[GUIDE] Convert a Nokia 6 Global variant to China variant or vice versa

Search This thread

Akilesh_15

Dec 6, 2016
Nothing Phone 1
Code:
 /* 
* Your data will be lost! Backup before doing this.
* You'll still get OTA updates.
*/

Prerequisites

Step 1:
Copy the December OTA to your SDcard or PC.
Once you have taken a backup of your data, reboot to recovery. If you have the December OTA in your SDcard, select "Apply update from SD card" and select the file. Else if you have it your PC, select "Install update from ADB" and use "adb sideload <filename>" to flash it. The installation will fail. Reboot once. Now your bootloader will be downgraded to Nougat.

Step 2:
Extract D1C-562F-0-00CN-B01_Exploit.7z.

Step 3:
Extract OST LA properly. In the extracted folder right click on setup.bat, run it with administrator privileges. After the procedures are completed, open "OST 604 FIH Mobile" in the start menu. Connect your phone to PC and select "Reboot to bootloader" from recovery. Load the .mlf file from D1C-562F-0-00CN-B01_Exploit folder. Uncheck "Check System AP Status" and click next. You'll get a warning that the software versions don't match. Click OK and continue. OST will prompt you to erase data, accept that too. The OST will now flash the software. Wait for it to complete.

Step 4:
Once it is complete, the phone will reboot. Complete the initial setup. Congrats! You have successfully converted your Nokia 6 into a China variant. You can install the Google Play store apk from here.

Some cool features you'll be getting:
Code:
[LIST]
[*]Long Screenshot
[*]Screen recording
[*]Smart alert
[*]Double tap status bar to sleep
[*]Direct call and answer
[*]One hand mode
[*]Network speed indicator
[*]and more ...
[/LIST]

To revert back to global, you can flash TA1021_PLE-558B-0-00WW-B01.7z

Credits: @hikari_calyx

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-09-03-18-59-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-09-03-18-59-21.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 1,575
  • Screenshot_2018-09-03-18-59-46.png
    Screenshot_2018-09-03-18-59-46.png
    123.4 KB · Views: 1,591
  • Screenshot_2018-09-03-19-02-37.png
    Screenshot_2018-09-03-19-02-37.png
    233.6 KB · Views: 1,565
  • Screenshot_2018-09-04-12-50-35.png
    Screenshot_2018-09-04-12-50-35.png
    88.9 KB · Views: 1,501
Last edited:
Reactions: aymendroid

hikari_calyx

Sorry for ftm file missing.
I'm reuploading D1C-562C and D1C-562D (September 2018) firmwares.

Speaking of that, I've replaced the bootloader to older version to create following exploits:
- dm-verity command for flashing recovery and phone easily
- qualcomm EDL mode access possible
- accept bootloader unlock key

Akilesh_15

Dec 6, 2016
Nothing Phone 1
Sorry for ftm file missing.
I'm reuploading D1C-562C and D1C-562D (September 2018) firmwares.

Speaking of that, I've replaced the bootloader to older version to create following exploits:
- dm-verity command for flashing recovery and phone easily
- qualcomm EDL mode access possible
- accept bootloader unlock key

:good:

FTM file is not a big deal. It's just a matter of copy-pasting it to the extracted folder :eek:
Continue uploading new firmwares!

Fakkurai

Feb 25, 2015
i do not recommend you guys do this, the chinese version doesn't have google location services and instead uses some chinese location provider which doesn't work with google location history and apps like google fit

KeemoLV

Aug 21, 2018
No SIM card

Flashed this on my TA-1021. Still no SIM card detected on neither of slots. Problem started after flashing the "homebrew" Oreo firmware. Can anyone help please?

sergio920

Oct 1, 2018
i do not recommend you guys do this, the chinese version doesn't have google location services and instead uses some chinese location provider which doesn't work with google location history and apps like google fit
Rlly? which nokia 6 model were you using when you did it? I was thinking to do this on my nokia 6 TA 1039... :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Code:
[LIST]
[*]Long Screenshot
[*]Screen recording
[*]Smart alert
[*]One hand mode
[*]and more ...
[/LIST]

Does this Chinese version allow miracast screen mirroring?

tvi_vladutz

Aug 30, 2017
Bucharest
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max
Help! It's broken... Is stuck at Powered by Android....
Error 7
Error in /sideload/... something...
I have acces to Recovery but i'm noob in phone recovering,I'm into pc's
Sorry for double post.
I really need some help.

Update: I resolved, now i have TA-1025 instead TA-1000, I hope things will be better now, thank you for help.
Update2: I've lost some of the features like the design itself, call recording, screen recording, doube tap to lock but the main problem from CN is fixed, I can use both sim's.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
     /* 
    * Your data will be lost! Backup before doing this.
    * You'll still get OTA updates.
    */

Prerequisites

Step 1:
    Copy the December OTA to your SDcard or PC.
    Once you have taken a backup of your data, reboot to recovery. If you have the December OTA in your SDcard, select "Apply update from SD card" and select the file. Else if you have it your PC, select "Install update from ADB" and use "adb sideload <filename>" to flash it. The installation will fail. Reboot once. Now your bootloader will be downgraded to Nougat.

Step 2:
    Extract D1C-562F-0-00CN-B01_Exploit.7z.

Step 3:
    Extract OST LA properly. In the extracted folder right click on setup.bat, run it with administrator privileges. After the procedures are completed, open "OST 604 FIH Mobile" in the start menu. Connect your phone to PC and select "Reboot to bootloader" from recovery. Load the .mlf file from D1C-562F-0-00CN-B01_Exploit folder. Uncheck "Check System AP Status" and click next. You'll get a warning that the software versions don't match. Click OK and continue. OST will prompt you to erase data, accept that too. The OST will now flash the software. Wait for it to complete.

Step 4:
    Once it is complete, the phone will reboot. Complete the initial setup. Congrats! You have successfully converted your Nokia 6 into a China variant. You can install the Google Play store apk from here.

Code:
    [LIST]
    [*]Long Screenshot
    [*]Screen recording
    [*]Smart alert
    [*]One hand mode
    [*]and more ...
    [/LIST]

To revert back to global, you can flash TA1021_PLE-558B-0-00WW-B01.7z

Credits: @hikari_calyx
    Can we convert nokia 6 china to golbal and have NFC working?
    I can convert my Chinese version to global variant?

Yes. Download TA1021_PLE-558B-0-00WW-B01.7z from here. Rest of the process is the same.
    Ok, thank you, I'll try, in case of anything happens, I can rollback that?

Yes, you can switch between CN and WW easily.