[ROM] CyanogenMod 7 for the Nexus One :: V7.1.0 (9 Oct 2011)

Search This thread

CyanogenMod

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 28, 2011
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the Nexus One, or coming from another ROM?
  1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
  2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
  4. Perform a factory reset.
  5. Flash CyanogenMod.
  6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
  1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
  • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
  • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
  • Please use Pastebin when possible.
Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
Latest version: update-cm-7.1.0-N1
Download: link
Mirror: link
MD5sum: 9b7d3af27b1242dd33c94395a31a8d73​

Google Apps addon:
Version: gapps-gb-20110828

Version: Google Talk with video addon

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

vzontini

Jan 22, 2010
I thought people were having trouble with Clockworkmod on the N1; however, I see it is the recovery mentioned in the 7.1 OP. Is the recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-passion.img version stable again? I've been using AmonRa 2.2.1 since I saw so many people complain but I haven't tried a Clockworkmod version in a while. What are the benefits of the current versions of Clockworkmod on the N1?

kenypowa

May 18, 2010
I thought people were having trouble with Clockworkmod on the N1; however, I see it is the recovery mentioned in the 7.1 OP. Is the recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-passion.img version stable again? I've been using AmonRa 2.2.1 since I saw so many people complain but I haven't tried a Clockworkmod version in a while. What are the benefits of the current versions of Clockworkmod on the N1?

I also have a lot of problems with Clockword Mod today; I had to flash AmonRa to install the latest update.

CM 7.1 runs well btw. :D

cmarti

May 7, 2006
Try this link--it is for the N1

Your link is for the Hero--not sure if they are compatible

I prefer the non-beta

Flash after rom and gapps

may need to run script if a new flash

Thank you, flashed and now to see how it goes! My wife was complaining that she wasn't able to download all her games because of space limitations. :)

shplunk

Jun 14, 2010
I just upgraded to CM 7.1 from CM 6, and I am having issues with the market. I can't download anything; every time I try I get a popup that says "This app was unable to be downloaded due to an error." Does anyone know how to fix it? I have an AT&T Nexus One if that helps.

ZhekaS

Nov 7, 2008
Having an issue with WIFI. It just not finding any networks. It is fixed (temporarily, until the next reboot) by executing
Code:
> su
> ifconfig eth0 up

Last edited:

Dirk

May 11, 2009
No problems on my N1. Thanks to the entire team for their continued hard work and service to the Android community. You guys rock!

rock.gif

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the Nexus One, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
    Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.
    Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
    Latest version: update-cm-7.1.0-N1
    Download: link
    MD5sum: 9b7d3af27b1242dd33c94395a31a8d73​

Google Apps addon:
    Version: gapps-gb-20110828

Version: Google Talk with video addon

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    gapps-gb-20110828

the one that is linked in the first post

Hmmm? Can you log onto the market on the PC and see if you can download something?

Your date and time is correct right?

If above don't work, try booting up without the Sim card. Connect too wifi and try to log into google.
    Would anyone mind trying to discover and pair a bluetooth device?

My headphones, Motorola S-9, syncs & plays fine. Although the range seems to be iffy now. Cuts in & out when around hip level.
    Bluetooth issue, required full wipe

T-Mo N1, coming from RC1. When I 1st flashed without wiping data and cache, my phone stopped pairing to my car's BT, and also can not discover my car's BT. I tried deleting old pairing, then power cycle BT on the N1, with no success. I didn't try pulling the battery.

Then I went back to RC1 from Nandroid backup, then flashed 7.1 again with a full wipe. This time BT is working correctly.
    Hi!

Does this rom support a2sd (via darktremor) ??

Yes it does