15th May 2011, 06:56 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 97

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konklone

With debugging enabled, it's 685e. When I run lsusb, only one of those will show up, never both

You're more than welcome.

I noticed that in Windows, both devices appear in device manager. That is a very strange problem you have discovered.

I just posted instructions and files to give you root access! Might take your mind off the MTP issues for a while

Who knows... the problem might just go away

27th May 2011, 01:24 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konklone

One possibly important topic - it's really surprising to me that yours works either way, because lsusb shows that a different product ID is exposed to the host, depending on whether debugging is on or not. With debugging disabled, it's 6860, like your example. With debugging enabled, it's 685e. help.

Are you sure? On my device its the other way around. Without debugging its 685e and with debugging its 6860?
27th May 2011, 02:41 PM |#13  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvogel

Are you sure? On my device its the other way around. Without debugging its 685e and with debugging its 6860?

Ok I got it working on my device, I switched on usb debugging in settings. lsusb now returns 6860 and I am able to mount the galaxy tab using the process outlined above.
27th May 2011, 03:43 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
This is craziness. Is my Galaxy Tab a rare mutant piece of hardware who had its USB numbers switched?

Also - I noticed that Ubuntu somehow automounts my tablet and can read/write to its disk, through a Nautilus plugin. But I still get nothing with mtp-detect. I don't understand how the world works.
12th June 2011, 11:15 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've also got an I/O tablet (updated to 3.1) and I followed this tutorial, so thanks for the help you provided! I managed to copy some files to the device but it ended up freezing my computer (running Ubuntu 10.10).

So I unplugged the tablet, and saw that effectively those few pictures and pdf files had been copied to the device successfully. Pictures are in the Gallery, pdf can be read with Aldiko... but the funny thing is that when I mounted again the tablet -using Ubuntu again- it shows all folders as empty!

That is, 0 files in all tablet folders.

I tried "showing all hidden files" with Nautilus. No luck, nothing is shown. Went to the folder using command line, did an ls -la (just in case who knows! maybe it would show something!). No luck either, directories are apparently empty and have "1 January 1970" as modification date... if it helps.

I can see the files inside the folders using ADB but it's obviously not ideal, specially compared with simply using Nautilus.

Does it happen to you too?
19th June 2011, 04:52 AM |#16  
L.A.
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Anyone get this working? I'm having the same exact issues as Konklone. I'm on Maverick and tried the different udev rules and it still doesn't work. I'm gonna be pissed if I have to buy the stupid Samsung USB adapter just to get USB mass storage.
19th June 2011, 05:13 PM |#17  

More
Smile [ASK]Noobs need solution
gMTP tells me that there is no device. Any ideas?
21st June 2011, 10:43 AM |#18  
Flag Orange county

More
I'm having the same issue. First try I was able to plug in and mount to my netbook. Tried to plug into my mac and it didn't work. Hasn't worked since then, i'm considering doing a factory reset.
25th June 2011, 03:38 AM |#19  

More
I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 64-bit. Note that you do have to enable backports to install gmtp.

Edit /etc/apt/sources.list, uncomment the lines with:
Code:
deb (http-url) maverick-backports main restricted universe multiverse
deb-src (http-url) maverick-backports main restricted universe multiverse
Run
Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install gmtp
I had to unplug the device and replug it back in a couple of times before gmtp would connect to it properly. It seems to be pretty flaky.
27th June 2011, 07:03 AM |#20  
Flag Poe Dunk Ville
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Wow...........
This is nonsense ..... is there a way to enable USB Mass Storage or are we completely hosed with MTP?
1st July 2011, 08:20 PM |#21  
Flag Oslo
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I remember this **** from back in 05, struggling with Creative's MTP mp3 players. It sucked then, still sucks apparently.

Retail 10.1 32 gig rooted. lsusb shows
USB Debugging Enabled = 685e
USB Debugging Disabled = 6860

So I've tried them both, changed the udev rule, rebooted, gtab shows up under /dev/ , but both mtp-detect and gmtp tells me the same
No raw devices found.

EDIT: a bit off topic, but are there really no one who have considered making a GUI tool out of USB debugging and adb push?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)