357 posts
Thanks Meter: 97

By bcmobile, Senior Member on 13th May 2011, 03:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st July 2011, 08:20 PM |#21  
Flag Oslo
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I remember this **** from back in 05, struggling with Creative's MTP mp3 players. It sucked then, still sucks apparently.

Retail 10.1 32 gig rooted. lsusb shows
USB Debugging Enabled = 685e
USB Debugging Disabled = 6860

So I've tried them both, changed the udev rule, rebooted, gtab shows up under /dev/ , but both mtp-detect and gmtp tells me the same
No raw devices found.

EDIT: a bit off topic, but are there really no one who have considered making a GUI tool out of USB debugging and adb push?

8th July 2011, 07:33 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
So have people been getting this to work on the retail Tab 10.1?
9th July 2011, 08:40 AM |#23  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 25,472

Donate to Me
More
It looks like no, but I think I might have figured out why - will test tomorrow.

Apparently libmtp will only find devices it "knows".

The commit for the Galaxy Tab support was 5/26/11, Ubuntu has version 1.0.6 of libmtp which was released 2/11/11.

So it looks like we need to find a PPA that has 1.1.0 for libmtp

Edit: None seems to exist and trying to install the Oneric packages doesn't work - too many packages in Natty depend on libmtp8 and this is libmtp9. Can't have both at once.
9th July 2011, 05:55 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Is there anyway to compile the SGT support into libmtp8 and then replace it with the repos' libmtp8?
9th July 2011, 08:05 PM |#25  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 25,472

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOtaku

Is there anyway to compile the SGT support into libmtp8 and then replace it with the repos' libmtp8?

I just tried backporting the timeout and detection patches to libmtp8. (libmtp-1.0.6)

At this point the tab is now detected by MTP but all operations hang/timeout, even beyond the "extended" 60 second timeout added by the patch.

Maybe there's another dependency I'm missing.
13th August 2011, 12:29 AM |#26  
Flag Fairfax, VA
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

I just tried backporting the timeout and detection patches to libmtp8. (libmtp-1.0.6)

At this point the tab is now detected by MTP but all operations hang/timeout, even beyond the "extended" 60 second timeout added by the patch.

Maybe there's another dependency I'm missing.

I'm trying to do the same. Not having much luck either.

Other things I've tried:

Grabbed libmtp from sourceforge and compiled that, but it installed into /usr/local/bin and mtp-detect was still using the version in /usr/bin.

Then tried grabbing libmtp9 source packages for oneiric and building them locally the "normal" way (configure, make, make install). When I tried using debian/rules, got some errors that were beyond my capabilities.

Setup: gtab 10.1 from I/O (running 3.1), natty x64

Can't seem to find any libmtp9 PPAs, either. And trying to dpkg -i the libmtp9 .deb file just gives me loads of dependency problems.

Anyone making any progress with this?
13th August 2011, 10:45 PM |#27  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Hello found another way ^^
Use ddms from sdk tools
Then go to file explorer menu, you can drag and drop from nautilus
14th August 2011, 02:30 AM |#28  
Flag Fairfax, VA
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Excellent. I'll give that a try. Would still be nice to have it properly mounted so I could use rsync.
14th August 2011, 06:20 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevin

I'm trying to do the same. Not having much luck either.

Other things I've tried:

Grabbed libmtp from sourceforge and compiled that, but it installed into /usr/local/bin and mtp-detect was still using the version in /usr/bin.

Then tried grabbing libmtp9 source packages for oneiric and building them locally the "normal" way (configure, make, make install). When I tried using debian/rules, got some errors that were beyond my capabilities.

Setup: gtab 10.1 from I/O (running 3.1), natty x64

Can't seem to find any libmtp9 PPAs, either. And trying to dpkg -i the libmtp9 .deb file just gives me loads of dependency problems.

Anyone making any progress with this?

Hey,

I got it working using the source from sourceforge, but adding: "./configure --bindir=/usr/bin --libdir=/usr/lib"

hope that helps!

update:

maybe i was a bit premature; mtp-detect finds gtab, but there's still a problem connecting - i'll work on it!

libmtp version: 1.1.0

Listing raw device(s)
Device 0 (VID=04e8 and PID=6860) is a Samsung GT-P7510/Galaxy Tab 10.1.
Found 1 device(s):
Samsung: GT-P7510/Galaxy Tab 10.1 (04e8:6860) @ bus 3, dev 3
Attempting to connect device(s)
PTP_ERROR_IO: failed to open session, trying again after resetting USB interface
LIBMTP libusb: Attempt to reset device
LIBMTP PANIC: failed to open session on second attempt
Unable to open raw device 0
OK.
14th August 2011, 11:41 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
workaround
Hi everybody as there is a bug filed for libmt, not working actually with galaxy tab 10.1, I suggest a workaround using a very simple gui developed by Soledad Penades and called aafm. (Sorry, can't post links) It uses adb instead of mtp, so you have to enable debug. I tested it and works like a charm for transfer of files.
16th August 2011, 03:29 PM |#31  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 36

More
The method is similiar to using ddms
Aafm still buggy for long file names
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)