FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,608 Vote(s)
64.01%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

416 Vote(s)
16.56%
I don't know.

488 Vote(s)
19.43%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,927

Post Reply Email Thread
22nd February 2019, 01:42 PM |#42991  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
No please.
These are unknown applications downloading self in my phone.
The unknown applications setting is turned off.
I have performed factory reset several times yet they come back after a day or two.
Thanks.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Further to my last explanation,the following applications secretly installed themselves in my phone in the last one hour: Toolbox, Touch light, Branch and Opera Mini.
These applications were removed by me earlier to day.
22nd February 2019, 02:06 PM |#42992  
Quote:
Originally Posted by DokFak15

No please.
These are unknown applications downloading self in my phone.
The unknown applications setting is turned off.
I have performed factory reset several times yet they come back after a day or two.
Thanks.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Further to my last explanation,the following applications secretly installed themselves in my phone in the last one hour: Toolbox, Touch light, Branch and Opera Mini.
These applications were removed by me earlier to day.

You installed some other app that has malware included in it and that malware is automatically installing the other apps.

You have to find the app that has the malware in it and uninstall that app to stop the other apps from installing.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
22nd February 2019, 02:44 PM |#42993  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks for your response.
Kindly tell me how to identify the application with the malware.
Thanks.
22nd February 2019, 03:48 PM |#42994  
Flag Sarajevo
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Whats up. So Ive been trying to format and use another partition of my sd card with link2sd but my problem is that every time I reformat another partiton of my card as ext2/3/4 the android shows card as damaged and only that partition until I reformat back to fat32. Why is my phone not recognizing ext data file and Im using AParted btw. ALSO tried app2sd but it asked me to mount the 2nd partition and going further on the next screen it showed up some kind of error and card was "damaged". Should I try another kernel on my phone ?

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Quote:

Thanks.

Try Malwarebytes from Google Play.

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Quote:

Thanks.

Try Malwarebytes from Google Play.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to YiNiX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift YiNiX Ad-Free
22nd February 2019, 06:03 PM |#42995  
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,552

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbenj

I've been using Tasker to play around with some hidden settings on my phone (a Nokia 5)...

I don't have a Nokia device myself but, I've seen this question being asked by other Nokia owners.

Some state that the Ambient Display Setting(s) are located within the System UI Tuner as reflected by the following example image.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1550858568623.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	4710516

Though, unfortunately, there's some that state the only resolution was to perform a factory reset/wipe using either safe mode and/or recovery mode.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Enigma Machine {aenigma = Latin for "Riddle"}.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
22nd February 2019, 10:58 PM |#42996  
Quote:

Thanks.

Try to remember what you have recently installed, one of the last things that you installed yourself is causing this, use trial and error by uninstalling one of the last few apps that you installed, if the other apps are still auto-installing then you know the app that you uninstalled wasn't the one causing this, reinstall that app then try uninstalling one of the other apps that you installed. Repeat this process of uninstalling apps and seeing if it stops the auto-installing apps, if it doesn't stop, reinstall the last that app that you uninstalled and repeat the process with a different app, once you get to where the auto-installing apps are no longer being installed then you know that the last app that you uninstalled was the problem app.

Or, you can use the Malewarebytes app or any other app that scans for malware, If it finds anything, uninstall whatever it shows as malware.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
23rd February 2019, 09:28 AM |#42997  
How to manually update the apk's on S7 Android 8?
23rd February 2019, 11:25 AM |#42998  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bhilai, India
Thanks Meter: 2,250

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuganight

How to manually update the apk's on S7 Android 8?

You can download the apk's from apkmirror and install manually.
23rd February 2019, 11:58 AM |#42999  
Thanks Meter: 9,352

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YiNiX

Whats up. So Ive been trying to format and use another partition of my sd card with link2sd but my problem is that every time I reformat another partiton of my card as ext2/3/4 the android shows card as damaged and only that partition until I reformat back to fat32. Why is my phone not recognizing ext data file and Im using AParted btw. ALSO tried app2sd but it asked me to mount the 2nd partition and going further on the next screen it showed up some kind of error and card was "damaged". Should I try another kernel on my phone ?

Faced the same issue on various devices. Resorted to partitioning/formating card with a Windows app. Free version of Partition Magic works a treat.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DB126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DB126 Ad-Free
23rd February 2019, 01:08 PM |#43000  
Flag Sarajevo
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

Faced the same issue on various devices. Resorted to partitioning/formating card with a Windows app. Free version of Partition Magic works a treat.

Ah, well it looks like I will have to take sd card reader once again. I borrowed it from a friend but I gave it back, very well, thanks for the info man, cheers.
23rd February 2019, 06:32 PM |#43001  
So I've had an Amazon fire 7 for a few years, which I unlocked last night. I made a mention or two here and around about a selinux booleans called device_unlocked in /sys/fs/selinux/booleans.

By default, it is set to 'off'

Code:
su
getsebool -a
device_unlocked --> off
Well I took a look at it again after I unlocked it, and guess what. Now it says 'on'. Now we can set that as root, but it won't persist on a reboot. I wrote a small script to go in su.d to set the bool to 'on' after booting, on my Amazon Fire HD 10, but that's just like setting the selinux switch to run at boot.

So the bool is definitely tied into the the device actually being bootloader unlocked. It's also written in the selinux policy. I would love to hear what anyone thinks of this, even if it's crazy.

Sent from my Amazon KFSUWI using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)