cur_tx 11
I/ActivityManager( 1724): START {act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.HOME] flg=0x10200000 cmp=com.teslacoilsw.launcher/com.android.launcher2.Launcher} from pid 1724
D/OpenGLRenderer(31446): Flushing caches (mode 1)
D/OpenGLRenderer(31446): Flushing caches (mode 0)
D/Beautiful Widgets(4105)(30809): WidgetRefreshService

I figured i would mention it though i wont consider it a bug since i believe its actually dead. On one hand someone else may have a similar issue
21st June 2012, 07:13 AM |#211  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Hop2o6

What's wrong with DSP Manager?

Some people like me prefer the clean output of the phone ( unnaturally clean for a HTC in this generation ) so I hate the DSP Manager actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdang7

I have this issue. For anyone who would like to reproduce, remove safe headset volume, put on some music at 70-80% volume, pick up a call, disconnect and when the music automatically resumes you'll notice that it's abnormally high, usually the volume of the call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =JKT=

Nothing!! DSP Manager is great, actually. It's just a process that seems locked in the memory, and I don't use it often, so I always manually delete it.

I thought maybe other people who like to slim down their rom/free up ram might ditch it too.

Edit: also, I use doubletwist, and music apps with their own eq sometimes have issues when dsp manager is also installed.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

Don't need to delete it. Just disable the package using package manager.

pm disable <packagename> ( available from pm list packages )

----

I'm not sure how to submit a feature request, but the carrier in the status bar would be nice ( I know blk_jack is on vacation ) but I wanted to know it's feasibility.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)