Apr 25, 2011
Last edited:
Reactions: vincent2167

androidizen

Aug 19, 2012
www.androidizen.com
Updated:

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B4VW2oHfDFmmaGpnWnBxMEQtZ0k&export=download
Thanks stevecer1 to offer a .DNG sample on his T-mo S6 5.1.1 and you can open it in Lightroom or Photo Mate R2(Android app for RAW). Can't wait for 5.1.1 to arrive on my S6 now.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=113&platform=Windows
Download Lightroom for Windows

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tssystems.photomate2&hl=zh_TW
Photo Mate R2

Sorry to piss on your parade but its a base feature of the OS so all you have done is installed an app that can work with the API already in Android. Wake me up when Samsung enables it directly in their own camera app so we can make full use of the Hardware as intended and properly calibrated to the sensor.

TheEndHK

Apr 25, 2011
Sorry to piss on your parade but its a base feature of the OS so all you have done is installed an app that can work with the API already in Android. Wake me up when Samsung enables it directly in their own camera app so we can make full use of the Hardware as intended and properly calibrated to the sensor.

http://spectrastudy.com/camera2-api-on-mwc-2015-devices/
I think you got some misunderstanding concept here. It is not a must bcoz Lollipop supports full(api2), limited(api2) and legacy mode(api1). Our 5.0.2 currently is running on limited without RAW function. Some other phones like Note4, Sony Z3 probably is still running with old driver mode.

Reactions: Sheldor1967

abubasim

[snip!]Wake me up when Samsung enables it directly in their own camera app so we can make full use of the Hardware as intended and properly calibrated to the sensor.
There are examples where a third-party camera app produces much better quality than Samsung's own app. Like this, this and this on the Note 4.

Last edited:
Reactions: CLARiiON

daewond3r

Sep 3, 2009
Los Angeles
Your phone camera will never achieve dslr camera quality.

Why not use a real camera if you want quality photos?

What's the old adage? "The best camera is the one you have with you."

No one should expect DSLR quality photos from their smartphone (yet), but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy the new RAW capture abilities. Sometimes I'm out with friends or driving somewhere and I catch a nice sunset or a perfect cityscape shot. I wasn't out with the intent to shoot so I don't have my camera with me. Well guess what—I can still get a (potentially) nice shot now, because my phone can capture RAW images for me to tinker with later.

abubasim

Of course not. It's foolish when smartphones are compared with DLSRs. Even my ancient Canon 300D with all of its 6 megapixels still performs better than my new Galaxy S6. But that's not the point. I will not always carrying that bulky DLSR with me but I always carry my phone.

TheEndHK

Apr 25, 2011

Sent from my SM-G920T

Sure but who cares? DSLR is used to shoot somethings you prepared and planned for a long time while phone camera is for point and shoot purpose.

I don't see why they can't be both benefit by RAW. Why only DSLR is allow to shoot RAW? Because you think I want to transform my S6 to DSLR via RAW? Are you kidding me?

orrorin

Aug 28, 2009
I have a T-Mobile S6 with 5.1.1 and I can't shoot RAW in Camera FV-5. What's the deal?

NIK516

Mar 4, 2010
Why not use a real camera if you want quality photos?

Well because when the opportunity comes to take a great photo and I don't have my dslr I won't just say ohhhh dam. And no the quality will not be as good but I'll have the shot.
Do people know that photography is an art and people still use pinhole cameras to get shots and people still use an old dslr with 5 mp to sell work ?
However if you don't understand the passion in photography I can understand your point.

Sometimes you want an exhaust on your Honda civic even if it's not a type r ..... you get me?

Last edited:
Reactions: Orion575

Top Liked Posts