FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DEV] The project to port Android(froyo) on S8500 (8530)

183 posts
Thanks Meter: 624

By oleg_k, Retired Recognized Developer on 29th March 2011, 04:26 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
24th April 2011, 09:16 PM |#591  
Flag Minsk
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebellos

Thanks, gonna download it, but I'm afraid I won't know how to compile it. ^^
As I stated in FOTA thread, i'm hanging up SD Card mounting tries from bootloader level for now. It's too much work.

Pls, share your fixed FOTA source (i have S8500) and I9000 bootloader. I can try run your files with original kernel.
If you want compile kernel, you need to rerad README.txt from source:
HOW TO BUILD KERNEL 2.6.32 FOR SHW-M130K

1. Visit http://www.codesourcery.com/, download and install Sourcery G++ Lite 2009q3-67 toolchain for ARM EABI.
2. Extract kernel source and move into the top directory.
3. Open 'Makefile' in the top directory and modify the value of following CROSS_COMPILE to a proper one regarding the path where toolchain is installed.
CROSS_COMPILE ?= /opt/toolchains/arm-2009q3/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-
4. Execute 'make shw-m130k_defconfig'.
5. Execute 'make' or 'make -j<n>' where '<n>' is the number of multiple jobs to be invoked simultaneously.
6. If the kernel is built successfully, you will find following files from the top directory:
arch/arm/boot/zImage
net/netfilter/xt_TCPMSS.ko
drivers/onedram_svn/modemctl/modemctl.ko
drivers/onedram_svn/onedram/onedram.ko
drivers/onedram_svn/svnet/svnet.ko
drivers/bluetooth/bthid/bthid.ko
drivers/net/wireless/bcm4329/dhd.ko

I have already do that and i have kernel.
24th April 2011, 09:22 PM |#592  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Gdańsk
Thanks Meter: 3,468

Donate to Me
More
Thanks, oleg attached I9000 bootloader in first post of this thread.
I have just attached my all FOTA files in FOTA thread, all you have to do is fix addressing so it fits S8500 (will be hard if you haven't got ELF's to your bootloader) and modify code to load bootloader (I don't know exactly if do we have to load boot.bin and param.lfs), load kernel and jump into kernel or someway convince I9000 bootloader to load it by itself, cuz probably it isn't so simple procedure. Anyway I guess nothing happens, because it would be too easy. ;d

//edit: Do I need linux to compile Android kernel? And what the hell is EABI and uClinux?! Do they compile this toolchain even for Symbian but not for Windows?!

//edit2: Maybe I can do it with Cygwin... ;d
//edit3: Windows package is available to download under Linux link, eek... It appears I gotta go sleep.
24th April 2011, 09:35 PM |#593  
Flag Straffan
Thanks Meter: 183

More
Any developer worth his salt has an install of Linux or BSD somewhere in their home or work. If you dont have either and are relying on windows to do your development maybe you are not suitable for the task! :P go install linux ya bum!
24th April 2011, 09:44 PM |#594  
Flag Minsk

More
Kernel 2.6.32 for shw-m130k
zImage.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to srg.mstr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift srg.mstr Ad-Free
24th April 2011, 10:07 PM |#595  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Moscow

Donate to Me
More
Easy Guys, easy.
Original kernel and bootloader from i9000 or m130k doesn't work on s8500 or s8530.

This is my current kernel and boot files, work on s8500.
Sbl.bin patched by Mijoma.
For the S8530 I need to recompile the kernel.
it's working pre-alpha version of Kernel

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L9YB0V7D
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to oleg_k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oleg_k Ad-Free
24th April 2011, 10:09 PM |#596  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleg_k

Easy Guys, easy.
Original kernel and bootloader from i9000 or m130k doesn't work on s8500 or s8530.

This is my current kernel and boot files, work on s8500.
Sbl.bin patched by Mijoma.
For the S8530 I need to recompile the kernel.

Maybe you forgot to attach it?
The Following User Says Thank You to mkz14 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mkz14 Ad-Free
24th April 2011, 10:21 PM |#597  
Flag Minsk

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleg_k

Easy Guys, easy.

Now it is important to run any kernel to look how it is loading into ram.
The Following User Says Thank You to srg.mstr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift srg.mstr Ad-Free
24th April 2011, 10:30 PM |#598  
Flag Moscow

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by srg.mstr

Now it is important to run any kernel to look how it is loading into ram.

the original kernel is don't boot,because of another amount of memory.
<2>kernel BUG at /home/oleg/new-i9000/android_kernel_samsung/mm/bootmem.c:341!

and it is important to use the following organization of memory:

mi->bank[0].start = 0x30000000;
mi->bank[0].size = 80 * SZ_1M;

mi->bank[1].start = 0x40000000;
mi->bank[1].size = 256 * SZ_1M;

and last,kernel starting from:
Starting kernel at 0x32000000...
don't forget!!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to oleg_k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oleg_k Ad-Free
24th April 2011, 10:59 PM |#599  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Gdańsk
Thanks Meter: 3,468

Donate to Me
More
Thank you very much, gonna test it tommorow.
Got only some questions:
What parts of bootloader should I load and where? Only sbl under 0x40200000? Wont kernel overwrite it?
What do I have to do if I want to try it under S8530? Can you tell me what to change or can you recompile it for me? (I dont know if there are sources included, writing from my wave)
Should I load whole kernel image from offset 0x0 under given addr and juat jump into first byte? Maybe can you explain steps what and where are you loading and executing when using JTAG, it probably all can and must be done through FOTA.

Thanks in advance.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebellos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2011, 11:13 PM |#600  
Flag Moscow

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Got only some questions:
What parts of bootloader should I load and where? Only sbl under 0x40200000? Wont kernel overwrite it?
What do I have to do if I want to try it under S8530? Can you tell me what to change or can you recompile it for me? (I dont know if there are sources included, writing from my wave)
Should I load whole kernel image from offset 0x0 under given addr and juat jump into first byte? Maybe can you explain steps what and where are you loading and executing when using JTAG, it probably all can and must be done through FOTA.

Thanks in advance.

Rebellos,
You don't need boot.bin (primary bootloader),
you need download only sbl.bin (secondary bootloader).
Ok,I'll rewrite the kernel to the next couple of days.

Thanks you too.
24th April 2011, 11:58 PM |#601  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:

Got only some questions:

Thanks in advance.

Hey Rebellos, I'm from Poznan and i have s8500 If you live somewhere near i think we could use my wave to test the kernel from oleg_k. And even if something will go wrong i have friend in samsung service wich can fix it via JTAG
The Following User Says Thank You to bartaspoz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bartaspoz Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
wave s8500 android
Previous Thread Next Thread