Google Pixel 6
106.png

[ROM][AOKP 9/PIE][dumpling] AOKP Pie for OnePlus 5T

Code:
*** Disclaimer***
Your warranty is now void!
I am not responsible for damages caused by this ROM
YOU are choosing to install it!
If you have any concerns about potential issues or features with this ROM, do your research!
If you accuse me of causing problems with your device, you WILL be ridiculed!

I [B][U]DO NOT[/B][/U] own an OP5T!! I have no means of testing!!
Please provide feedback!

Introduction
WE ARE LIVE!!
AOKP is a ROM developed by TeamKang, based on AOSP/LineageOS with magical unicorn bytes (awesome features) baked right in!

Features
  • Android 9 Pie
  • OMS/Substratum Support - Theming baked right in
  • SU baked in - No need for SuperSU/Magisk (Unless you want them!)
  • Custom animations
  • Customizable AOKP logo in status bar
  • So many other features, explore and find them on your own!
  • ROMControl App - A centralized place to manage all almost all the cool features Magical unicorn Bytes!!

Known Issues
  • Pixel Launcher crashes constantly if you try to use it. This is an upstream issue, Lineage-16.0 has the same issue.
  • You tell me! I have no 5T, so the more reports I get the better. Please see below for proper issue reporting!

Proper Issue Reporting
  • Make sure you are seeing the issue on a CLEAN install! If the problem pops up after a dirty flash, wipe data/factory reset and see if it still happens before reporting it
  • Make sure you have not flashed anything extra, such as 3rd party kernels, SuperSU, Magisk, Xposed, etc. These extra packages can cause their own issues. As above, try a full wipe and then only flash the ROM package and Gapps package, and see if the issue persists before reporting
  • In your report please include the following:
    • Issue you are seeing, and how to recreate it
    • Logcat/kmesg from right after the issue if possible
    • Build date of ROM you are running
    • Gapps package you have installed

Installation instructions
  • Ensure you have the correct firmware installed (9.0.9)
  • Backup your data! (nandroid, TiBu, etc.)
  • Wipe Data/Factory Reset (You did backup, right?)
  • Flash ROM
  • Flash GAPPS
  • Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache
  • Reboot

Download

Changelog
Initial Official release

Thanks To/Credits
  • TeamKang
  • tdm
  • LineageOS

PayPal Donations and thanks are always appreciated!

XDA:DevDB Information
Pie Android Open Kang Project for OnePlus 5T [dumpling], ROM for the OnePlus 5T

Contributors
shane87
Source Code: http://aokp.co/source/

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Firmware package from OOS 9.0.9
Based On: LineageOS, CyanogenMod, OmniRom, AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-01-20
Last Updated 2020-01-24

rohithksaj

Jun 28, 2011
kerala
Ah..atlast..

Just one small request.

If possible do the navigation bar gestures available like OOS rom . !

shane87

Jan 11, 2011
Waynesburg, KY
Google Pixel 6
I am not being rud but shouldn't it better with Android Q.
That may be in the works. We are just getting things back up and running after a fairly lengthy hiatus.

Plus, we are based on lineage. They are still working on getting Q going.

Ah..atlast..

Just one small request.

If possible do the navigation bar gestures available like OOS rom . !
I will bring that up to the rest of the team, see where others stand on that feature. No guarantees.

k500zm

Aug 5, 2013
London
Aaaaah - Exactly what I was looking for - my perfect rom - testing v soon.

And to people wanting a 10 version of this. How about we wait a month or so until Oneplus release the official 10 and base the 10 AOKP on that! ;)

Last edited:

k500zm

Aug 5, 2013
London
Well I can't get AOKP to start up - coming from OOS 9.0.9

I get the AOKP spinning logo but it reboots after a while and goes into TWRP every time.
I have tried formating and wiping everything and just intalling rom and latest Pico GAPPS
also tried with install Rom, unsu.zip and Magisk 20.2 then Pico GAPPS and still no dice.

Last edited:

shane87

Jan 11, 2011
Waynesburg, KY
Google Pixel 6

I get the AOKP spinning logo but it reboots after a while and goes into TWRP every time.
I have tried formating and wiping everything and just intalling rom and latest Pico GAPPS
also tried with install Rom, unsu.zip and Magisk 20.2 then Pico GAPPS and still no dice.
Hmm, that's odd. I don't have an OP5T to test on myself. That is what my OP5 was doing before we got selinux straightened out. The only way I could get it to boot then was with selinux permissive. One of our other guys has an OP5T, he said he would take a look tomorrow.

rohithksaj

Jun 28, 2011
kerala

Am sorry for late report. But same for me ! Didn't load !

shane87

Jan 11, 2011
Waynesburg, KY
Google Pixel 6
Hmm, that's odd. I don't have an OP5T to test on myself. That is what my OP5 was doing before we got selinux straightened out. The only way I could get it to boot then was with selinux permissive. One of our other guys has an OP5T, he said he would take a look tomorrow.

Am sorry for late report. But same for me ! Didn't load !

Alright guys, as I said, I don't have an OP5T to test on, and, up until the time that I launched this thread, I had solely been maintaining OP5. I was not aware that our OP5T trees were WAY behind lineage. I am in the process of getting those trees updated, so hopefully we will have this issue squashed in a day or two. Please bear with me. I will post again once the updates are pulled in and we have builds based on those updates.

rohithksaj

Jun 28, 2011
kerala
Alright guys, as I said, I don't have an OP5T to test on, and, up until the time that I launched this thread, I had solely been maintaining OP5. I was not aware that our OP5T trees were WAY behind lineage. I am in the process of getting those trees updated, so hopefully we will have this issue squashed in a day or two. Please bear with me. I will post again once the updates are pulled in and we have builds based on those updates.
Deal. We are waiting !

Reactions: shane87

musicman5844

Jan 27, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
In regards to the previous question that you answered being Los base things would work better and be more stable if you used your own base most are going that route now being there own rom solely based on Google not another rom just a thought as some of us have already done ..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    106.png

[ROM][AOKP 9/PIE][dumpling] AOKP Pie for OnePlus 5T

Code:
    *** Disclaimer***
    Your warranty is now void!
    I am not responsible for damages caused by this ROM
    YOU are choosing to install it!
    If you have any concerns about potential issues or features with this ROM, do your research!
    If you accuse me of causing problems with your device, you WILL be ridiculed!

I [B][U]DO NOT[/B][/U] own an OP5T!! I have no means of testing!!
    Please provide feedback!

Introduction
    WE ARE LIVE!!
    AOKP is a ROM developed by TeamKang, based on AOSP/LineageOS with magical unicorn bytes (awesome features) baked right in!

Features
    • Android 9 Pie
    • OMS/Substratum Support - Theming baked right in
    • SU baked in - No need for SuperSU/Magisk (Unless you want them!)
    • Custom animations
    • Customizable AOKP logo in status bar
    • So many other features, explore and find them on your own!
    • ROMControl App - A centralized place to manage all almost all the cool features Magical unicorn Bytes!!

Known Issues
    • Pixel Launcher crashes constantly if you try to use it. This is an upstream issue, Lineage-16.0 has the same issue.
    • You tell me! I have no 5T, so the more reports I get the better. Please see below for proper issue reporting!

Proper Issue Reporting
    • Make sure you are seeing the issue on a CLEAN install! If the problem pops up after a dirty flash, wipe data/factory reset and see if it still happens before reporting it
    • Make sure you have not flashed anything extra, such as 3rd party kernels, SuperSU, Magisk, Xposed, etc. These extra packages can cause their own issues. As above, try a full wipe and then only flash the ROM package and Gapps package, and see if the issue persists before reporting
    • In your report please include the following:
      • Issue you are seeing, and how to recreate it
      • Logcat/kmesg from right after the issue if possible
      • Build date of ROM you are running
      • Gapps package you have installed

Installation instructions
    • Ensure you have the correct firmware installed (9.0.9)
    • Backup your data! (nandroid, TiBu, etc.)
    • Wipe Data/Factory Reset (You did backup, right?)
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GAPPS
    • Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache
    • Reboot

Download

Changelog
    Initial Official release

Thanks To/Credits
    • TeamKang
    • tdm
    • LineageOS

PayPal Donations and thanks are always appreciated!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pie Android Open Kang Project for OnePlus 5T [dumpling], ROM for the OnePlus 5T

Contributors
    shane87
    Source Code: http://aokp.co/source/

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Firmware package from OOS 9.0.9
    Based On: LineageOS, CyanogenMod, OmniRom, AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-01-20
    Last Updated 2020-01-24
    I am sorry that it did not work.

With that being said, I was upfront from the start with this thread. I do not have an OP5T. I have no way of personally testing. I was informed that I should go ahead and start the thread and provide download links. When I reported no boot, I was asked to find volunteer testers, as the team member who owns a 5T was busy at work, and also maintains for OP6 as well.
    I would also like to point out that you volunteered to test. You did not have to do that.

We are working on the issue. I will keep the thread informed. Just remember, all of us working on AOKP are doing so for free, we receive no compensation for the hours we spend tinkering, tweaking, and testing. Or the hours we spend maintaining our threads on xda.
    Wouldn't be the first time I've worked with AOKP. Back with whitehawkx. I can look at your source if you want. I don't have a build environment set up and it would be a week or so before I could have one.
    AOD/Ambient Display fixed

Alright guys, I just finished some changes that will fix the AOD/Ambient Display issue. There was a missing commit, even LOS doesn't have it as far as I can tell, that added the Always On Display switch to the Ambient Display screen in Settings. I now have that option added, and tested as working on cheeseburger. However, the change is strictly to the common tree that cheeseburger and dumpling share, so it should work the same on dumpling. I have pushed the change up, but I am waiting to see if anyone else wants to test before the change goes live, so it may be a day or two before you see a new build with the fix in it. I am attaching a screenshot of the new Ambient Display options screen from my cheeseburger device.
    I think you should have checked with the AOKP Team member who owns a Oneplus 5t to install this before you posted this topic.
    Another wasted night for me - There is no change - it will not startup.
    I am sorry that it did not work.

With that being said, I was upfront from the start with this thread. I do not have an OP5T. I have no way of personally testing. I was informed that I should go ahead and start the thread and provide download links. When I reported no boot, I was asked to find volunteer testers, as the team member who owns a 5T was busy at work, and also maintains for OP6 as well.
    I would also like to point out that you volunteered to test. You did not have to do that.

We are working on the issue. I will keep the thread informed. Just remember, all of us working on AOKP are doing so for free, we receive no compensation for the hours we spend tinkering, tweaking, and testing. Or the hours we spend maintaining our threads on xda.
    Update to OP

Alright guys, I have updated the OP to reflect that this ROM currently needs firmware from OOS 9.0.9. I do apologize for missing the firmware requirements in the intial posting. I star at gerrit so much that I forget not everyone sees when we update firmware requirements.

I will update the OP, and post an announcement, any time that we update the firmware base required.