Exporting Contacts from Windows Mobile to Android (Without Outlook or Google Sync)

Search This thread

tanzemyu

Nov 8, 2009
Beograd
Bluetooth worked for me. From wm device contacts (select all) to sd card of android, via bt. Later done ``import contacts from sd card``.

Reactions: joemanb

ewe_chai

Aug 28, 2008
Thank you msullivan,
This sharing save me a lot from re-key in the contact one by one again.
Very good sharing and details... :)

wseverin

May 12, 2008
Phoenix
How to recover the hex encoded Notes field

Here's a bit of Libreoffice basic (MS Excel?) code to recover text from the "Notes" field. I had 832 contacts, about a third of them with notes in the "Notes" field, so I didn't want to lose that information. The text info in the Notes field is just wide (16-bit) characters stored as hex strings ("0x..,0x..,...) and it's easily recoverable. I created a couple of Libreoffice Basic macros to do that. Here's how to use them:

1. Do as msullivan suggests, all the way up through creating the .csv file. Open the resulting .csv file in Libreoffice calc (or MS Excel?).
  2. Create a new macro module, if necessary, and paste in the two functions in code below. In Libreoffice Calc it's
    Tools->Macros->Organize macros->Libreoffice Basic...->
    and then add a new module if necessary. Open it for edit. Copy and paste the code below into the macro text editor and then close the editor.
  3. Back in your opened spreadsheet, insert a new column to the right of the Notes column. In my spreadsheet, that's after column BG.
  4. Fill that column with "=w2str(BGn)" where BG is whatever column where your hex encoded notes are, and n is the row number. You should now see your recovered notes.
  5. Select the new column, copy it, and "paste special" text only over the old Notes column (BG, in my case). Your notes as text strings should now be in that column, and the new column with the formula should turn to blanks or gibberish. That's OK. Delete the new column (BH, in my case).
  6. Add a column header "Notes" to the column, and save as... a new .csv file. You can now clean it up and proceed as msullivan suggests.

Here's the code:
Code:
Function w2str (orig as string) as string
	wrk = split(orig,",")
	w2str = ""
	for indx = 1 to Ubound(wrk) step 2
		w2str = w2str + chr$(hVal(right(wrk(indx),2) + right(wrk(indx-1),2)))
	next
End Function

Function hVal (hStr as string) as integer
	dim c as integer
	hVal = 0
	for ndx = 1 to len(hStr)
		c = Asc(mid(hStr,ndx,1))
		if c >= 48 and c <= 57 then
			hVal = hVal * 16 + c - 48
		elseif c >= 65 and c <= 70 then
			hVal = hVal * 16 + c - 55
		elseif c >= 97 and c <= 102 then
			hVal = hVal * 16 + c - 87
		elseif c <> 32 then
			hVal = 0
			exit for 
		endif
	next
End Function

Libreoffice basic is a clone of MS basic, to 95%. It might take a bit of tweaking to get it to work in MS, but the changes should be minor. Anyone who gets it working with MS, please post.

Last edited:

tzpm

Oct 5, 2012
收件人: Exporting Contacts from Windows Mobile to Android (Without Outlook or Google Syn

have a try

Sent from my HTC X515d using xda premium

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
It's pretty easy, because your Android phone will sync to Google Contacts.
1. Sync your Windows Mobile phone to your computer (outlook, outlook express, whatever you normally sync to)
2. Export your contacts from there to a CSV. ( Go To file menu on the top left in the out look, click on Import and Export, click on Export file to, Click Next, click on Comma Separated Values (Windows), click on Next, click on Contacts, click on Browse Select drive and Folder Where you want to save file, click on Next.) You are DONE
3. Use Google Contacts to import the CSV (import is in the upper right from

A) this thread is old
B) The OP wanted a solution without Google Sync.

AbigailJones

Jun 16, 2016
It annoyed me with all these steps. I prefer some simpler ways, like exporting contacts from Windows phone to Android with a program on PC directly. And these programs are actually existing. So, why not make use of them.

Xvistak

Aug 26, 2016
How uninstall Outlook Mobile(RS1 build ***.321).Target install new version this app(appx in sd new version)?

Wysłane za pomocą mTalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This tip can be found in various parts of this forum, but I'm putting it here so that it can be more easily located.

The easiest way to move your contacts from Windows Mobile to Android (or just to Google in general):

While Booted into Windows Mobile:
    1. Download "Dotfred's PimBackup" (see below), it's a ZIP file, extract the one file in the ZIP to your storage card. If you can't unzip from your phone, do this step on a PC.
      http://www.dotfred.net/PIM/PPCPimBackupV2.8_wm2005.zip
    2. Launch the application. Select the action "Backup" (should be default). Uncheck everything but "Contacts" then hit "Next > >"
    3. Uncheck everything but "Create temp files in memory", hit "Next > >" (very important, don't screw this part up!)
    4. Once the backup has completed, hit "Exit" on the bottom-left

Now connect the phone to your PC (or remove the SD card and put it in an adapter) in order to access the file PimBackup created:
    • Look for a new file called "PIMBackup_xxxxxxxx.pib" (the 'x's will be numbers representing the date of the backup)
    • Rename that file, changing the extension from ".pib" to ".zip", and open the ZIP file
    • Extract the file "contacts_xxxxxxxx.csc" to somewhere on your computer, and change the extension from ".csc" to ".csv"

From here you can import the contacts into Google, but I *highly* suggest taking the time to perform a few extra steps to clean up the data a little bit.

Importing into Google
    http://www.tothepc.com/archives/import-contacts-to-gmail-from-csv-vcard-file/

More Cleaning of the Data
    You should open your CSV file in either Microsoft Excel, or OpenOffice.org Calc. The CSV is semicolon delimited, meaning you can't just straight up open these files and work with them, instead you have to perform a couple extra steps in either one:

Microsoft Excel
    http://www.online-tech-tips.com/cool-websites/importing-delimited-files-in-excel/

OpenOffice.org Calc
    On open of the CSV, check the "semicolon" box, uncheck all the rest.
    http://wiki.services.openoffice.org...ide/Starting_opening_saving#Opening_CSV_files
    Bluetooth worked for me. From wm device contacts (select all) to sd card of android, via bt. Later done ``import contacts from sd card``.