FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,607 Vote(s)
64.02%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

415 Vote(s)
16.53%
I don't know.

488 Vote(s)
19.44%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,927

Post Reply Email Thread
14th January 2017, 12:27 PM |#37491  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tys0n

Was it a 4-file firmware or single one?
Any way, my guess is that the firmware package contained a pit file for 16gb model which will then format the storage to 16gb. You'll probably have to find a 32gb pit and reflash with a firmware without pit inside, or find package for 32gb model.

Skickat från min SM-A310F

The first one (IRAN) version we used had 4 files. but cousin brother mentioned only AP was required, so for that i used only AP. that was when it started showing as 16gb. i still have those files.

The second one (SAUDI) version i used 2 hours ago was only 1 file and it flashed correctly without a problem (did not remove any programs, files or anything while iran version did remove all).

Thats the part where i get kind of confused. i only know about Sammobile and i used both files from there. i do not know where to find package for 32gb model as i am not used to these things. sorry if it came out very noobish hehe. If possible i was hoping someone could direct me to the correct page if there is one.

I was also wondering if i reflash the phone with IRAN version but with all the files activated in odin 3 3.12 this time, would that possibly fix the issue?

Thank you very much
14th January 2017, 12:38 PM |#37492  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalneo

There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:

NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML Code:
[URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][hide][IMG]https://img.xda-cdn.com/Z7Q8ZYrO1DZidF5YIk63BYqvkp4=/https%3A%2F%2Fdl.dropboxusercontent.com%2Fu%2F41066660%2FNewbie%2520Thread%2520Sign.gif[/IMG][/hide][/URL]

Sent from my ZTE V793 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalneo

There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:

NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML Code:
[URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][hide][IMG]https://img.xda-cdn.com/Z7Q8ZYrO1DZidF5YIk63BYqvkp4=/https%3A%2F%2Fdl.dropboxusercontent.com%2Fu%2F41066660%2FNewbie%2520Thread%2520Sign.gif[/IMG][/hide][/URL]

14th January 2017, 03:26 PM |#37493  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike93612

I put a Att sim card in my t mobile phone and it didn't ask for a unlock number, why is this.

Are you rooted? Custom ROMs don't ask for the unlock code and you have to do it yourself through the dialer. If you're on stock, it's odd that it didn't ask, but you have to do it through the dialer as well with #0111*CODE#. If that doesn't work, try #0133*CODE#.
14th January 2017, 04:14 PM |#37494  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Landshut (Ndb.)
Thanks Meter: 4,529

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwanzakariah5

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

What's that?
Please edit your post please and delete this huge quotations! Couldn't find a question either..

Sent from my OnePlus2 using XDA Labs
14th January 2017, 09:05 PM |#37495  
Flag Lucerne
Thanks Meter: 2,339

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shairaf

Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy s6 edge + which used to show 32gb until i decided to root my phone. and after a while i flashed rom stock and it shows 16gb as maximum storage.

Model Number = SM-G928C
Baseband Version =G928FXXU3BPI9
Build Number = MMB29K. G928CXXS3BPL3

I reflashed the rom stock again today (from Sammobile and using odin3 3.12 - Saudi Arabia version as for my model it only shows middle east ones (bought this phone from Madina)).

Although i flashed it with Iran and first and Saudi version again, it did not fix this issue.

I searched the forum about this issue and there was someone who posted in july 2016 with same issue. but sadly it did not have any reply.

Hoping someone can give some insight as 5gb to store photos/videos is nearly not enough :/

Thank you very much.
Let me know if i am missing any more information.

I really doubt your issue is related to the root itself, are you sure you haven't saved some really big files on the phone meanwhile?
To be honest I don't know how the Knox applications are behaving after root, so after it gets broken. I quitted buying Samsung devices when I noticed they want to implement it in all top models...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
14th January 2017, 09:39 PM |#37496  
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetakpatak

I really doubt your issue is related to the root itself, are you sure you haven't saved some really big files on the phone meanwhile?
To be honest I don't know how the Knox applications are behaving after root, so after it gets broken. I quitted buying Samsung devices when I noticed they want to implement it in all top models...

He already got the correct answer, his ROM that he flashed was for a 16GB device, when he flashed it on his 32GB device, it converted it to be 16GB based on the software flashed on it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
15th January 2017, 03:38 AM |#37497  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetakpatak

Hi, thank you for your response

The problem started happening after i unrooted my s6 edge plus by flashing an IRAN version which had 4 files. but we used only 1 file (AP one).

I checked my phone storage and it shows maximum storage as 16gb rather than 32gb which used to show before.

Things i have tried to do afterwards is using Saudi latest rom to flash the phone (did not work - fixed the VR issue of Network Error)

Tried Pakinstan rom with a PIT file provided by callumbr1 who is helping me through this in another thread. (sadly it was the same result)

Now trying his fix for Saudi (STC) file from Sammobile (sadly each try take few hours as it gives really slow speed for me).

Thank you for your time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

He already got the correct answer, his ROM that he flashed was for a 16GB device, when he flashed it on his 32GB device, it converted it to be 16GB based on the software flashed on it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thank you and indeed i got the correct answer now. but i have not been able to fix the issue by flashing different roms guided by other members. Right now i am attempting Saudi (STC) version for samsung galaxy s6 edge plus as callumbr1 mentioned.

If you also can give me any insight, that would be delightful

Thank you very much for your time.
15th January 2017, 08:30 AM |#37498  
Quote:
Originally Posted by shairaf

Hi, thank you for your response

The problem started happening after i unrooted my s6 edge plus by flashing an IRAN version which had 4 files. but we used only 1 file (AP one).

I checked my phone storage and it shows maximum storage as 16gb rather than 32gb which used to show before.

Things i have tried to do afterwards is using Saudi latest rom to flash the phone (did not work - fixed the VR issue of Network Error)

Tried Pakinstan rom with a PIT file provided by callumbr1 who is helping me through this in another thread. (sadly it was the same result)

Now trying his fix for Saudi (STC) file from Sammobile (sadly each try take few hours as it gives really slow speed for me).

Thank you for your time

Thank you and indeed i got the correct answer now. but i have not been able to fix the issue by flashing different roms guided by other members. Right now i am attempting Saudi (STC) version for samsung galaxy s6 edge plus as callumbr1 mentioned.

If you also can give me any insight, that would be delightful

Thank you very much for your time.

I still find it strange that it changed after flashing only AP package. The pit (as I recall it) is supposed to be inside the CSC-package on 4-file firmware.
Can you please take a look inside that AP tar and see if you find a pit?
Post the name of the pit.
15th January 2017, 01:00 PM |#37499  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tys0n

I still find it strange that it changed after flashing only AP package. The pit (as I recall it) is supposed to be inside the CSC-package on 4-file firmware.
Can you please take a look inside that AP tar and see if you find a pit?
Post the name of the pit.

Hei, thank you very much for the support you are providing

I got the issue fixed few hours ago by flashing a Saudi (STC) firmware from Sammobile and booting to recovery menu and wipe cache and factory resetting

Now it shows that i have full 32gb and usable 25gb.

Thank you once again for everyone that helped me
15th January 2017, 02:05 PM |#37500  
Thanks Meter: 103

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh00

still looking for help!!!

USB communications device class (or USB CDC) is a composite Universal Serial Bus device class. The class may include more than one interface, such as a custom control interface, data interface, audio, or mass storage related interfaces.

And for vcom drivers as far as i knw they are used my mtk devices for identification of usb ports in sp flash tools...correct me if am wrong...😉
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyanandroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cyanandroid Ad-Free
15th January 2017, 02:57 PM |#37501  
Flag OEB
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi guys.
Can anyone help me to make an android app that controls Scroll lock key on my computer's keyboard (i know that there's a lot of android apps for controlling keyboard but i want an app that controls only Scroll lock key) and thank you !
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)