Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

slayher

Mar 27, 2010
Mine used to do the black screen thing when I was running Evervolv. The buttons would light the same way but the screen stayed black. I always blamed it on launcher pro, but I'm uncertain if that was the issue or not.

On other topics, is the wifi AP switch problem fixed in nightly #2 or do you have to flash slayhers beta kernel to fix it?

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

Its fixed in the nightly.

blakestiffler

Jan 26, 2010
Now that this is in Rom manager does that mean we can update without wiping for now on? I'm tired of wiping and The notifications for updating is now working through Rom manager

Sent from my INCREDIBLE using XDA app

slayher

Mar 27, 2010
Now that this is in Tom manager does that mean we can update without wiping for now? The notifications for updating is now working through Rom manager

Honestly I haven't wiped between builds for awhile now. My thing is don't wipe, if you see issues or inconsistency then wipe.

But thats me, my understanding maybe higher than others, So I am willing to take that chance :D

Pons

Sep 2, 2010
Now that this is in Rom manager does that mean we can update without wiping for now on? I'm tired of wiping and The notifications for updating is now working through Rom manager

Without wiping data, yes. To be safe (although probably unnecessary), I wipe cache and dalvik each time.

But if you run into issues that no one else is having...

Edit: Put AP switching and camcorder as working in OP. Any word on Hidden SSIDs? Any new/missed bugs?

Last edited:
Reactions: xwera43

slayher

Mar 27, 2010
Without wiping data, yes. To be safe (although probably unnecessary), I wipe cache and dalvik each time.

But if you run into issues that no one else is having...

Edit: Put AP switching and camcorder as working in OP. Any word on Hidden SSIDs? Any new/missed bugs?

I got a couple tweets that Hidden SSIDs are working now.
AND its Quadrants fault, Thats my story and I am sticking to it.

Last edited:

Pons

Sep 2, 2010
I got a couple tweets that Hidden SSIDs are working now.
AND its Quadrants fault, Thats my story and I am sticking to it.
Good enough for me. Updated. Now about that quadrant... j/k I know it's the apps fault and I don't even use it anyways.

Very minor graphical glitch. CyanogenMod Settings > User Interface > Notification Power Widget Buttons > Brightness modes has double %% next to the numbers. It's unimportant, (but probably/hopefully quick fix), just wanted to throw it on the radar for a second.

rciucki

Oct 20, 2010
When I press phone, to go to my dialer, it autoloads my favorite contacts and doesn't go to the dialer.

Any idea why this is happening? I could have over looked a setting but I've checked and checked again and it's driving me mad. :)

Thanks for all who have helped with these nightlies. I'm a CM convert now that my screen doesn't flicker when I power down thanks to the GB screen off animation. :) Happy to be here.

apsawyer65

Sep 11, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
I have never used ROM Manager to update a ROM so, I tried this evening. The update downloaded properly. However, when I tikd it to perform the update, it goes into recovery, tries to load the zip file and fails.

Moving the file to the root of the SD Card and executing the zip file from recovery works fine.

I am still on version 2.5.0.5 of CWM. While 2.5.1.2 is available, I am not sure after reading about numerous past issues, if it is OK to update.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Pons

Sep 2, 2010
When I press phone, to go to my dialer, it autoloads my favorite contacts and doesn't go to the dialer.

Any idea why this is happening? I could have over looked a setting but I've checked and checked again and it's driving me mad. :)

Thanks for all who have helped with these nightlies. I'm a CM convert now that my screen doesn't flicker when I power down thanks to the GB screen off animation. :) Happy to be here.
I've been using Dialer One. Better searching for contacts, and there is a setting in that app for that.
I have never used ROM Manager to update a ROM so, I tried this evening. The update downloaded properly. However, when I tikd it to perform the update, it goes into recovery, tries to load the zip file and fails.

Moving the file to the root of the SD Card and executing the zip file from recovery works fine.

I am still on version 2.5.0.5 of CWM. While 2.5.1.2 is available, I am not sure after reading about numerous past issues, if it is OK to update.

CWM occasionally does that. I'm using 2.5.1.2, but I flash manually anyways. I'll try through ROM Manager next time and report back (if I remember).

silverramsrt

Dec 12, 2009
NC

Although I have not experienced your specific problem, I have been using CWM 2.5.1.2 since its inception with no problems at all. And if it ever causes problems it is simple to revert to a previous version.

jbdan

Aug 30, 2010
Atlanta

Dial a number (just one number if you want) and hit the phone icon like your dialing and hang up immediately. Go back to home screen. Next time you hit your phone app it will go directly to your dialer.

This has been a small issue since omgb's 1st version came out. Evervolv and CM7 do this as well.

I'm not clear on exactly why, but it does. As well, the cyanogen setting "return to dialer after call" does not change this from happening. A small glitch in the grand scheme of things.

As Pons said DialerOne is an alternative, but it's not for me.

If you dial a number straight from your contacts or favorites list by hitting the green phone icon (if you have that showing) this is when it will not return to your dialer after closing and re-entering your dialer app. If you make a call by inputting the actual number than it will return to your dialer properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: rciucki

CUViper

Sep 17, 2010
Very minor graphical glitch. CyanogenMod Settings > User Interface > Notification Power Widget Buttons > Brightness modes has double %% next to the numbers. It's unimportant, (but probably/hopefully quick fix), just wanted to throw it on the radar for a second.
There was a weird quirk in the resource validation which forced this. I've got a few patches up on review.cyanogenmod.com to address it, waiting for approval.

Reactions: chris61292

Drewsipher

Oct 7, 2010
Kent
www.myspace.com
question, im getting exceptionally great battery life from gb so far and im on .09, asked this on cm forums so asking here too, the .11 radio giving performance boosts? I found a couple of .11 radios but im always skittish with radios, whos put the right one out? Again I have googled it and just wanna make sure I found the right one.

morph3k

Sep 6, 2010
Jonesboro
question, im getting exceptionally great battery life from gb so far and im on .09, asked this on cm forums so asking here too, the .11 radio giving performance boosts? I found a couple of .11 radios but im always skittish with radios, whos put the right one out? Again I have googled it and just wanna make sure I found the right one.

personally i've never seen battery life improve with radio, but some say theirs do. i use 09.01 but you can get all of them at http://morph3k.net/radios

gummehbear

Apr 30, 2010
I've been getting random reboots running the 07.28 radio and .79 hboot, curious if anyone with the newer 09.11 radio is noticing the same issue.

br125

Jan 25, 2009
i think cm7 requires a newer HBOOT and possibly the 09.11 radio or newer

Been running GB and cm7 since it was released with no issues at all on .77 hboot and 7.28 radio. I would say neither of them would be the cause of problems. Random reboots are most likely due to overclocking.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM7.1 Nightlies

A friendly reminder from slayher:
    "Everyone needs to remember that the CM team has made no releases yet. It's labeled RC0, and new code is going in everyday. Sometimes things are going to break, sometimes features are going to be removed, then added, then removed, then added back. Sometimes regular apps may just not work (adfree) because this a new version of android using new and updated API's. Keep that in mind. To the CM team, you are flashing ALPHA software. Not beta, not a Release Candidate.

Just to restate some stuff to the people who didn't read the entire Crackflashers' Thread.

This kernel has been patched with a backport of the .35 kernel in order for USB tethering and mounting to work. Flash a different kernel, and those features break. Period.

Second, the kernel that is provided is what we have found to be the most capable, but most stable kernel for the most people. We are not using highly customized kernels with every acronym you can think of because we are going for maximum compatibility.

Third, make sure you have updated HBOOT (.92), radio images (2.15 series). The newer seem to be working much better.

Fourth, if you hate this and think it's slow, great, don't use it. If you love it, and think it's the best thing to happen to your phone, great, use it. The point here is choice, run what ROM has the features and speed you want. If you want these features, but something isn't working for you, ask for help from others running the ROM. And don't forget it's still ALPHA."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(It's currently hiding)​

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kernel​

A refresher from slayher:
    "This (included/stock) kernel has been patched with a backport of the .35 kernel in order for USB tethering and mounting to work. Flash a different kernel, and those features break. Period.
    Second, the kernel that is provided is what we have found to be the most capable, but most stable kernel for the most people. We are not using highly customized kernels with every acronym you can think of because we are going for maximum compatibility."

Currently, there are a few alternatives that don't break things.

Incredible list of 2.6.37.xx kernels by galaara98
    Universal kernel mirror by galaara98

[KERNEL] Incredikernel by chad0989

[KERNEL] Tiamat by Cayniarb

[KERNEL] Invisiblek's

[MOD]viperMOD for AOSP Kernels by -viperboy-

Themes/Mods:​

Careful with these. They may work with one version, but not the next. As always, nandroid first.

[THEME]DARKGINGER "formally DarkFroyo" by djdarkknight96

[THEME]GB: The way it should have been | [MODs] Battery mods by AdhvanIt
    Beautiful Icon Theme by Adhvanit

[THEME]Minimalist by david1171

[THEME]Honeycomb by haxzamatic

[THEME]Rover's Mix by rover.prince

[THEME]RedBread by slayher (whoever that guy is) is available on the Market for free, and a donate version. *hint, hint, nudge, nudge*

[SPLASH]CM7 Splash Screen by lioryte

[MOD]CM7 Lockscreen Rings by synisterwolf and IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo

[MOD]Battery mods by mattyg151

[MOD] Mattyg, UserJF, Battery Mods, AudioBoost, Camera Shutters, Data Throttle, More! by userjf

This one will force close your Mobile Network Settings:
    [MOD]Data Throttle Remover by driphter
    More info at: [MOD] Uncapped Data For Your ROMS (Skyraider, Virtuous, OMGB, ETC)

[THREAD] T-Mobile Theme Chooser For CM7 / Percentage icons by aalopez10

Known Issues/Bugs

Per slayher: "Sometimes things are going to break, sometimes features are going to be removed, then added, then removed, then added back."
    Just because it works in one build, doesn't mean it's going to work in the next.
    TV-Out doesn't work on CM7 or any AOSP ROM
    720P video recording
    Blue tooth acting wonky (there's a fix listed below in the FAQ)
    Sometimes downloads appear unsuccessful
    Theme Chooser causing WL widgets to disappear
    FAQ

Q: What's the ETA on....about how long till...when can I expect....?
    A: The only rule of CyanogenMod: You don't ask for ETAs.

Q: Now that the Ice Cream Sandwich SDK has dropped, we're getting a port, right?!
    A: Take a look at this PSA by Keyan Mobil

Q: What's this CM7.1, Android 2.3.7 business?
    A: The nightlies are built on CM7.1, which is Android 2.3.7, while the RC's (so far) are built on Android 2.3.3. Do NOT downgrade without a full wipe.

Q: How do I install CM7, coming from non-CM7?
    A: From ciwrl, Head Moderator at http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/ "As we start the RC phase of CM7, many of you are now taking the leap from CM6 stable to the new RC's. Some of you may be able to get away with doing this without a wipe; however, most of you will not be that lucky. Differences in the rom, files system, and even Google Addons will likely throw most of you into boot loops. Therefore, here is my recommended upgrade path:
    1) Nandroid backup your current rom
    2) Update your recovery to the latest available (CWR is my choice)
    3) Format system via recovery
    4) Wipe/Factory reset
    5) Flash CM7 then Google addon

If any of you have data that you must absolutely save, then and only then should you use Titanium backup (or other backup apps) to restore your data. Please be sure not to restore any data to /system using these apps, as this will mostly likely corrupt your ROM and/or Market."

Granted the above method says from CM6 to CM7, but it pretty much applies to any non-CM7 to CM7.

Q: How do I update from RC to nightly, stable to nightly, nightly to nightly, (basically, forwards) etc?
    A: The safest (definitely not the only, but my preferred) way is
    Download ROM with Rom Manager Premium.
    Do not install with Rom Manager
    Reboot into recovery.
    Make a backup/nandroid (to be safe)
    Wipe Cache
    Wipe Dalvik
    Install Zip from SDCard
    Nightly at /sdcard/clockworkmod/download/mirror.teamdouche.net/get/inc/
    /Gapps at sdcard/clockworkmod/download/goo-inside.me/google-apps/
    Reboot
    Enjoy

Q: How about that 720P? I hear it's handy.
    A: Per slayher, "720P recording will not be coming to CM7 at this time. We *MAY* see it later if we get an HTC GB leak, using an MSM device (aka not omap). But for now, if you HAVE to have 720P recording, stick with CM6. The issue is that GB uses stagefright, and the hack it took to get 720p in CM6 wont work with stagefright. (it was done in opencore.) This is why we cant get it. The current driver implementation we have to work with is just not capable. So there you go, you can stop wondering/asking/hoping."

Q: How about CWM3/5? I'm having a problem where....
    A: Try deleting the current recovery first.

Q: How do I fix the space error that pops up when I try to install some apps?
    A: Per slayher, "If you get a Space error trying to install apps, just try installing again. I have encountered this error also and it is not related to actual free space, (unless you have a cubic crap ton (crapton * crapton * crapton) of apps installed)."

Q: How do I disable the shutter sound?
    A: Per mattyg151, "I used root explorer to rename /system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg to camera_click!.ogg ... no more camera shutter sound."
    There is also an option at Menu > Settings > CyanogenMod setting > Sound > Mute camera shutter

Q: How do I increase the WiFi scan time to save battery life?
    A: Per karnovaran, "One way to reduce battery drain is to increase the WiFi scan interval. It's set to 45 seconds, meaning it will scan every 45 seconds. If you change it to something like 90, obviously it will scan less often and use less battery. To do this, you have to edit the build.prop file in /system. The easiest way is with Root Explorer. Go to /system, mount r/w, open the build.prop in text editor and locate "wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=45" Change that value to 90 or whatever you want. Save the file, mount back to r/o, and reboot."

Q: Those automatic brightness settings are confusing. Anyone know of a good setting/rough guide?
    A: This thread looks useful. So does this post

Q: How does that brightness slider thingey-majib work?
    A: Per byrong "For those of you trying to figure out the new brightness-adjust-via-statusbar feature, do the following:
    1. Settings > CM Settings > Interface > Status Bar Tweaks > StatusBar brightness (I'm guessing you guys already figured this part out)
    2. Here's the trick: place your finger on the status bar, but don't drag it down. It will still 'peek' out some, but now you'll want to slowly drag your finger to the left or right while keeping it on the status bar itself. If you drag left, the screen will get darker; right for bright."

Q: I can't send no fancy mms picture messages!
    A: Change you APN settings manually, (a popular way is to use GoSMS). MMSC: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms MMS proxy: leave empty MMS port: 80 Any more I should add? Let me know.

Q: My bluetooth isn't working right.
    And what does Mr. CUViper have to say about it?
    For a fix, CUViper made a patch, and I added it to the stock cm kernel, and here's the 10/08 incredikernel: 2.6.38.8-incredikernel-gb-11042011.zip
    If you need it on a different kernel, let me know.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credits/Thanks​

All credit goes to the CM team, and especially our DInc maintainers, as listed by the CyanogenMod site: jistone (aka CUViper), slayher, and of course, Koush.
    Also, a huge thanks goes to sykopompos (formerly gridlock32404) for hosting the unofficial nightly/hourly "Crackflasher Builds" and keeping the crackflashers happy with 4+ builds a day. Good times, good times.

Anyone I miss?
    720P aint gonna happen.

Here is an update for everyone, Please updated the OP! Cause we all know people read the OP.

720P recording will not be coming to CM7 at this time. We *MAY* see it later if we get an HTC GB leak, using an MSM device (aka not omap). But for now, if you HAVE to have 720P recording, stick with CM6.

The issue is that GB uses stagefright, and the hack it took to get 720p in CM6 wont work with stagefright. (it was done in opencore.) This is why we cant get it. The current driver implementation we have to work with is just not capable.

So there you go, you can stop wondering/asking/hoping.

And BTW I am OK after the accident, just not the Van. I think its going to be one of those face f*cks where we are within ~$200 of being totaled, so they will wanna fixit. WTF. FAIL. FML.
    Alright, alot going on here. Lets clear a couple things up.

1. Nightly builds are optional. No where near required. Nightly builds are a beta test that gets released early. Its not possible for us the devs and maintainers to test every little aspect of the ROM. So we release nightlys to get some input/test the waters of the new stuff getting integrated. This is why you only see bug reports being accepted for RC's (aka rc1).

2. Part of the reason Build Bot died and nightlys aren't being pumped out religiously is due to the shear number of devices we build for now. The build bot could not maintain a connection to the server and was failing miserably. Alot of work went into getting it fixed, and is still being looked at.

3. If you look at review.cyanogenmod.com you will notice merges are happening alot slower now. Most stuff now is translations, and a few device specific fixes, and maybe a bug fix here or there. For most of us, nightly builds at this point would be the same for a few days anyway.

4. Everyone that is part of the CM team, has other **** too, full time jobs, families, hell I myself have 5 kids, a pregnant wife and am in the military. I cant tell you the amount of times I have been in hot water with the wife, trying to get fixes/new kernels/etc out to gerrit, and ultimately you guys. (<-This used to be a daily basis btw)

5. Remember what your phone is for ;) . Its for entertainment, phone calls (? wtf is that right?) Txts, pictures, video, the list goes on. Its nice for it to be like xmas morning waiting to see what new features you get to unwrap, but between builds/releases enjoy your phone!

6. Try to keep in mind how awesome CM is. To give some perspective, think about how many devs/roms/whatever they are "require" donations for early builds or "subscriber" builds. If you want beta it requires a $5 donation. And then also notice how many of those guys use CM as the base, whether they admit it or not. :D

I guess the overall point here is, enjoy your phone, and xmas will come eventually. Waiting a day or 2 more for a build is not going to kill you. :p BTW you guys flash 5 times more than I do lol. And I am the one trying to get the DINC fully functional haha!
    if you're bored how about some help on the auto backlight settings?

The ones I got from the thread in the OP:

Automatic backlight
    Light Sensor filter
    Enable check
    WIndow lenght 60s
    Reset threshold 800 lux
    Sample interval 2s

Light levels
    Use custom check
    Screen dim level 20 (default)

Edit other levels...
    0 30
    85 45
    160 55
    193 60
    225 75
    273 80
    320 82
    480 84
    640 86
    960 88
    1280 90
    1940 92
    2600 94
    4200 96
    5800 98
    6900 120
    8000 150
    9120 175
    10240 255
    (buttons, the first two are 255, all others are 0)

Allow light decrease check
    Decrease hysteresis 50%

This is more or less from the post in the OP. I haven't spent enough time to tweak to my liking,
    Ok guys try this out. Not sure how long my DropBox will handle the load,

2.6.37 Beta Kernel MD5 Sum 558eb7a998ec56d8b8bbbe1a3d46f86a

Kernel Source

Maybe add it to the OP also. test it out, abuse it, See what happens.

As usual I am not responsible for any pregnancies (except my wife) stolen left shoes, or damage to your phone.

You can toss input to @layherdaddy on twitter, or here.

AND.. I dont know if/when this will get merged into nightlys or CM7. This is mainly a wide scale testing run. I want this to be done right not just **** thrown together.

Thanks!
    Slayher