HTC Desire V / T328W / WIND - Taiwan ROM (NOT FOR HTC DESIRE)

Search This thread

hk300

Aug 18, 2006
Huawei Mate 30 Pro
I figured out how to flash the Taiwanese ROM. The guys on taiwanese forum mobile01 has found the method. it involves using a pseudo RUU type of flashing for the mainland domestic ROM, and replacing the SYSTEM and BOOT img with taiwanese ROM and repeat the pseudo flashing process.

Do you have the european firmware? and do u have an alternative and perhaps easier way of flashing? PM me the link if you dont mind.

can you email /pm me the taiwan link?

Does it work after the OTA ?

sergioi

Jul 12, 2006
São Paulo
Since I haven't found a Desire V forum I am posting here, sorry to interrupt. I want to buy this Desire V, I found a seller in Aliexpress website: http://www.aliexpress.com/product-f...al-SIM-With-GPS-5MP-WIFI-4-0-wholesalers.html

The pictures doesn't show the HTC logo, but the seller says it is 100% original HTC Desire V t328w.

What do you think guys? Should I trust? This could be this chinese version without the play store? Even without Play Store I still can install programs?

kingcedz

Feb 16, 2010
http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=566&t=2799002&p=8

this is the reference in the taiwanese website, the phone needs unlock and root, i don't see any reason why it shouldn't work after OTA but u need to root it first.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

RUU_PRIMO_DS_ICS_40A_HTC_Europe_1.59.401.1_Radio_1.05.34D.25_20.20.30.22U_release_263747_signed.exe

docs.google.com/open?id=0B5l6hlK799AFMFdma0xKRXNrYlU

you can download here

I already flashed it to my chinese phone

how did u manage to flash the European RUU on the chinese phone? the method i used to flash the taiwanese ROM is to replace the system and boot image file in a chinese custom ROM with the one in the taiwanese ROM, which means the radio won't really match.

the European ROM in ur link is 1.05.34D.25_20.11.30.11U, my Radio version is 1.04.34D.11_20.11.30.11U. the radio in ur ROM could be more compatible, but i dont know how to update the radio.

any ideas?

Last edited:
Reactions: sapiensjoker

YSB

Nov 16, 2009
Nizhniy Novgorod
Since I haven't found a Desire V forum I am posting here, sorry to interrupt. I want to buy this Desire V, I found a seller in Aliexpress website: http://www.aliexpress.com/product-f...al-SIM-With-GPS-5MP-WIFI-4-0-wholesalers.html

The pictures doesn't show the HTC logo, but the seller says it is 100% original HTC Desire V t328w.

What do you think guys? Should I trust? This could be this chinese version without the play store? Even without Play Store I still can install programs?
Visit this website It is original Chinese HTC

SeBsZ

Apr 17, 2011
Please, if someone could explain the steps to install the European or Taiwan ROM on a Chinese T328W, that would be really highly appreciated by many.

Thanks in advance!

kingcedz

Feb 16, 2010
Please, if someone could explain the steps to install the European or Taiwan ROM on a Chinese T328W, that would be really highly appreciated by many.

Thanks in advance!

will write a quick one after i figure out how to get the bloody radio upgraded to the correct version.

koyfee

Jun 21, 2012
Beijing
It's not for htc t328w

this is the reference in the taiwanese website, the phone needs unlock and root, i don't see any reason why it shouldn't work after OTA but u need to root it first.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

how did u manage to flash the European RUU on the chinese phone? the method i used to flash the taiwanese ROM is to replace the system and boot image file in a chinese custom ROM with the one in the taiwanese ROM, which means the radio won't really match.

the European ROM in ur link is 1.05.34D.25_20.11.30.11U, my Radio version is 1.04.34D.11_20.11.30.11U. the radio in ur ROM could be more compatible, but i dont know how to update the radio.

any ideas?

I think it's not possible to flash an European ROM for HTC one v to a HTC T328w. You can google the file name "RUU_PRIMO_DS_ICS_40A_HTC_Europe_1.59.401.1_Radio_1 .05.34D.25_20.20.30.22U_release_263747_signed". It seems the ROM is for HTC ONE V.

Last edited:

Falseclock

Jun 30, 2012
Almaty
I think it's not possible to flash an European ROM for HTC one v to a HTC T328w. You can google the file name "RUU_PRIMO_DS_ICS_40A_HTC_Europe_1.59.401.1_Radio_1 .05.34D.25_20.20.30.22U_release_263747_signed". It seems the ROM is for HTC ONE V.

possible. it is rom for t328w

I already flashed. let me make 10 posts and i will post instruction how to load it on chinese version

Falseclock

Jun 30, 2012
Almaty

Thanks in advance!

how i did it: unpacked rom, made modification to system files, through CWM recovery copied to system partition and flashed original kernel.

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Then start up and try to show us! :) I have T328w too! :)

Unfortunately can't.

I have to make 10 posts to be able post links )))

Falseclock

Jun 30, 2012
Almaty
Source rom: RUU_PRIMO_DS_ICS_40A_HTC_Europe_1.59.401.1_Radio_1.05.34D.25_20.20.30.22U_release_263747_signed.exe

1. Unblock bootloader officially

2. Flash CMW recovery by command: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Download: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5l6hlK799AFVEJXNEVoY3d4WG8

3. Download rom. https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5l6hlK799AFSVB2bUwyaUZUVEE

4. Unpack zip and place on your SD card to the directory \clockworkmod\backup\
You should get path: clockworkmod\backup\Russian-1.59.401.1\
and list of files:
boot.img
cache.ext4.tar
data.ext4.tar
nandroid.md5
recovery.img
system.ext4.tar

5. Boot to recovery

6. Choose Backup/Restore

7. Choose Restore

8. Point out my backup and start restoring

9. Reboot to fastboot and flash original kernel fastboot flash boot boot_signed.img
Download: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5l6hlK799AFZjQxSWNpai12MUE

10. Turn on mobile, pass wizard and make restore to factory defaulst. (SD will be cleaned!)

Firmware, is clean, without root, not deodexed, without mods or enything else.

Enjoy!!!

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

By the way, this will not flash radio cause you have S-OFF, and do not forget to make backup if you have something important on your phone, before doing something, cause all user data will be cleared.

Last edited:

dark_hawk

May 31, 2004
Will try Falseclock's method and report back.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Why do a factory reset from inside the phone. You can wipe data factory reset from CWM?

Falseclock

Jun 30, 2012
Almaty
Why do a factory reset from inside the phone. You can wipe data factory reset from CWM?

just in case to have clearly installed rom ))) just in case...

flash original kernel after restoring from backup is mandatory, otherwise no WiFi and bluetooth

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

Will try Falseclock's method and report back.

Would be great! I already posted this instruction on Russian board and it was successful for everyone

Link: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=346373&view=findpost&p=14073077

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

If someone knows where to read principles of S-OFF by Revolutionary or will found news HTC One X/S/V can be made S-OFF, please point out me by PM, i will try to make mapping for HTC Desire V, seems NAND security implementation is the same.

dark_hawk

May 31, 2004
It's working. Updates rom to the New European version, and I have to say, it Looks much cleaner. Old root method not working. You'll have to flash CWM-SuperSU-v0.89.zip through recovery and you're rooted. Also I tried with wiping data and factory reset from Reocovery and it's working fine.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Been looking around for the S-Off solution for a while myself. There is no S-Off yet for the One family. Someone mentioned that a Chinese guy made it and selling it on taobao or something, Don't really know.

I'll try making a battery mod for the new rom and post it tonight.

cicerino

Jul 4, 2012
Grazie

source rom: Ruu_primo_ds_ics_40a_htc_europe_1.59.401.1_radio_1.05.34d.25_20.20.30.22u_release_263747_signed.exe

2. Flash cmw recovery by command: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
download: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0b5l6hlk799afvejxnevoy3d4wg8

3. Download rom. https://docs.google.com/open?id=0b5l6hlk799afsvb2buwyauzuvee

4. Unpack zip and place on your sd card to the directory \clockworkmod\backup\
you should get path: clockworkmod\backup\russian-1.59.401.1\
and list of files:
boot.img
cache.ext4.tar
data.ext4.tar
nandroid.md5
recovery.img
system.ext4.tar

5. Boot to recovery

6. Choose backup/restore

7. Choose restore

9. Reboot to fastboot and flash original kernel fastboot flash boot boot_signed.img
download: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0b5l6hlk799afzjqxswnpai12mue

10. Turn on mobile, pass wizard and make restore to factory defaulst. (sd will be cleaned!)

firmware, is clean, without root, not deodexed, without mods or enything else.

Enjoy!!!

---------- post added at 12:16 am ---------- previous post was at 12:03 am ----------

by the way, this will not flash radio cause you have s-off, and do not forget to make backup if you have something important on your phone, before doing something, cause all user data will be cleared.

grazie!!!!! Saluti

kingcedz

Feb 16, 2010
just posted the method I used to install Taiwanese ROM
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=28294532#post28294532

some of the files are still uploading, so I will be updating that thread when its done.
Update: download links should work now

This is a different approach compared with falseclock's method. It's involves slightly more steps, but should work on both Taiwanese, European, or any other version or regional release in general.

as falseclock mentioned, radio will not be flashed due to S-ON. This is the same case here. I guess in a way it is safer as tempering with radio across region is always dangerous.

I would recommend flashing the Taiwanese or European version after OTA from chinese ROM first. the OTA offers significantly improvement of radio performance, and the only way to easily upgrade radio with S-ON is OTA from stock.

I will write another guide for the general factory reset steps at later stage.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Also guys,
I think we should all send in request for Desire V to be setup as a seperate Forum.
I ve already sent one here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1660354&page=118

The Desire Forum is been flooded with quite a few Desire V related post, I think it makes sense to have it as a seperate Forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: dark_hawk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Source rom: RUU_PRIMO_DS_ICS_40A_HTC_Europe_1.59.401.1_Radio_1.05.34D.25_20.20.30.22U_release_263747_signed.exe

2. Flash CMW recovery by command: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    Download: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5l6hlK799AFVEJXNEVoY3d4WG8

3. Download rom. https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5l6hlK799AFSVB2bUwyaUZUVEE

4. Unpack zip and place on your SD card to the directory \clockworkmod\backup\
    You should get path: clockworkmod\backup\Russian-1.59.401.1\
    and list of files:
    boot.img
    cache.ext4.tar
    data.ext4.tar
    nandroid.md5
    recovery.img
    system.ext4.tar

5. Boot to recovery

6. Choose Backup/Restore

7. Choose Restore

Download: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5l6hlK799AFZjQxSWNpai12MUE

10. Turn on mobile, pass wizard and make restore to factory defaulst. (SD will be cleaned!)

Firmware, is clean, without root, not deodexed, without mods or enything else.

Enjoy!!!

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

By the way, this will not flash radio cause you have S-OFF, and do not forget to make backup if you have something important on your phone, before doing something, cause all user data will be cleared.
    HTC Desire V (T328w) Taiwan version of the original package PRIMO DS ICS 40A hTC Asia TW 1.59.709.3

PL11IMG_PRIMO_DS_ICS_40A_hTC_Asia_TW_1.59.709.3_Radio_1.05.34D.29_20.21.30.23U_release_264969_signed.zip

The HTC Desire V (T328w) the original package card flash Tutorial
    1, copy the attachment to the sdcard root directory
    2, rename "PL11IMG.zip the
    3, restart phone enter HBOOT mode
    4, the phone automatically searches for "PL11IMG.zip Brush package, press the volume" + "key to confirm flash

Original Thread
    bbs.zhangku.com/thread-103678-1-1.html
    This is not for Desire.

Seeing as you happen to be a senior member, is there any way you can influence the creation of a "Desire V / T328W / HTC Wind" forum on xda-developers? Any help will be GREATLY appreciated! There are at least five threads (incorrectly placed) in various sections of xda and it'd be nice if we got our own section to help people stop posting in the wrong place :)
    Agree that there should be a separate section in the forum for HTC Desire V (T328w) to reduce the confusion. This featured dual SIM smartphone is gaining attention in China & Taiwan markets and part of Europe through resell activities as well.

The obviously drawback of the China version is that shipped without Google Services like Play Store. Taiwan version are owners looking forward find. By refer the content from Chinese character forum, more owner can enjoy the test of alternative ROM available. With past experience with experts in xda-developers forum, there must be more ROM optimization and development with Desire V.
    I already tried to flash this RUU update:

I bought my phone in China, because it does not come with google play and some of the apps (Gmail, Line, etc..) won't install on the phone, I am really looking forward to flash my phone.
    My phone was S-off and re-locked (I unlocked it and re-locked it);
    and you actually need to have the phone locked in order to flash this RUU, however, I was unable to flash it due to CID not matching warning.

Highly recommend a separate forum for Desire V, as it's gaining popularity, it's quite confusing trying to find posts related to Desire V.