[ROM][4.4.4][AOSP][{Un,}Official] CM11.0 (KitKat)

Search This thread

rruleford

Feb 26, 2011
May be these words will become true in the future builds, but now, on the 13.12. Nightly,the device is very "gluttonous", even in Airplane mode. Over one night 10% of charge was gone while with 10.2 it's 1-2%

Yea I even switched to it to see if it was true. Well not on this build at least but Meh hopefully in the future.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk

rruleford

Feb 26, 2011
Just out of curiosity is this ROM built with the linaro toolchain? If no can it be done? I have a feeling it'll be even more snappier with linaro and ART

stargo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 7, 2011
Fürth
I have done this in the past and it never went into idlemode. I'll try again since it still seems to kill battery real quick. Report back soon

Any chance you can find out, which wakelock is keeping the system busy? It's probably a kernel-wakelock...

Wakelock detector can tell you, if you switch on advanced mode. If it is "st_wakelock", try toggling bluetooth on/off and/or getting a gps-fix.

rruleford

Feb 26, 2011
Any chance you can find out, which wakelock is keeping the system busy? It's probably a kernel-wakelock...

Wakelock detector can tell you, if you switch on advanced mode. If it is "st_wakelock", try toggling bluetooth on/off and/or getting a gps-fix.

I took some screenshots for you as I figured u know better what your looking for. These are the kernel wakelocks

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

I took some screenshots for you as I figured u know better what your looking for. These are the kernel wakelocks

Sorry. For some reason it didn't upload them. It says main, power manager.disp, rxwake and power management services.wake lock are the ones constantly on

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

I don't know how to use this app. Can you explain to me where I can see "IdleMode"?
Idlemode I believe is "deep sleep" mode

sergsinger

May 19, 2012

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-15-22-13-18.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-15-22-13-18.png
    74.2 KB · Views: 109

rruleford

Feb 26, 2011
What shall I do to solve this problem?

As a user not much just wait til stargo has a look at the wake lock info and maybe he can come up with something. He is the brains behind this mad creation. In the meantime try to conserve battery by turning off GPS and data connection until you need to use and turn down screen brightness. If its murdering your battery still its a possibility of hardware issue with the battery. Meh... Cells die. I did see we now have an extended battery finally sooooo think I'll make that switch.

daniel_m

Oct 7, 2012
I thought I should mention this; I was able to get the SD swap working fine by doing it via the following edit in the init.mapphone (prebuild):
Code:
    export EXTERNAL_STORAGE /storage/sdcard1
    export SECONDARY_STORAGE /storage/sdcard0

Editing the storage_list.xml is definitely a bad idea, non-stop FC's.

Where can I find this file? On CM10.2, I found two files (init.mapphone_cdma.rc and init.mapphone_umts.rc) directly in root. But after editing them and re-booting, they got re-set and therefore didn't switch sdcard0 and sdcard1. Will CM11 not re-set these files?

rruleford

Feb 26, 2011
that's weird did it just start with this 12/15 build cause im running 12/14 and deep sleep is 81.4% and I only lost 1% battery overnight

edit: also running in art mode
Hmmmm well I checked mine after installing the update so it probably didn't have opportunity to deep sleep. I'll check back with cpuspy tonight and before I install tomorrow's update and see how it looks. Recently I've noticed with ART that battery is lasting quite a bit longer.

stargo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 7, 2011
Fürth
Sorry. For some reason it didn't upload them. It says main, power manager.disp, rxwake and power management services.wake lock are the ones constantly on

Hmm, it seems the display was always on? The way I always check is to switch the screen off for some minutes and then check back. But directly after a reboot you get the media-scanner running, so this will screw your results also.

If you get "rxwake" as a wakelock, this means that there is much broad- and/or multicast-traffic on your wireless network. I get that when connecting to the universities WiFi (eduroam) where every device seems to send broadcast and IPv6 nd doesn't help, too. There isn't sadly much you can do agains rxwake (short of implementing the hw-filter-functions in the wlan-driver).

What shall I do to solve this problem?

Please also have a look at which wakelock is responsible for your device not entering deep sleep (after maybe half an hour with the screen off).

Hmmmm well I checked mine after installing the update so it probably didn't have opportunity to deep sleep. I'll check back with cpuspy tonight and before I install tomorrow's update and see how it looks. Recently I've noticed with ART that battery is lasting quite a bit longer.

I'm not sure how good ART is with regard to battery performance. But be warned: It's still in early development and there might be bad bugs, CM upstream even considered removing the switch from developer options...

Reactions: xantanion

lucize

Aug 1, 2012
I have problems with deep sleep too (85% awake) Google Play doing a lot of wakelocks, but is not a clean install.
Also if I enable ipv6 advertising on the router, the android os will do nonstop traffic, like 7-8 Gb/day and dmesg is full of:

<7>[11435.775512,0] p2p0: GOT RA with prefix : rlft 0, vlft 921600,plft 230400, period 0
<7>[11435.775726,0] p2p0: GOT RA with prefix : rlft 0, vlft 921600,plft 230400, period 0
<7>[11435.775878,0] wlan0: GOT RA with prefix : rlft 0, vlft 921600,plft 230400, period 0
<7>[11435.776062,0] wlan0: GOT RA with prefix : rlft 0, vlft 921600,plft 230400, period 0
<7>[11435.780059,0] p2p0: RS timer expired.
<7>[11435.780334,0] p2p0: RS timer expired.
<7>[11435.780487,0] wlan0: RS timer expired.
<7>[11435.780731,0] wlan0: RS timer expired.

but I have the same problem on the moto stock version, so I think that something else is the problem (and 100% awake)

huckky

Nov 7, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I have a weird problem. Actually i noticed it today, dunno when it begun.
On Wifi, whatsapp and other chat/messaging apps seem connected to internet but i receive no messages.
Also when i look into wifi settings it shows my mac address unavailable.

When i switch to 3g/edge everything works fine...

Any suggestions?

20131213 + pa gapps mini

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM11.0 (KitKat) unofficial builds for the Droid 4

I'm now pushing my changes directly to CM, so nearly everyone can just use the official nightlies (except if you are still using BMM).

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     * Collectively, and at the same time.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

These are WIP builds of porting CM11.0 to the Droid 4 (and probably also other devices using the same device/motorola/omap4-common-infrastructure). They probably won't work, so don't expect too much. Use on your own risk!

Builds:
    Final official build (XNG3C):
    http://download.cyanogenmod.org/ maserati spyder targa umts_spyder

Current manual builds:
    http://droid.cs.fau.de/cm-11.0/unofficial/

Official builds (for everyone not using BMM):
    http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=maserati

Obsolete automatic nightly builds:
    http://droid.cs.fau.de/cm-11.0/maserati/

Obsolete old/manual builds:
    http://bork.cs.fau.de/~michael/d4/cm11/

Changes:
    • 2016-01-04:
    • 2015-11-15:
    • 2015-09-01:
    • 2015-06-26:
    • 2015-05-22:
    • 2015-04-26:
    • 2015-04-12:
    • 2015-04-05:
    • 2015-03-29:
    • 2015-03-2{7,8}:
    • 2014-02-21:
      • Switch to CM kernel, all relevant kernel-patches are now upstream
      • Added fixes for audio, usb and modem
    • 2014-02-18:
      • Add wakelocks to ALS/proximity-sensor to prevent I2C-stalls
    • 2014-02-04:
      • Enable camera-sensor calibration
    • 2014-01-26:
      • Fix permissions for sdcard0, fixes apps on sd-card
    • 2014-01-25:
      • Increased suspend-delay in USB-host, next try to fix the suspend_wakelock
    • 2014-01-24:
      • Re-add MDM6600 reset on boot, might fix signal-loss issues. Users with a SIM PIN get a PIN-dialog after flashing the GSM patch.
    • 2014-01-22:
      • Fixed wireless driver writing to foreign kernel memory
    • 2014-01-21:
      • Fixed permissions of the DRM device-files, enable playback of secure content
    • 2014-01-19:
      • Apply omapzoom-fix for the st_wake_lock and remove my hack. This improves powersaving on some devices, where UART4 would not get disabled
    • 2014-01-17:
      • Reverted a motorola-workaround for an USB bug as the upstream omapzoom-fix is already applied and seems to be more correct. Probably fixes suspend_backoff wakelock
      • Completely switch back to ti wpa_supplicant
      • Fix permissions of battd-files, now battd can even read and write its calibration information
    • 2014-01-16:
      • Added a possible fix for the display not always waking up
    • 2014-01-13:
      • More camera fixes. HD recording (and the camera itself) should be stable now.
    • 2014-01-11:
      • Updated domx and kernel rpmsg-interface. This fixed many camera problems (hangs/mediaserver crashes). Additionally it makes focal usable now
    • 2014-01-10:
      • Enabled HD video recording. If the camera app crashes after taking a video, just reopen it (sometimes twice), this will be fixed in a future update.
    • 2014-01-06:
      • Enabled KSM
    • 2014-01-02:
      • More fixes for USB-problems (suspend related)
    • 2013-12-30:
      • Merge upstream changes (enables BLE)
    • 2013-12-25:
      • More camera tweaks
    • 2013-12-24:
      • Workaround for CM now depending on QCOM camera and crashing with everything else
      • Emit set_perms in updater-script again
      • Don't mount / as ro, fixes sd-cards again
    • 2013-12-23:
      • More fixes for USB-erratas
      • 5s timeout for the st_wake_lock
    • 2013-12-22:
      • Cherry-picked fixes for USB-erratas on omap4430 (suspend/resume)
    • 2013-12-18:
      • set_perms-hack removed
    • 2013-12-17:
      • Don't hold st_wakelock until BT/GPS is used for the first time
      • Some power-management fixes cherry-picked from omapzoom
    • 2013-12-14:
      • set CMUpdater-URL to own backend
    • 2013-12-13:
      • Torch-tile (Quick Settings) fixed
    • 2013-12-11:
      • Use hostapd from wpa_supplicant_8_ti and wpa_supplicant from wpa_supplicant_8 (fixes WiFi-tether)
      • 3G fixed by setting the data registration-state
    • 2013-12-07:
      • Update to Android 4.4.1
    • 2013-12-05:
      • Just a build with the latest CM11.0-changes
    • 2013-12-01:
      • Re-enable building TI WPAN support (fixes bluetooth)
    • 2013-11-30:
      • Just a build with the latest CM11.0-changes
    • 2013-11-28:
      • Revert "Reset MDM6600 on bootup", this should be safe to flash again for users having a SIM-PIN
    • 2013-11-27: *DO NOT FLASH*
      • Respect "usevoicetechfordata" RIL-setting again
      • Reset MDM6600 on bootup, this leads to problems with SIM-PINs, do not flash!
    • 2013-11-26:
      • Merge upstream fixes
      • Enable new boot-animation
      • Fix a crash in the hwcomposer
    • 2013-11-24:
      • Disable fsck_msdos for now to see if this solves the sd-card-problems
    • 2013-11-23-2:
      • Revert sd-card changes, sd-cards are now writeable again
    • 2013-11-23:
      • Some more sd-card related changes, this now breaks sd-cards completely...
      • Unconditionally enable gsm-preferences
      • Revert new boot-animation, as it crashes the system on boot
      • Merge upstream kernel/motorola/omap4-common-commits by dhacker29
    • 2013-11-22:
      • Merge upstream devices/motorola/omap4-common-commits by dhacker29
    • 2013-11-21:
      • Fix black-boxes in chromium webview (using this patch)
    • 2013-11-19:
      • Use CPU-path for taking screenshots (Fixes graphical glitches on rotation, and probably hangs, but not black-boxes, they are a PowerVR/chromium bug)
      • Fixed internal and external sd-card mounting
    • 2013-11-18-2:
      • Enable (empty) methods used by audio-blob (fixes audio)
    • 2013-11-18:
      • Don't use TI wpa_supplicant but stock Android one (fixes WiFi)
    • 2013-11-17:
      • First booting build

What's working:
    • Phone (tested on Verizon and on GSM/UMTS in Europe)
    • Mobile Data (tested on Verizon and on GSM/UMTS in Europe)
    • WiFi
    • WiFi-tethering
    • GPS
    • 3G and 1X mobile data (on Verizon)
    • Camera
    • HDMI, thanks to @lucize

What's not working:
    Probably most everything else, including, but not limited to:
    • sd-card-location can not be swapped between internal and external sd-card
    • ART, as it is still in heavy development upstream (same as for all other 4.4-Roms)

Differences to official builds:
    • USB-Host changes trying to fix suspend_backoff issues (integrated into CM)
    • Many power-saving related kernel-changes (integrated into CM as of 2014-01-18)
    • Updated display controller-driver to fix dead display on wakeup (integrated into CM as of 2014-01-20)
    • HD video recording, newer camera libraries (integrated into CM as of 2014-01-14)
    • Camera sensor DCC file-loading fixed (integrated into CM)
    • Working WiFi tethering (integrated into CM as of 2014-01-17)
    • Installable with older recoveries
    • Some other small omap4-common changes (integrated into CM)

Gapps:
    There are currently multiple Gapps-versions floating around, which might or might not work.
    To install current Gapps-packages without errors, you should upgrade to SafeStrap 3.75.

BasketBuild: https://basketbuild.com/gapps

CM: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

Dhacker29 provides gapps which are compatible with recoveries not supporting set_metadata (like SafeStrap <= 3.73) (mirror):
    http://droid.cs.fau.de/cm-11.0/dhacker-gapps/

Other gapps-versions from Dhacker29 (using set_metadata, which leads to an error during installation):
    http://d-h.st/EIM
    http://d-h.st/F0D

Installation:

GSM users:
    To use this CM11.0-ROM on GSM-networks you should install Mentor.37's GSM patch

Source / Repositories:

These builds are currently just test-builds, I don't know if I will find the time to continue maintaining device support for the Droid 4 on CM11.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CM 11.0 on Motorola Droid4, ROM for the Motorola Droid 4

Contributors
    stargo, Hashcode, Dhacker29
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: XNG3C
    Stable Release Date: 2015-09-01
    Current Beta Version: 2016-01-04
    Beta Release Date: 2016-01-04

Created 2014-11-23
    Last Updated 2016-01-04
    Congrats to Stargo on being added as an official CM Motorola OMAP4 device maintainer!

Thanks to you for all your help :)

I'll try to fix the bugs and will keep maintaining the OMAPs :)

This also means that I will shortly stop building my unofficial images, when I have merged all useful changes back into the CM repositories. The officials will then have all my fixes.

Cheers,
    Michael
    Hi,

I've just updated the first post, added a small changelog for the new build and fixed gapps-links.
    There will be another build including this shortly.

Cheers,
    Michael
    I apologize for this non-ROM related post:

Congrats to Stargo on being added as an official CM Motorola OMAP4 device maintainer!

(probably long over due)

Please refrain from posting "congrats" messages in this thread and maybe find one of his messages to add a "thanks" to.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    Nice job man!

I was hoping devs would step in and continue on with these great devices. You don't know how happy I was to see this build.

(I'm not just tossing this out there, I actually flashed this build and ran through it.)