Thanks Meter: 2,490

By mattlgroff, Inactive Recognized Developer on 4th December 2012, 08:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd March 2013, 12:35 AM |#271  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlgroff

You can use a Homemade fastboot to go back to ICS.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for your reply, I will try it later.
23rd March 2013, 03:00 AM |#272  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Nice!
I got a Sony LiveView, so i started using the Bluetooth all day long. So far, the battery life its awesome, even with the LiveView!
Nice energy management, Moto.
Btw, im using Stock Android 4.1.2, retail EU firmware, not even rooted.
24th March 2013, 03:21 AM |#273  
Thanks Meter: 151

More
So, is there a difference between Retail GB JB to the others ?
24th March 2013, 06:29 PM |#274  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag San Diego

Donate to Me
More
Re: The Unofficial Thread of Official OTA Updates
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky0165

So, is there a difference between Retail GB JB to the others ?

A couple letters and numbers.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattlgroff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mattlgroff Ad-Free
25th March 2013, 11:49 PM |#275  
Flag Apucarana
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Smile
I updated my Razr I using the Homemade fastboot. I unlocked the bootloader and updated from Retail GB ICS to Retail BR Jelly Bean. Everything is fine. If a new update, like the JB 4.2, for example, get launched, will I receive the update via OTA (even with root and unlocked bootloader)?
26th March 2013, 12:25 AM |#276  
Flag San Diego

Donate to Me
More
Re: The Unofficial Thread of Official OTA Updates
Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaelOliveira

I updated my Razr I using the Homemade fastboot. I unlocked the bootloader and updated from Retail GB ICS to Retail BR Jelly Bean. Everything is fine. If a new update, like the JB 4.2, for example, get launched, will I receive the update via OTA (even with root and unlocked bootloader)?

Yup. Unless you've remove or changed necessary files the OTA checks for when installing.

12th April 2013, 05:14 AM |#277  
Flag Pyongyang
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
Smile hi Matt and everyone here!!
Ok first of all, i just registered on xda and this is my first reply so hi to all and forgive me beforehand if i'm asking utter bull**** xD

Ok my question. I recently bought a RAZR i (2 months old) From TELCEL. I was happy to know it had ICS and could boot into fastboot. So Suddely (2 days ago) i received the OTA update notice for JB and i was like "nice, thanks moto" so i downloaded it and eventually updated my phone. But now it can't boot into fastboot and dont know if i can still unlock bootloader. So is there a way to go back to the previous version without killing my phone so i can unlock it first? The other reason i'm asking this (and here) is for me to root my phone and get the MX JB update file so it can be available.

Any answers regarding my doubt or where should this have been posted are thanked for!
The Following User Says Thank You to Neopumper666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Neopumper666 Ad-Free
12th April 2013, 06:34 AM |#278  
Flag San Diego

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopumper666

Ok first of all, i just registered on xda and this is my first reply so hi to all and forgive me beforehand if i'm asking utter bull**** xD

Ok my question. I recently bought a RAZR i (2 months old) From TELCEL. I was happy to know it had ICS and could boot into fastboot. So Suddely (2 days ago) i received the OTA update notice for JB and i was like "nice, thanks moto" so i downloaded it and eventually updated my phone. But now it can't boot into fastboot and dont know if i can still unlock bootloader. So is there a way to go back to the previous version without killing my phone so i can unlock it first? The other reason i'm asking this (and here) is for me to root my phone and get the MX JB update file so it can be available.

Any answers regarding my doubt or where should this have been posted are thanked for!

Should look in this thread for fixing your phone first: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2184877

Once unbricked you can then root again, (might need to unlock first) then use my OTA Snatcher app to grab the update.

Good luck.
20th April 2013, 12:32 AM |#279  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Update for 4.1.2 PR
My phone has received the update to 4.1.2 i saved it to the sdcard will be uploading soon...
20th April 2013, 03:52 AM |#280  
Flag Tabasco.
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Telcel and moto mexico have released JB... Im on EU, retail anyone here got the file to test?

Sent from the outside of the Eternity Gate on Holy Terra
26th April 2013, 04:10 AM |#281  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have the files for the TELCEL JB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofteno

Telcel and moto mexico have released JB... Im on EU, retail anyone here got the file to test?

Sent from the outside of the Eternity Gate on Holy Terra

I shared the file to Matt, he should post it soon.

It didn't work on My phone, bootloader is locked, and i have it rooted.

The error message appears to be a discrepancy in the circles widget. Any ideas on how to fix it based on the picture?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Version Picture.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	1912547   Click image for larger version

Name:	error message.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	224.4 KB
ID:	1912549  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)