What is the best phone to port from?

Search This thread

josh2020glacier

Jan 5, 2012
baltimore/md
My question is what are the best phone to port from?

I would really like to try to port a few roms but need to be pointed in the right direction. I have ported a miui v4 ot 2 to the HTC doubleshot. So yes I'm ready to try for this phone lol. Please help thanks

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

KT-82166

Aug 7, 2012
Dallas,GA
My question is what are the best phone to port from?

I would really like to try to port a few roms but need to be pointed in the right direction. I have ported a miui v4 ot 2 to the HTC doubleshot. So yes I'm ready to try for this phone lol. Please help thanks

What are you trying to port.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda app-developers app

Odysseus1962

Sep 30, 2013
Ripley, TN
What makes the Ville C2 superior to the Sensation? I thought the Sensation has the closest hardware specs, and judging by the number of projects, it seems to have a more vibrant and active developer base. Please elaborate.

Muneeb Saeed

Jul 17, 2013
Hafizabad
Senstaion is older htc ville c2 is the closest hardware and most sense ports here are from htc one execpt htc radar its mostly the same i dont know why dont we port from there and i posted this before and posting it again our hardware is APQ8060 but on here it is written we have got a msm8260 i dont know why

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: pbergonzi

KT-82166

Aug 7, 2012
Dallas,GA
What makes the Ville C2 superior to the Sensation? I thought the Sensation has the closest hardware specs, and judging by the number of projects, it seems to have a more vibrant and active developer base. Please elaborate.

Problems is that some sensation roms are ported from Ville c2.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

josh2020glacier

Jan 5, 2012
baltimore/md
Thank you all. There all great peaces of advice I'm going to try from the sensations miui v5 sense based. if I succeed then I'm going to ask permission and post. Thank you again for all the quick responses.

SuperAfnan

Nov 4, 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
I have ported from the VilleC2, Sensation, and Shooteru (GSM EVO 3D).
I would say the Sensation is the easiest to port from because it is literally the Amaze but with less RAM. Second comes the EVO 3D because it's also very similar to the Amaze, it's also ICS and Sense 3.6 based like the Sensation.
The VilleC2 is good as well, but software-wise it's not as similar ad the other ones. Now that we have a 3.4 kernel we'll see how this turns out.

Don't bother fussing over the processor, these phones are pretty similar hardware wise as well, the VilleC2 has the edge here because it was updated by HTC. All of them are dual core.

There is another phone to port from, the Totem (HTC ONE VX). I'll probably port something from here later on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

incapable86

Jun 8, 2013
now that we have 3.4 kernel this doesn't mean start new rom porting, please consider contributing to exsisting project by chevy called black russian once we fix all stuff on that rom, it will be much easier to port rest of the roms from villec2 and sensation.

Sent from my Amaze 4G using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: ravike14

Odysseus1962

Sep 30, 2013
Ripley, TN
now that we have 3.4 kernel this doesn't mean start new rom porting, please consider contributing to exsisting project by chevy called black russian once we fix all stuff on that rom, it will be much easier to port rest of the roms from villec2 and sensation.

If you read through the threads you'll see that @SuperAfnan is already well plugged-in.to the project. They have a history of cooperation that long precedes the release of this ROM.

Reactions: incapable86

incapable86

Jun 8, 2013
If you read through the threads you'll see that @SuperAfnan is already well plugged-in.to the project. They have a history of cooperation that long precedes the release of this ROM.

Yea I know he's into it already.. he has done great work, that post wasn't just for him but for all.. instead to individual porting we should all work as a team I meant that's all! oh by the way @josh2020glacier sensation does not have miui v5 rom based on sense!

Last edited:

josh2020glacier

Jan 5, 2012
baltimore/md
Yea I know he's into it already.. he has done great work, that post wasn't just for him but for all.. instead to individual porting we should all work as a team I meant that's all! oh by the way @josh2020glacier good luck porting miui rom sense based, sensation does not have miui v5 rom based on sense!

Are you sure bout that. I'm pretty sure I seen a sense based miui for sensation on Google.

Here a link to miui v4 sense based sensation : http://www.htcsensationroms.com/details/?r=1026

I also seen v5 sense based for it to just don't feel like hunting link down. Not everything is here on xda buddy. Google is your friend people use it befor trying to make me look like a idiot please thankyou.

And for working together on one Rom that's cool don't have problem with that but I want sense miui I want key word just willing to share work.

Don't meant to come off rude.

And here's another link sense based v5 lk sensation
http://www.htcsensationroms.com/details/?r=1507

Last edited:

incapable86

Jun 8, 2013
But yes I'm just really trying to get v4 sense based be easier lol

i'm sorry If I sounded rude on previous posts I edited the posts just incase, yea probably you should work miui ics v4 sense based it will be alot easier for now!
after we get all the stuff working on black russian sense rom we can try porting miui v5 jellybean sense based from VilleC2: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2249903

Reactions: josh2020glacier

ravike14

Feb 9, 2013
Colombo

i agree with this..reason we didnt release our own roms...black russian has all the base portings according to kernel..the main reason i released this cuz so everyone can contribute toward getting the fixes done more quickly..once we get a stable build..then everyone can start sense 5 or any porting..just not now or else every rom will be broken and incomplete..

chevycowboyusa

Jun 9, 2009
Big Bear City, Ca
i agree with this..reason we didnt release our own roms...black russian has all the base portings according to kernel..the main reason i released this cuz so everyone can contribute toward getting the fixes done more quickly..once we get a stable build..then everyone can start sense 5 or any porting..just not now or else every rom will be broken and incomplete..

I'll second that. The kernel still needs some tweaks. And Ravike and I were hoping that a fresh set of eyes on this would help get us past some hurdles.

There's a lot of editing that's going to need to be done on a few things.

We used the totem because the mounting worked the best. Once we better at working with the vold files and can manipulate them perfectly with the other roms we might rebase the Rom.

But for now, this is a good start.

:)

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have ported from the VilleC2, Sensation, and Shooteru (GSM EVO 3D).
    I would say the Sensation is the easiest to port from because it is literally the Amaze but with less RAM. Second comes the EVO 3D because it's also very similar to the Amaze, it's also ICS and Sense 3.6 based like the Sensation.
    The VilleC2 is good as well, but software-wise it's not as similar ad the other ones. Now that we have a 3.4 kernel we'll see how this turns out.

Don't bother fussing over the processor, these phones are pretty similar hardware wise as well, the VilleC2 has the edge here because it was updated by HTC. All of them are dual core.

There is another phone to port from, the Totem (HTC ONE VX). I'll probably port something from here later on.

I agree with this, generally if you don't have experience porting ROMS you should be focused on doing your best to debug. Once most of the stuff is fixed and we're on the level of the bugs in Viper/Sense 4.1 we can open up more porting projects because it's silly to port stuff which is broken that nobody can actually use lol.

I'm probably just going to port one thing and release it, help fix, or do my best to attempt to fix bugs. Once stuff is mostly fixed and usable we'll start porting more stuff. :)

I'll second that. The kernel still needs some tweaks. And Ravike and I were hoping that a fresh set of eyes on this would help get us past some hurdles.

There's a lot of editing that's going to need to be done on a few things.

We used the totem because the mounting worked the best. Once we better at working with the vold files and can manipulate them perfectly with the other roms we might rebase the Rom.

But for now, this is a good start.

:)

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Senstaion is older htc ville c2 is the closest hardware and most sense ports here are from htc one execpt htc radar its mostly the same i dont know why dont we port from there and i posted this before and posting it again our hardware is APQ8060 but on here it is written we have got a msm8260 i dont know why

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk