Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 4,036

Donate to Me
More
Re: [Tutorial][HowTo] Root Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaskid

does this give me CWM recovery?

No.. there is temporary cwm for you or kernels which have them inbuilt.. root is not cwm
The Following User Says Thank You to Deadly For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Deadly Ad-Free
18th March 2013, 02:21 PM |#23  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Calcutta
Thanks Meter: 1,545

More
U can gdt ermanent cwm by savie's kernel..flash that kernel..
The Following User Says Thank You to EatHeat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EatHeat Ad-Free
19th March 2013, 03:02 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Can not root my GT-S5360B
[QUOTE=EatHeat;36352803]Root your Galaxy Y
I have tried to root my Samsung GT-S5360B by following the above tutorial but I only get an errorn message:
...getprop("ro.product.product") == "GT-B5710" E:Error in tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 7) Installation aborted.
This is obviously the end of a longer message but it is the only thing I can see on my screen.
I have also tried to root the phone with several other rooting programs but without result. Any idea ?

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

Rooting is the first step to customise your device. Without rooting absolutely 'extraordinary' nothing is possible. Yes your warranty becomes void after that. So what?? You can always get it back after unrooting it. So chill. No matter where you read that its very risky or something like that, I'll say refrain from going to those sites. They are just putting unnecessary fear into your mind. Most probably they fear you could make your device function better than them. So lets go on with it. I've made it simple for you. Just follow the steps. etc..........

When I try to root my phone with Multi-Root Installer I get the following error message:

assert failed:
getprop ("ro.product.device") == "GT-S6102" | |
getprop ("ro.build.product") ==
"GT-S5360"

What does it mean ?
How can I root this phone ?

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 AM ----------

Rooting is the first step to customise your device. Without rooting absolutely 'extraordinary' nothing is possible. Yes your warranty becomes void after that. So what?? You can always get it back after unrooting it. So chill. No matter where you read that its very risky or something like that, I'll say refrain from going to those sites. They are just putting unnecessary fear into your mind. Most probably they fear you could make your device function better than them. So lets go on with it. I've made it simple for you. Just follow the steps. etc........

I tried to root with CF-Root-XX_OXA_JVU_2.3.6-v4.3-CWM3RFS but I got the message Can't open /tmp/sideload/package.zip
What is this file package.zip ?
The Following User Says Thank You to milys For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift milys Ad-Free
19th March 2013, 08:24 AM |#25  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Calcutta
Thanks Meter: 1,545

More
[QUOTE=milys;39302445][QUOTE=EatHeat;36352803]Root your Galaxy Y
I have tried to root my Samsung GT-S5360B by following the above tutorial but I only get an errorn message:
...getprop("ro.product.product") == "GT-B5710" E:Error in tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 7) Installation aborted.
This is obviously the end of a longer message but it is the only thing I can see on my screen.
I have also tried to root the phone with several other rooting programs but without result. Any idea ?

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

Rooting is the first step to customise your device. Without rooting absolutely 'extraordinary' nothing is possible. Yes your warranty becomes void after that. So what?? You can always get it back after unrooting it. So chill. No matter where you read that its very risky or something like that, I'll say refrain from going to those sites. They are just putting unnecessary fear into your mind. Most probably they fear you could make your device function better than them. So lets go on with it. I've made it simple for you. Just follow the steps. etc..........

When I try to root my phone with Multi-Root Installer I get the following error message:

assert failed:
getprop ("ro.product.device") == "GT-S6102" | |
getprop ("ro.build.product") ==
"GT-S5360"

What does it mean ?
How can I root this phone ?

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatHeat

Root your Galaxy Y

Rooting is the first step to customise your device. Without rooting absolutely 'extraordinary' nothing is possible. Yes your warranty becomes void after that. So what?? You can always get it back after unrooting it. So chill. No matter where you read that its very risky or something like that, I'll say refrain from going to those sites. They are just putting unnecessary fear into your mind. Most probably they fear you could make your device function better than them. So lets go on with it. I've made it simple for you. Just follow the steps. etc........

I tried to root with CF-Root-XX_OXA_JVU_2.3.6-v4.3-CWM3RFS but I got the message Can't open /tmp/sideload/package.zip
What is this file package.zip ?

Use the attached update.zip to root your device..and follow the steps accordingly..
22nd April 2013, 07:33 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Root Problem
I rooted my galaxy y successfully and after that tried to install your ics jellyblast 4......
But after updating my phone got stucked in.....
now its only showing the start screen and it is bricked.
Tell me what to do.....
Bruce Wayne
22nd April 2013, 09:41 AM |#27  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshul05

I rooted my galaxy y successfully and after that tried to install your ics jellyblast 4......
But after updating my phone got stucked in.....
now its only showing the start screen and it is bricked.
Tell me what to do.....

Flash a stock rom via odin. look for firmwares thread in development section

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
25th April 2013, 07:21 AM |#28  

More
THnx
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Bruce Wayne]

Flash a stock rom via odin. look for firmwares thread in development section

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Thanx Bruce I did the sama and its working now...
Bruce Wayne
25th April 2013, 07:25 AM |#29  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshul05

Thanx Bruce I did the sama and its working now...

You are welcome

A Hero Can Be Anyone
26th April 2013, 08:23 AM |#30  
Flag Indore
Thanks Meter: 8

More
COOL!
Thats cool bro... thanks for sharing it ... Thanked
28th April 2013, 10:16 PM |#31  

More
Sadface
I just updated to S5630XXMC2 firmware and now I cant root my phone anymore... Does the zip fila heve to be updated as well? Because after the previous firmware update rooting worked just fine with the same .zip file I had before...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
eatheat, galaxy y, root, xda

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)