LG G2 EE root and roms

Search This thread

wildcolor

Aug 8, 2007
London
Hi Guys

I've just got a LG G2 from EE (UK). I will unlock it first and then I want to root it and flash new rom.

But, I noticed there is no EE (UK) subsections in the forum. Can anyone point me which thread is the right one for me to root my G2 from EE UK?:confused:

meangreenie

Mar 6, 2012
yep..

it's probably sim free too

to root.... ota to latest kitkat, then use towel root and then install SuperSU from the market. Or find the latest ioroot, which is 25 I think, the thread is in the g2 android development section here .. both methods are very easy

then if you want custom recovery for flashing roms just install autorec for your variant, don't use the wrong version. just double check your installing the d802 one. autorec thread is in the development section too.

warning.. golden rule is to never take ota if you have a custom recovery installed, or you will be following one of the more technical threads to unbrick.

note.. these methods are for KitKat.. for jellybean I don't know

Last edited:

treebill

Jan 28, 2011
Hi Guys

I've just got a LG G2 from EE (UK). I will unlock it first and then I want to root it and flash new rom.

But, I noticed there is no EE (UK) subsections in the forum. Can anyone point me which thread is the right one for me to root my G2 from EE UK?:confused:

Any UK open will work fine.

Just anything that support d802 will work fine.

I'm on tmobile.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app