[ROM] JD's Builds [ Perfect Android 4.2.2 ] 6-23-2013

Search This thread

jakdillard

Oct 3, 2007
Indianapolis' west side
This is a simple AOSP rom that I'm maintaining for myself and sharing with the community.

Perfect Android is a open source ROM built from the ground up with the idea of being clean and stable for your Android device.

Based off of Android Open Source Project code, features and fixes are introduced with each build.

If you are looking for something that is more feature developed I would suggest BAMF, CyanogenMOD, AOKP, or ParaniodAndroid, that offers more.

Feature list:

- "Clear all" button on recent apps
- Apollo music player (thanks CM Team)
- DSP Manager (Thanks CM Team)
- Basic File Manager app (Thanks Open Intents)
- "Torch" flashlight app for devices that have a camera flash
- Power button menu "Reboot", "Screenshot", and "Expanded desktop" options
- Option to remove persistant search bar and enable auto rotation in Launcher settings

Instructions:

First time flashing device, or coming from another ROM?

Download the zip(s).
Optional: adb backup
Fastboot oem unlock > fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.
Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
Flash ROM.
Optional: Install the G-apps.

ROM: Link

G-Apps (optional): Link

Source: Link

Follow the above link for the complete source to make your own changes or to completely debug down to the core of the rom also follow my github for detailed changes.

Always remember that XDA started out as a great place and will remain a great place as long as we are great to each other anything used in this ROM is available upon request and feel free to use this as a base rom for any other project.

WANT TO CUSTOMIZE THIS ROM READ THIS:
Want to add or remove anything or customize for yourself use DSIXDA's Kitchen. Its a great kitchen for customizing prebuilt ROMs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-05-01-07-44-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-01-07-44-24.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,710
  • Screenshot_2013-05-16-23-01-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-16-23-01-16.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,603
Last edited:

offenberg

Oct 7, 2010
Copenhagen
will you catch a screenshot of this for me because the only thing see when I send a text is the word sending" before the time is displayed when the message has been sent I don't get a pop up

Its not when you send a text message. It just pops up. It also does on the stock google image. I'm not exactly sure what it is. It might be the phone sending logs to google. It is remove in most custom ROMs. But not in this one.

gparmar76

Dec 20, 2010
NJ
Re: [ROM] JD's vanilla builds JDQ39

Is this ROM rooted and deodexed? I need a stock ROM that's built from source but need it deodexed and root if possible.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

sk8oldschool74

Jul 14, 2012
Re: [ROM] JD's Stock Non Rooted Vanilla AOSP Builds JDQ39

If I flash this will it be the same as flashing factory image to correct any unwanted bugs???

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

nstavr

Sep 15, 2009
Re: [ROM] JD's Builds JDQ39

Thanks for this. So far running great. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: jakdillard

nstavr

Sep 15, 2009
Just wondering if you are still maintaining this ROM?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a simple AOSP rom that I'm maintaining for myself and sharing with the community.

Perfect Android is a open source ROM built from the ground up with the idea of being clean and stable for your Android device.

Based off of Android Open Source Project code, features and fixes are introduced with each build.

If you are looking for something that is more feature developed I would suggest BAMF, CyanogenMOD, AOKP, or ParaniodAndroid, that offers more.

Feature list:

- "Clear all" button on recent apps
    - Apollo music player (thanks CM Team)
    - DSP Manager (Thanks CM Team)
    - Basic File Manager app (Thanks Open Intents)
    - "Torch" flashlight app for devices that have a camera flash
    - Power button menu "Reboot", "Screenshot", and "Expanded desktop" options
    - Option to remove persistant search bar and enable auto rotation in Launcher settings

Instructions:

First time flashing device, or coming from another ROM?

Download the zip(s).
    Optional: adb backup
    Fastboot oem unlock > fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.
    Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    Flash ROM.
    Optional: Install the G-apps.

ROM: Link

G-Apps (optional): Link

Source: Link

Follow the above link for the complete source to make your own changes or to completely debug down to the core of the rom also follow my github for detailed changes.

Always remember that XDA started out as a great place and will remain a great place as long as we are great to each other anything used in this ROM is available upon request and feel free to use this as a base rom for any other project.

WANT TO CUSTOMIZE THIS ROM READ THIS:
    Want to add or remove anything or customize for yourself use DSIXDA's Kitchen. Its a great kitchen for customizing prebuilt ROMs.
    http://d-h.st/qCN

includes the rebuilt kernel with the commits from JDQ39E and Koush Superuser ... yes its rooted now,
    http://d-h.st/isi

this is about as stock as it can get ... rom is now ODEXed everything works as it should everything just works
    http://d-h.st/miH

New build, I moved DSP Manager from a launcher app to settings, Superuser is now in settings, Power menu hides extended features on screen lock, I added cm Torch, and "extended desktop", Google Keyboard is now available in the play store so I disabled the swipe feature on the AOSP keyboard.
    http://d-h.st/p0D

This adds some of the missing AOSP packages like AOSP Music, AOSP Calendar (does sync with google account), Voice Dialer, so the rom can be used with or without G-apps and be fully functional, if you do not want these apps there are two ways to kill them, one is to go to settings/apps/all and disable them or remove them prior to flashing