Blink feed: like or dislike?

Search This thread

floodingaugust

Oct 19, 2012
At first the idea of blink feed really irritated me but now that I've had the one for about a week I actually have been using it and it's really grown on me. It reminds me of flip board only there was something about flip board that I hated and Blink feed seems to be the same concept only more simple and user friendly IMO.

Do you guys like or dislike?

Sent from my HTC One (AT&T silver) using XDA developers app

floodingaugust

Oct 19, 2012
I agree I wish there was the option to remove it in the event that it becomes obsolete to me

Also agree about adding our own sources there are some websites i'd like to add but as you said we can only choose from a pre prescribed list

AdmnGT

Jul 20, 2011
I agree I wish there was the option to remove it in the event that it becomes obsolete to me

Also agree about adding our own sources there are some websites i'd like to add but as you said we can only choose from a pre prescribed list

That's the thing haha, if you could remove it from the get-go, you would never have a chance to appreciate it because for quite a lot of people it takes a bit of time for it to catch on. I think that not being able to remove it is ok, but being limited to so few sources is a HUGE fault.

Reactions: floodingaugust

floodingaugust

Oct 19, 2012
Yes this is true lol as I said when I first got the phone I hated the idea of it but by it being forced on me by HTC I actually grew to love it :thumbup:

Funkym0nkey

Jul 10, 2007
Moving around in the ancient land
Hate it, hate it hate it, dont like it, dont want it...........................

So to summarize, I want an option to disable it. It does not have the sources I want, nor does it have efficient interface to read all stories from one source quickly. And I dont want my social life plastered on my home screen. I dont use facebook and nothing is as good as Falcon Pro for twitter which I do use. So no, I dont want blinkfeed. I dont mind having it as a feature on phone as long as I can disable it. I dont like it forced down my throat.
I tried it for a day and it was meh!
Due to this approach I am simply not using Sense 5. There are tons of launcher options out there. Some better than any android skin. I am sticking with simple Nova for now.

Last edited:

dirtyhamster73

Sep 26, 2010
Wakefield, MA
You know you can always not set up blinkfeed and just set another screen as your home screen, right?
Just make blinkfeed the last screen on the left, since we can't move it to the right.

Just in case someone doesn't know...just pinch your screen and the option to edit will pop up.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

user602

May 8, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Nexus 7
Dislike

At first the idea of blink feed really irritated me but now that I've had the one for about a week I actually have been using it and it's really grown on me. It reminds me of flip board only there was something about flip board that I hated and Blink feed seems to be the same concept only more simple and user friendly IMO.

It's hidden away to the left of my home screen until there's a way to remove it from the Sense launcher.

floodingaugust

Oct 19, 2012
You know you can just remove facebook and Twitter from blink feed all together?

It's one of the options, that's what I did because I don't like my social stuff all over my home screen either and I just put blink feed all the way to the left as there is no infinite scrolling and I never end up there by accident

But it's your right not to like it, I was just curious.

I was gonna use a launcher but I really just like HTC sense

Funkym0nkey

Jul 10, 2007
You know you can just remove facebook and Twitter from blink feed all together?

It's one of the options, that's what I did because I don't like my social stuff all over my home screen either and I just put blink feed all the way to the left as there is no infinite scrolling and I never end up there by accident

But it's your right not to like it, I was just curious.

I was gonna use a launcher but I really just like HTC sense

Yes, there is an option. The thing is, I dont want any source from blinkfeed's list. (Actually I do couple, but the way their stories are presented is actually less efficient than using something like Pulse with widget. And rest are absent. Not efficient to use 2 things to do 1 thing. I dont want my facebook plastered on blinkfeed, so that is also gone.. And it is not as good as Falcon. So basiclaly I dont need it. I want it disabled totally, not have 1 extra home screen wasted with blue blotches.

When it comes to phone interface, I am a bit OCD. I can change my home screen. But I would know there on the left side hides a monster that is always there just waiting to throw big blue squares and rectangles in my fact when i go there............:p

Blinkfeed is also not the only reason to ditch Sense 5 for me. I also dont like the app drawer and way it works, the way desktop action is limited to just adding widgets and I need 4 steps to change simple thing like wallpaper, not to mention wasted space on 1080P screen which can easily take 5x6 grid.

Options and choices is why I love android. I am not ready for any OEM to force a launcher I dont like down my throat.

Last edited:

drspikes

Aug 29, 2009
London
When it comes to phone interface, I am a bit OCD. I can change my home screen. But I would know there on the left side hides a monster that is always there just waiting to throw big blue squares and rectangles in my fact when i go there............:p

Options and choices is why I love android. I am not ready for any OEM to force a launcher I dont like down my throat.

A bit? OCD.

If you're that OCD I'm sure you count the number of swipes needed to avoid disaster.

It's not forced down your throat, just install a different launch. The freedom is yours.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Funkym0nkey

Jul 10, 2007
A bit? OCD.

If you're that OCD I'm sure you count the number of swipes needed to avoid disaster.

It's not forced down your throat, just install a different launch. The freedom is yours.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

If you did care to read the previous posts I have already changed the launcher to Nova Launcher prime for exact same reason. I was responding to the posts where some people said you can ignore that page and leave it there in Sense 5. And my other reasons for not liking Sense 5 and why I replaced it with Nova.
That is precisely what I meant. I am not going to use Sense as it is because OEM decides I need to use it certain way. I will change it to something else like I have done already.

I dont like things that just exists for the sake of it taking up usable space and hurting productivity. Now I have 3 screens with endless scroll to quickly go where I want to go and quickly do what I want to do.

Also I guess you missed little bit of sarcasm in my previous post :p

Last edited:

kxfrog

Oct 23, 2010
London
I really didn't like blinkfeed at first but then I got used to it, but the limited news sources did irritate me.

Moved to apex launcher after a few days and now on CM, definitely don't miss it

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

cd65

May 8, 2013
I don't mind blinkfeed but it's no Flipboard. It may eventually become better in future updates though and if that happens, I will be happy to use it full-time. My biggest gripe with it (and as a new Android/Sense 5 user, someone can tell me if this can be remedied) is that many of my photos and Zoes show up upside-down in Blinkfeed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I like it will be much better when we can add our own feeds

I too like it but find it a huge flaw that we don't have complete control over the sources.

MG
    How are people still taking about this?! The original post was so long ago and it's not even a poll to get the average opinion lol. Would someone really read 24 pages to figure out out? :p

People like to hear other people's opinions as well as sharing their own. As for you...

Go somewhere else and be a Debbie downer no one wants to hear your negative ass comments.

<3 thank you

You know you can always not set up blinkfeed and just set another screen as your home screen, right?
    Just make blinkfeed the last screen on the left, since we can't move it to the right.

Just in case someone doesn't know...just pinch your screen and the option to edit will pop up.