[Q] Note 3 Claro PR wrong imei

Search This thread

codecxbox

Jan 29, 2011
I recently bought a Note 3 SM-N9008W of Claro PR which is loaded with the TELCEL 4.4 KitKat firmware. The guy who sold me the cel told me that as a result of flashing that firmware, it didnt have baseband and imei. So after reading a lot, I decided to give EFS Pro a shot. EFS Pro has a option to restore NVRAM, so I did that and after rebooting, I got the TELCEL baseband and a imei

Problem is that the imei on the firmware is not the same as the one on the back label. I used the Phone Info app, and everything looks ok for Telcel except that the Mobile Provider ID is Claro and there is no RIL serial number.

Any help? I dont have a EFS backup and Knox is 0x1.

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
There is a guide here on how to restore serial and imei but read everything before performing the task as I read there is the potential to brick your phone if not followed correctly.

codecxbox

Jan 29, 2011
I managed to install Claro PR 4.3 , still shows wrong IMEI, not the same as the back label. I insert any sim , tmobile ,claro and it doesnt say invalid sim. I only have signal bars. Also, and Im afraid of this, if I dial #*0011 , it shows IMEI CERT: FAIL.
Any help?​

codecxbox

Jan 29, 2011
After a second reflash with 4.3, the software imei now matches the back label imei!
but I already tried 2 unlock code sellers, and none have provided a working code.
Any help?