Tutorial for applying rom to pharos

Search This thread

wayne_rooney

i read in this forum

Quote:
My HTC Pharos 3470 is HardSPL now ... w000t !!! %)
Did it from the first time ... thanks to Suracha and the reading of this whole thread ... (my spl was SPL 1.11.0001)
Here are some basic notes for those who are still stuck

1. Set Button 3 (Camera) to <None>.
2. Transfer the extracted files (JumpSPL.exe & Pharos_JumpSPL.nb) to your device and execute.
3. Change 0x00000000 to 0x10000000 as Jump Address.
4. After geting the file list, press Camera first; then press Power. This is little difficult, if you pressed Power too long; you device may be turn off.
5. Tap the Pharos_JumpSPL.nb file, it must be tabbed while Camera & Power button are pressed.
6. After above, you should get grey background screen.
7. On ur pc quickly ( means make usb connection ) double click the ROMUpdateUtility.exe from the HardSPL dirrectory, and follow through the flashing process (what steps in flashing process?)

several question from me.
1) are this steps right?
2) what to do when get Grey background?
3) should i have to remove memory card and sim card?
4) did i have to backup my og rom? but how?

plz correct me >>>

mf999

Jan 13, 2007
Both of you are on the right path. The steps listed are definitely correct. Flash HardSPL files once using the below method first if you are not concerned over the warranty. Then you can flash any ROM you like from the Forum as many times you require. Incidentally the HardSPL for it doesnt seem to be permanent in my Pharos. I was experimenting with some ROM's and then flashed back to Original 6.1 ROM from HTC and voila it was back to original HTC SPL. Now I have to use Suracha's method or HardSPL again to replace the ROM as its back to the restricted SPL.

balendra68

Jun 26, 2008
Original 6.1 ROM from HTC for P 3470

Where can I find the Original 6.1 ROM from HTC for P 3470 and can the radio, ROM & SPL of my WM6 phone be upgraded without Jump/Hard SPL, if I update with this original ROM.The Current specs are:

ROM - 1.11.707.1 (Dt. 29/01/2008)
Radio- 03.15.90
Protocol Version - 4.1.13.59

rizwanmozawala

Jul 14, 2009
i read in this forum

Quote:
My HTC Pharos 3470 is HardSPL now ... w000t !!! %)
Did it from the first time ... thanks to Suracha and the reading of this whole thread ... (my spl was SPL 1.11.0001)
Here are some basic notes for those who are still stuck

1. Set Button 3 (Camera) to <None>.
2. Transfer the extracted files (JumpSPL.exe & Pharos_JumpSPL.nb) to your device and execute.
3. Change 0x00000000 to 0x10000000 as Jump Address.
4. After geting the file list, press Camera first; then press Power. This is little difficult, if you pressed Power too long; you device may be turn off.
5. Tap the Pharos_JumpSPL.nb file, it must be tabbed while Camera & Power button are pressed.
6. After above, you should get grey background screen.
7. On ur pc quickly ( means make usb connection ) double click the ROMUpdateUtility.exe from the HardSPL dirrectory, and follow through the flashing process (what steps in flashing process?)

several question from me.
1) are this steps right?
2) what to do when get Grey background?
3) should i have to remove memory card and sim card?
4) did i have to backup my og rom? but how?

plz correct me >>>
Thanx its good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

magixian

Aug 7, 2008
success

very helpful and straight forward tutorial except i fond it hard to set camera to none since phone was in German but Google translate helped a lot.