FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

 View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.
 
1,607 Vote(s)
64.02%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.
 
415 Vote(s)
16.53%
I don't know.
 
488 Vote(s)
19.44%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,927
 
Post Reply Email Thread
15th September 2018, 07:26 AM |#41991  
Sniperboy1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 98
 
More
How to install K6 power rom on a K6 Note K53a48?
I am looking for the method of deleting first 2 lines of text but I don't know from where.
I am familiar with using K6 Power TWRP image.

Sent from my Lenovo K53a48 using XDA-Developers Pro
15th September 2018, 08:02 AM |#41992  
SubwayChamp's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 659
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperboy1

How to install K6 power rom on a K6 Note K53a48?
I am looking for the method of deleting first 2 lines of text but I don't know from where.
I am familiar with using K6 Power TWRP image.

Sent from my Lenovo K53a48 using XDA-Developers Pro

According to this thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/k6-...hread-t3682044 the K6/K6Power/K6Note are treated as one, if the roms are compatible for all these models and you are receiving an error from TWRP related to the model you have to delete the first or two lines where you find words like "This package is for....." "getprop(ro.product..........)" .

If you are not sure yet, upload a screenshot of the updater-script opened with Notepad++ and do a copy before to made a modification.
15th September 2018, 03:35 PM |#41993  
Quote:
Originally Posted by crussellp

Hello all,

I am interested in rooting and installing a custom ROM on the Chinesium phone I bought the other day and I am having a hard time getting started.

(Can't post a link to the phone but a Google search of E&L S60 should get you there)

Rooting seems to be specific to the model of the phone and processor type, and I am seeing nothing that coincides with my model number.

CPU: Arm64 - V8A
Model: S60 (full_kxd6753_65_s60)
Manufacturer: Alps
OS: Nougat (7.0)

Does anyone know how to go about figuring out
1st - How to Root this thing
2nd- What ROM to install

Do I just look for other phones with known Rooting techniques that closely match my hardware? I'm not adverse to bricking it, but I also don't want to just see what happens by trying something that has a high probability of bricking my phone either!

Any and all guidance and/or suggestions would be welcome!


THEN... I went off into the wild on my own without any guides... and bricked my phone.
I used the ROM for a Umi Iron Pro with the exact same specs... and BRICK.

I can still connect to the phone with a USB cable and my PC recognizes it. Just no boot.

Any pearls of wisdom?

Please?

Get a new device, but this time, if you want a device that can be rooted, research the devices you are looking at before you buy them to see if there is a known rooting method for it and/or if TWRP and custom ROMs are available for the device.

Also, the cheap, knock-off, Chinese devices are not usually supported by developers here, even the low-end and mid range devices the mainstream manufacturers don't get much support(for example, a low end Samsung device or mid range LG device) The more popular, mainstream brands and models are the ones that get support for rooting and ROMs, especially the flagship models such as the Galaxy S devices. With the Chinese devices, there aren't many options, even if you DO find a rooting method, root is about as far as it gets, no ROMs.

I don't know why everyone buys a cheap android device and then comes here looking for root and all the cool stuff when root and the cool stuff is focused on the more popular and mainstream devices. It's like buying the cheapest car available and then going to a shop that builds race cars thinking the shop is going to have something for your car when the stuff they build is for a car that your car could never compare to.



Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
15th September 2018, 05:24 PM |#41994  
Junior Member
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Bricked THL T100s
Hi!
I have a bricked THL T100s
I have TWRP for recovery 2.7.1.1
I tried flashing some old roms that I know work but while it was booting, the battery fell out
Now I found that my system, cache and data as well intstorage is not mounted and I have no OS and can't flash a new one too
I've tried repairing the partitions (from wipe) and switching from ext4 to ext2 and back to no avail

What steps can I take to try and fix this? Thank you
15th September 2018, 06:28 PM |#41995  
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneKimC

Hi!
I have a bricked THL T100s
I have TWRP for recovery 2.7.1.1
I tried flashing some old roms that I know work but while it was booting, the battery fell out
Now I found that my system, cache and data as well intstorage is not mounted and I have no OS and can't flash a new one too
I've tried repairing the partitions (from wipe) and switching from ext4 to ext2 and back to no avail

What steps can I take to try and fix this? Thank you

If you're saying that you flashed a ROM then rebooted the device then the battery fell out during first boot and now everything is gone, that doesn't sound right.

Disconnecting the battery during the flashing process is usually how your issue happens. I've pulled the battery during first boot after flashing a ROM or powered the device off during first boot many times and never caused.

Typically, when you flash a device, the data is written to the partitions during the flashing process, then during first boot, all it is doing is loading the system, your apps and rebuilding cache. The data "should" already be in their respective partitions. It should not have gotten erased during the interrupted boot.

Have tried booting to TWRP, then connecting to adb and using adb to mount the partitions then reflash the ROM and reboot?

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
16th September 2018, 04:22 AM |#41996  
Junior Member
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

If you're saying that you flashed a ROM then rebooted the device then the battery fell out during first boot and now everything is gone, that doesn't sound right.

Disconnecting the battery during the flashing process is usually how your issue happens. I've pulled the battery during first boot after flashing a ROM or powered the device off during first boot many times and never caused.

Typically, when you flash a device, the data is written to the partitions during the flashing process, then during first boot, all it is doing is loading the system, your apps and rebuilding cache. The data "should" already be in their respective partitions. It should not have gotten erased during the interrupted boot.

Have tried booting to TWRP, then connecting to adb and using adb to mount the partitions then reflash the ROM and reboot?

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Hi, thanks for responding.
The battery fell out when the android logo was loading on the screen if I remember correctly.
Sorry, I am not too familiar with adb, is this in the android studio? I found several articles that point me to sdk manager but links me to android studio.
16th September 2018, 04:30 AM |#41997  
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneKimC

Hi, thanks for responding.
The battery fell out when the android logo was loading on the screen if I remember correctly.
Sorry, I am not too familiar with adb, is this in the android studio? I found several articles that point me to sdk manager but links me to android studio.

Try searching for:

15 second adb/fastboot installer

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
16th September 2018, 06:47 AM |#41998  
Junior Member
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

Try searching for:

15 second adb/fastboot installer

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Ok, now that I have that installed
I have launched command prompt and tried this
and this is what came of it (see attached)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.PNG
Views:	40
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	4597262  
16th September 2018, 07:16 AM |#41999  
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneKimC

Ok, now that I have that installed
I have launched command prompt and tried this
and this is what came of it (see attached)

It might be better to just start over by flashing your stock firmware using MTK droidtool. Then do the process to unlock bootloader again and flash TWRP again then go from there trying to flash your ROMs.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
16th September 2018, 08:22 AM |#42000  
Junior Member
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

It might be better to just start over by flashing your stock firmware using MTK droidtool. Then do the process to unlock bootloader again and flash TWRP again then go from there trying to flash your ROMs.

How do I do that? I have the MTK droidtool right now and the stock firmware (how do I check for the phone's motherboard model?/build number too, so i know i've downloaded the right one)

Do I press "to process file ROM_ from FlashTool"?

I found a tutorial using SP flash tool, do you think this would work on my case?

I wouldn't mind not having custom roms, just have it working is good enough

Thank you
16th September 2018, 08:30 AM |#42001  
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneKimC

How do I do that? I have the MTK droidtool right now and the stock firmware (how do I check for the phone's motherboard model?/build number too, so i know i've downloaded the right one)

Do I press "to process file ROM_ from FlashTool"?

I found a tutorial using SP flash tool, do you think this would work on my case?

I wouldn't mind not having custom roms, just have it working is good enough

Thank you

Do a Google search for:

"Return to stock (your device model number)"

That should find a guide with the tools, files and instructions that you need, you just need to make sure you have the correct firmware, if there is more than one firmware available for your model number, find the correct one for your carrier/country/region and use that firmware when you follow the instructions.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes