SGH-I747 unlocked trying to root

Search This thread

frankslan

Apr 8, 2013
Looking to root my SGH-I747 but I don't know if it's an at*T or t-mobile. Is there a way to tell? I'm buying it from ebay and it just says unlocked.

frankslan

Apr 8, 2013
I've been doing some research on rooting and romming the s3. If it's running 4.1 I dont have to worry about bootloaders and can install and roms without worry, but if Im running 4.3 then I can't mess with the boot loader right?

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
The stock 4.3 AT&T bootloader cannot be downgraded and, once you are on the 4.3 bootloader, you cannot use Odin to flash a stock ROM and recovery. You can install custom ROMs with a 4.3 bootloader, it's just that it can be difficult to get the phone working if you run into problems.

On a non-4.3 bootloader, you can use Odin. If you want to run a custom ROM that is not based on a Samsung ROM, you should be fine with a 4.1.2 bootloader and radio.

Reactions: frankslan

frankslan

Apr 8, 2013
Cool thanks for clearing that up it makes a lot more sense now. Hope I get a 4.1 then the phones still in the mail.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Look at the label located under the battery for the exact model.

The i747 is a non-AWS AT&T model.
    The stock 4.3 AT&T bootloader cannot be downgraded and, once you are on the 4.3 bootloader, you cannot use Odin to flash a stock ROM and recovery. You can install custom ROMs with a 4.3 bootloader, it's just that it can be difficult to get the phone working if you run into problems.

On a non-4.3 bootloader, you can use Odin. If you want to run a custom ROM that is not based on a Samsung ROM, you should be fine with a 4.1.2 bootloader and radio.