By sbrissen, Inactive Recognized Developer on 12th November 2013, 06:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th December 2013, 08:23 PM |#781  
Flag Seminole, FL
Thanks Meter: 386

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgyberg

Got rid of my browser and Google Services is still on top of the battery stats by a long shot.

Are you on a fresh flash?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

11th December 2013, 08:26 PM |#782  
Thanks Meter: 264

Donate to Me
More
The nightly update is running great so far... I love how quickly this got off the ground.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to king.james For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift king.james Ad-Free
11th December 2013, 09:45 PM |#783  
Thanks Meter: 228

More
Where did you find the nightly?

Sent from my VZW GALAXY note 2
11th December 2013, 09:49 PM |#784  
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofevil77

Where did you find the nightly?

http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=i605
The Following User Says Thank You to bigmike35 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigmike35 Ad-Free
11th December 2013, 10:14 PM |#785  
Flag Mpls, MN
Thanks Meter: 312

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike35

Do you have location on? I know they bundled it all up, it could not be consider google services but I know that caused a big battery drain for awhile and now they are all combined. Also, I noticed when I left notifications on in google now it would cause a higher battery drain, so its off until I use a reminder which is really rare. You can try turning off location, maybe wipe cache and dalvik, but other then that I don't really no besides try a fresh/clean install

I dont have Google now turned on but I do have location as I need that for the SiriusXM app. It yells at me if I turn it off! I'll kill location for the rest of today and see if that is it. Otherwise fresh flash it is!
11th December 2013, 10:25 PM |#786  
Thanks Meter: 957

More
Quote:

I dont have Google now turned on but I do have location as I need that for the SiriusXM app. It yells at me if I turn it off! I'll kill location for the rest of today and see if that is it. Otherwise fresh flash it is!

Turn off browser sync in Google account.
11th December 2013, 10:30 PM |#787  
Flag Mpls, MN

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamFX

Turn off browser sync in Google account.

I've had that off all along and today I deleted the browser all together!
11th December 2013, 10:48 PM |#788  
Flag Seminole, FL
Thanks Meter: 386

More
Quote:

Fresh flashing is like rebooting a PC when it is acting funny. It's the first thing I do when I encounter issues.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
11th December 2013, 11:32 PM |#789  
Thanks Meter: 228

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike35

http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=i605

Are you running the built in kernel? I use Plasma for sound and screen and I guess plasma isn't working with 4.4 yet.

11th December 2013, 11:41 PM |#790  
Flag Mpls, MN

More
Turned off location and Google Services is now at the bottom of the battery stats.
11th December 2013, 11:42 PM |#791  
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofevil77

Are you running the built in kernel? I use Plasma for sound and screen and I guess plasma isn't working with 4.4 yet.

Yea running stock kernel as of now, Plasma ran on 4.4 but since the recent 4.4.1 merge, it sent me in a boot loop, Im sure he will update it soon enough.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Quote:

Turned off location and Google Services is now at the bottom of the battery stats.

Location is a bia bia lol! Try leaving it in device mode only, GPS will only activate when needed from apps, maybe use less battery that way then the other options. What were you using, high accuracy or battery savings?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)