Phone not always staying rooted?

Search This thread
Sorry if this is a very noobish question, but I've done a pretty good amount of searching and haven't found anything. Every once in a while when I check an app like WakeLock Detector or browse Xposed modules my phone will tell me that I am not rooted. I use root checker just to double check and it confirms this. Upon reset my phone will 'go back' to being rooted. I've done a factory reset and rooted again but was still getting the same problem. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

I'm on a Sprint HTC One with 4.4.2 for the record.

To any mods: sorry if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it or let me know where to correctly post it.

cr1960

May 15, 2007
Melbourne
Sorry if this is a very noobish question, but I've done a pretty good amount of searching and haven't found anything. Every once in a while when I check an app like WakeLock Detector or browse Xposed modules my phone will tell me that I am not rooted. I use root checker just to double check and it confirms this. Upon reset my phone will 'go back' to being rooted. I've done a factory reset and rooted again but was still getting the same problem. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

I'm on a Sprint HTC One with 4.4.2 for the record.

To any mods: sorry if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it or let me know where to correctly post it.

what rom are you running? (stock or custom)