[ROM] CyanogenMod 10.2 - HOOD POPE - November 22, 2013

Search This thread

mholloway

Dec 9, 2011
new jersey
Just curious, what does the SU fix actually do?..... No one say it fixes the SU.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

Second the data issue, no data here with an ICS modem, maybe we could try a JB modem? Apart from that everything seems good

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4
I just checked APN settings, no then is set.all is blank.

Reactions: VMCR and l3gacy28

papertown11

Jan 6, 2013
Orlando
Trim support

question about trim support. Does it kick in as soon as we install over the old version of your wild for the night? or how would we get trim to start working? EL 26 Modem. no data present ALso tested GA10 FL04 FK09 no data going to test some other ics modems for safety FB15 FL24 fc05 FC14 ran the gammit boxin gloves i beat the trial going back to wild for the night

Last edited:

hakcenter

Mar 11, 2012
Sounds awesome :) I was thinking eventually (once I figure out how) to use CM's updater, but modify it to point to your server for OTA updates

You can modify the json urls in the xml of the updater.

Then you just have a simple file to continue to edit on server for compliance. The old cm team used it for i think shabbypenguin but let me tell you it gets old fast.

abadasstanker69

Mar 24, 2009
Phoenix, Az
www.facebook.com
OnePlus 7T
Just curious, what does the SU fix actually do?..... No one say it fixes the SU.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

Second the data issue, no data here with an ICS modem, maybe we could try a JB modem? Apart from that everything seems good

All it does is update su to the newest version. It IS required for super user to work. You don't have to download it from that specific link. Just Google it, find a working version, flash and reboot. If you don't, it won't show up in the app drawer.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

abadasstanker69

Mar 24, 2009
Phoenix, Az
www.facebook.com
OnePlus 7T
As far as data not working goes....are you dirty flashing? Have you tried the older GB modems? I'm not having that issue at all. I wiped everything 3 times. I'm using el29.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

I tried to get the development site up and running last night but passed out shortly after getting the format/os installed around 3. The link will be @ www.development.thinktankdesigns.org
@dastin the folder "Phone" on the server is the host for that subdomain. So when I get the site up, I'm gonna put the "Dastin" folder inside the "Phone" folder. I've got two more interviews today but it SHOULD be up tonight.

papertown11

Jan 6, 2013
Orlando
hm

redownloaded everything will edit when im done. Ill even use your modem

As far as data not working goes....are you dirty flashing? Have you tried the older GB modems? I'm not having that issue at all. I wiped everything 3 times. I'm using el29.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

I tried to get the development site up and running last night but passed out shortly after getting the format/os installed around 3. The link will be @ WWW.development. thinktankdesigns.org
@dastin the folder "Phone" on the server is the host for that subdomain. So when I get the site up, I'm gonna put the "Dastin" folder inside the "Phone" folder. I've got two more interviews today but it SHOULD be up tonight.

D

Dypraxxx

Data worked for me when I was on this ROM (FL24 modem) Its a YMMV thing I guess.

deakelem

Jul 29, 2012
Houston
mirror

So I noticed today while at work the host that hosts this rom was blocked by our web filtering device because it might "host potentially harmful content" Whether this is true or now which i doubt it is this might cause problems for other people who download from work or school. Since we use one of the most popular web filtering tools i imagine it will happen elsewhere.

I've put the gapps,rom, and su fix on my server for anyone who has issues with the current host.

cheers!

http://206.174.246.220/public/Android_Dev/dastin/hood_pope/cm_10.2/android_4.3/

Last edited:
Reactions: jstinger9489

papertown11

Jan 6, 2013
Orlando
eh

if there is one thing i dont do is give up on a good testing. plus i know how hard dastin works on all of this with school and monica to keep in mind so ill test test test . almost done reloading it all sorry im slow right now im working

... fresh 2 times 2 downloads even the el29 modem no go wifi works and text messaging works. no data though and yes of course i made sure data was turned on
I'm gonna try to get the opensource libril working anyways now

Last edited:

abadasstanker69

Mar 24, 2009
Phoenix, Az
www.facebook.com
OnePlus 7T
So I noticed today while at work the host that hosts this rom was blocked by our web filtering device because it might "host potentially harmful content" Whether this is true or now which i doubt it is this might cause problems for other people who download from work or school. Since we use one of the most popular web filtering tools i imagine it will happen elsewhere.

I've put the gapps,rom, and su fix on my server for anyone who has issues with the current host.

cheers!

http://206.174.246.220/public/Android_Dev/dastin/hood_pope/cm_10.2/anroid_4.3/

It's my server. I know what's on there. The only reason I can think of that may cause it is because GoogleBot hasn't been able to crawl the site yet. The only thing on there right now is a few modems, a few stock ROMs, dastin's ROMs, and my personal website. Idk what else to tell you.

dastin1015

Inactive Recognized Developer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    | CyanogenMod 10.2 - Android 4.3.1 - Jellybean |

f4oSyQR.jpg

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now likely void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * spontaneous combustion, or any other host of cosmic penalties
     * which may befall you, your family, or your phone.
     */

If you ask any questions that are answered in the first two posts your question will be ignored. If you don't search prior to posting you will be ignored. If you don't read you will be ignored. If you've done all that and still don't have an answer then feel free to ask your question. Ambiguity doesn't help anymore. Elaborate. It's that simple.

c4ypvbf.png

• Built from CM source
    • Service
    • Text
    • Calls
    • Data (YMMV)
    • Audio
    • WiFi
    • UMS
    • Google Now
    • Bluetooth
    • GPS
    • MMS
    • Video playback
    • Audio playback
    • Camera
    • Camcorder

bJO9QqG.png

• You tell me
    • Dock Audio
    • JB modem
    • 4G WiMAX
    • Standard CM 10.2 issues.
    • I don't have an activated device so I can't test everything and I'm paying for college out of pocket so no accessories.

2jpqfKR.png

• Do NOT use a JB modem
    • Flash a safe recovery (if required)
    • Flash an ICS modem (if required)
    • Wipe everything except sdcards
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GAPPS
    • Reboot
    • ???
    • Profit
    To enable Developer Options and Performance go to Settings, About Phone and repeatedly press Build Number.
    If you use ADB read this: PSA by CM
    If you use reboot to recovery read this: PSA by CM
    Regarding new Superuser: PSA by CM
    Read the FAQ thread here before posting any questions in this thread: FAQ

w5xnyz0.png

• First and foremost my girlfriend Monica for supporting me and encouraging me along the way as well as being the best girlfriend I could ask for!
    • Everyone who contributes to CM as this is based on their hard work!
    • EpicCM as I expanded their work to make it work for CM 10.1!
    • NineInchNails for being an awesome dev partner, moral support and friend!
    • Albinoman887 for being an awesome dev partner and friend!
    • NV-LTE for being an awesome dev partner and for the OP banner!
    • Preludedrew for his support and mentoring!
    • Abadasstanker69 for the hosting!
    • All my supporters!

Donation Link
    PqCOw62.png

Kernel source for GPL

The name of this ROM comes from A$AP Ferg's newest single Hood Pope.

sB7atuO.png

| Nov. 22, 2013 |
    • Data hopefully
    • Selinux policy changes
    • CM upstream: Here

| Oct. 21, 2013 |
    • JLS36I (4.3.1)

| Oct. 1, 2013 |
    • JLS36G
    • Data / WiFi handoff working completely

| Sep. 7, 2013 |
    • Data fixup
    | Sep. 7, 2013 |
    • Data fixup

| Aug. 20, 2013 |
    • Data stays connected as long as it is actively used

| Aug. 17, 2013 - v2 |
    • Little bit more stable data connection

| Aug. 17, 2013 |
    • Even more data stuff

| Aug. 16, 2013 |
    • More data stuff

| Aug. 14, 2013 |
    • Refine SELinux policies
    • Update ramdisk
    • Attempt to fix data

| Aug. 7, 2013 |
    • Initial release

l5SakBJ.png

| Nov. 22, 2013 |

| Oct. 21, 2013 |
    • ROM:
    • md5sum: 7a5b5f8244034a32d13c2bc1bb55b49f

| Oct. 1, 2013 |

| Sep. 7, 2013 |

| Aug. 20, 2013 |

| Aug. 17, 2013 - v2 |

| Aug. 17, 2013 |

| Aug. 16, 2013 |

| Aug. 14, 2013 |

| Aug. 7, 2013 |
    Update released! See changelog for details and enjoy!
    Cool -- is that not worth pursuing from your end? I mean, I guess I wouldn't know...

Also -- since Focal seems to be causing camera problems... I know it's a big deal for CM, but wouldn't it be wise to remove it until those issues are sorted out?

No. That bandaids a problem. It won't solve it. He's trying to find a permanent solution. It's strange that there are so many differences in reported issues. I never had any graphic issues at all. Never had random reboots or bootloops. My data was just touch and go. Yes I know about the reported fix. No I didn't try it because that's not really helping dastin narrow down the problem. If you want to try it to get a working data connection, go for it. I'm just interested in testing what's wrong, reporting the issues, and helping to fix it. We where gonna get some logcats going but I fell asleep. The wife is on my case about "never doing anything" so I'm kinda screwed on that right now. If anyone else would like to step up and help out go here and learn to post a logcat http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1726238 if not, I'll get to it once I get the monkey off my back! :screwy:

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

It appears to me that is what he is doing. Also I'm pretty sure not taking out focal is how they are getting camera issues worked out.

Man, there sure sounds like alot of criticism against dastin's hard work.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

So selfish my friend, he is giving you something to "play with" right now. Just give him some positive feedback about your issues, and I'm sure he can make it to "your" standards...

SERIOUSLY! There's a difference in reporting bugs and complaining. Please don't let your bug reports turn in to.*****ing reports. Nobody cares. We are all trying to help. If you aren't, go away. There's a stable version in CM out. Use it. If you want to be on the bleeding edge, you need to understand things may not work. You can complain or you can do something about it. Be warned, if you ARE a complainer who contributes nothing to the community, you will be ignored. You're questions won't get answers. You will be as a fart in the wind. Be constructive. Be proactive. Be courteous. Be helpful. This isn't directed at any one individual but I've talked to Dastin about this at length. It's annoying as **** to work as hard as he does between work, school, and his real life just to get on here and have a bunch of people jerking his balls around. This is how we lose devs. Read your post before pushing submit. Then reread it as if you where him.

Update released! See changelog for details and enjoy!