TMO US: Haunting empty SMS message from number 129

Search This thread

vponomarev

Feb 27, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Hi!

I noticed a weird thing on my HD2.
There is an empty SMS message from 129 number that shows up in the inbox. After deleting it, it keeps coming back after a relatively short period of time. I DO NOT get any notifications about new SMS messages, so it's likely that this is some sort of phantom message.
I have disabled HTC messaging app and disabled the HTC messaging service (so that new SMS notifications contain "Save as read" and "Dismiss" options) and installed "SMS patch" application (from one of the other threads here) so fix the SMS counter.
Anyone has same issue?

aceo07

Jun 29, 2009
I noticed it a couple of times, but I've deleted it and it hasn't come back.

My visual voicemail is enabled and is working.

vponomarev

Feb 27, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Looks like the mystery is solved. Thanks skylinepigeon.
I removed Visual Voicemail service from my T-Mobile account (as I don't really use it anyways), and this phantom message is not coming back anymore.

Tin Ji

Jul 3, 2010
I got these everyday, when turn on the phone after it's fully charged. I been getting these before I got have Visual Voicemail service on my account.

Reactions: Kandyegirl

FenderGuy

Jul 12, 2009
ScOTTSDALE
Sorry to say it's not Visual Voicemail, i just switched over to the HD2 from a Mytouch didnt have VV on mytouch but I did get a 129 message also. I delated the google sync calander on my laptop thinking that was it and I have not gotten a 129 message yet

Phantoms

May 29, 2010
Savannah, GA
Sorry to say it's not Visual Voicemail, i just switched over to the HD2 from a Mytouch didnt have VV on mytouch but I did get a 129 message also. I delated the google sync calander on my laptop thinking that was it and I have not gotten a 129 message yet

Have you tried calling TMobile and asking thm to remove VVM from your account? Just because your previous phone didn't have VVM doesn't mean a SMS wasn't being sent out.

Also check http://forums.t-mobile.com/t5/T-Mobile-Touch-Pro2/message-from-129/td-p/171226 for some possible solutions.

Last edited:

kabuk1

I get this even after ditching VVM. It has to do with voicemail though. It only shows up for me if someone leaves me a voicemail or if I have any saved. What I do to get rid of it is open it up, transfer it from the sim to the phone, then delete it. And delete the voicemail(s), of course. I've called T-Mo numerous times about this too, they're aware of it & they claim they're working on it. Which I believe, because I used to not be able to delete it at all & now I can.

Reactions: Kandyegirl

rwt4jc

Apr 17, 2010
Me too!

Hi!

I noticed a weird thing on my HD2.
There is an empty SMS message from 129 number that shows up in the inbox. After deleting it, it keeps coming back after a relatively short period of time. I DO NOT get any notifications about new SMS messages, so it's likely that this is some sort of phantom message.
I have disabled HTC messaging app and disabled the HTC messaging service (so that new SMS notifications contain "Save as read" and "Dismiss" options) and installed "SMS patch" application (from one of the other threads here) so fix the SMS counter.
Anyone has same issue?

I signed up for Micorsoft MyPhone syncronization, I wonder if it has something to do with syncing up the phone?

nookin

Mar 24, 2012
I'm getting these empty SMS from 129 every time my phone (Verizon LG G2 VS980) boots up. Does anyone know how to make it stop? I noticed that when I delete voice mails, I get these empty SMS from 129 as well. So I am convinced that they have something to do with voicemail. It seems that T-Mobile think that my phone needs these SMS but my phone does not and ended up showing these SMS to me. This only happens when I am running a custom ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The mothership is coming for you....

Honestly though dont have a clue :D
    I got these everyday, when turn on the phone after it's fully charged. I been getting these before I got have Visual Voicemail service on my account.
    I get this even after ditching VVM. It has to do with voicemail though. It only shows up for me if someone leaves me a voicemail or if I have any saved. What I do to get rid of it is open it up, transfer it from the sim to the phone, then delete it. And delete the voicemail(s), of course. I've called T-Mo numerous times about this too, they're aware of it & they claim they're working on it. Which I believe, because I used to not be able to delete it at all & now I can.