[Q] Where has recovery gone?

Search This thread

Boblud

Oct 8, 2013
Canterbury
no access to recovery

I've got big problem. My One Mini is fine until I try to go into recovery. It refuses to go there.

I get fastboot and bootloader menus fine. It enters bootloader, but if I try to go into recovery, it just goes back to the main bootloader menu.

The problem started when I flashed CWMRecovery. Fastboot and adb recognise my phone, and accept commands, but when I try to fastboot flash recovery in it sends an error message. File not found.

I tried " fastboot boot recovery.img" but that just froze the machine .

When I try to get into recovery from rom manager or ROM toolbox pro, it takes me to the fastboot menu, not into recovery, and we're back to square one, as above.

Running android 4.3 Sense 5.5 software 2.12.401.1 Supercid 11111111
rooted and unlocked

To get the phone to work again, I have to hold power down for about 10 secs direct from fastboot/bootloader...may have to do this several times before it boots into Android.

If I turn power off from bootloader, it returns to bootloader when I power up again.

If I don't turn the phone off, once in main application, it's all OK.

Ho hum.

As I say , it works like a dream until I want to go into recovery.

Any ideas, please?

Thanks

didierk

Apr 4, 2014
Hi

I tried " fastboot boot recovery.img" but that just froze the machine .
The correct command to flash the recovery is
Code:
fastboot flash recovery your_recovery_image.img

see also: wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Doc:_fastboot_intro

Booting into recovery should be possible with
Code:
adb reboot recovery

I didnt tried CWM on the Mini, but used it on my old Marvel. I'm satisfied with TWRP for the Mini.

greetings

Boblud

Oct 8, 2013
Canterbury
Yes, thanks. I know the commands should work...but that's the trouble..they don't!
I can get into the recovery menu...HBOOT /FASTBOOT / RECOVERY and so on, but selecting "RECOVERY" simply sends me back to HBOOT menu.
I can't flash anything under FASTBOOT, either. I've been doing this sort of thing for several years without trouble....until now!

So come on chaps..thinking caps on , please.

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Yes, thanks. I know the commands should work...but that's the trouble..they don't!
I can get into the recovery menu...HBOOT /FASTBOOT / RECOVERY and so on, but selecting "RECOVERY" simply sends me back to HBOOT menu.
I can't flash anything under FASTBOOT, either. I've been doing this sort of thing for several years without trouble....until now!

So come on chaps..thinking caps on , please.

lock the bootloader RUU back to stock and start over ?

Boblud

Oct 8, 2013
Canterbury