[ROM] Miui V3 2.4.20 [U8800][discontinued]

Search This thread

sbasil

Aug 2, 2011
Espoo
Sorry for the off topic, but talking about Aurora..

Dzo just released a 3.0.8 kernel! Very stable, indeed. Look at my sig

Nice...How's the Aurora been treating you so far? Is it difficult to use and adopt after Miui? And is it smooth & fast? I might want want to try it soon too...before I get my Raspberry Pi :)

Last edited:
Nice...How's the Aurora been treating you so far? Is it difficult to use and adopt after Miui? And is it smooth & fast? I might want want to try it soon too...before I get my Raspberry Pi :)
Well, because it's like a stock rom, the "after-miui" it's always a little confusing. Most because after-miui is confusing to use all other roms :p

With the 3.0.8 it's finally VERY smooth, very fast, no lag at all, gorgeous.

However, some things still drains battery, like mobile data (2g or 3g). I haven't tested properly the new wlan drivers with the 3 kernel, because I flashed it like an hour ago, but it seems that is improved!

sbasil

Aug 2, 2011
Espoo
Well, because it's like a stock rom, the "after-miui" it's always a little confusing. Most because after-miui is confusing to use all other roms :p

With the 3.0.8 it's finally VERY smooth, very fast, no lag at all, gorgeous.

However, some things still drains battery, like mobile data (2g or 3g). I haven't tested properly the new wlan drivers with the 3 kernel, because I flashed it like an hour ago, but it seems that is improved!

Ok, I'm glad to hear that it's evolving...FAST! :) I wonder where all the GB devs are hiding...I'd still like to see the GB Miui running error free....I don't mind de/recompiling and updating the apk's, but the kernel & other hw related stuff,for me, is almost a bit like nuclear physics is to a pig -incomprehensible. :D

edit: this is funny...the backlight for softkeys started to work normally after a short Aurora expirement (installed Miui back and now it works like a charm). :)

Last edited:

Typhoon_PT

Sep 6, 2011
Ok, thanks anyway... I would like to use your rom, but without wifi it's not useless. Maybe Someone with skills could made a solution that works in every .35 rom's 'cause there are a few friends like me that have this problem, or contact dzo to know how he made it. The challenge is launched!!!! :D (unfortunately I don't have skills even to try!)

not only I have this isue,
It would be great if someone could help.

Sent from my U8800 using Tapatalk

A.C.A.B.

Feb 4, 2012
**** Town
I notice this weekend that over night the always loosed between 15-20% battery.
I note that is not going into deep sleep.

darkweather

Oct 11, 2011
when i was using b5xx phone battery was lasting at least 2 days. but with any miui (and both geno and unn kernel) it lasts max 1 day. i want to use miui so is there a solution for this?

Unrealized

Dec 19, 2011
Music player crashes very often. Attached some logcat output as it's annoying me a lot :(

Hope there is something someone could do.

Code:
04-02 08:10:48.895 W/AudioService(  257):   AudioFocus   audio focus client died
04-02 08:10:48.895 I/AudioService(  257):  AudioFocus  abandonAudioFocus(): removing entry for android.media.AudioManager@405d3d70com.miui.player.MediaPlaybackService$10@405d2e78
04-02 08:10:48.895 I/ActivityManager(  257): Process com.miui.player (pid 3597) has died.

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    41.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Info.txt
    5 KB · Views: 1

darkweather

Oct 11, 2011
For starters, calibrate your battery. For me the battery lasts pretty well.

i did calibrated several times. (ful charge while phone is open, then power off charge about 30 mins. then wipe battery stats | something like this.) but it didn't work. can you offer any other way to calibrate? (by the way i also used an app like "miui calibrate battery" or something.)

sbasil

Aug 2, 2011
Espoo
i did calibrated several times. (ful charge while phone is open, then power off charge about 30 mins. then wipe battery stats | something like this.) but it didn't work. can you offer any other way to calibrate? (by the way i also used an app like "miui calibrate battery" or something.)

Well ummm....I guess it's not that then...Get some sort of a battery stats program and see what's causing your battery to drain so quick...

sbasil

Aug 2, 2011
Espoo
Music player crashes very often. Attached some logcat output as it's annoying me a lot :(

Hope there is something someone could do.

Code:
04-02 08:10:48.895 W/AudioService(  257):   AudioFocus   audio focus client died
04-02 08:10:48.895 I/AudioService(  257):  AudioFocus  abandonAudioFocus(): removing entry for android.media.AudioManager@405d3d70com.miui.player.MediaPlaybackService$10@405d2e78
04-02 08:10:48.895 I/ActivityManager(  257): Process com.miui.player (pid 3597) has died.

Install this in CWM and see if the problem still continues:

http://www.mediafire.com/?qkm2iqb62g02ybd

Last edited:

fjsferreira

Nov 16, 2009
Ponta Delgada
Xiaomi Mi 11i

People, the battery calibration is a myth, it does nothing to improve battery it just wipes stats information, that is, what battery percentage an app has used (this info is available in the battery info screen of most ROMs)

Sent from my U8800

Triflot

Sep 17, 2011
People, the battery calibration is a myth, it does nothing to improve battery it just wipes stats information, that is, what battery percentage an app has used (this info is available in the battery info screen of most ROMs)

Sent from my U8800

And, in fact, the stats are wiped automatically every time your battery charge reaches 100%.

Unrealized

Dec 19, 2011
It still crashes when pressing EQ. Will see if it crashes during playback, though.

Sent from my Huawei Ideos X5 using XDA

Unrealized

Dec 19, 2011
It seems to crash the stock player too, on track change sometimes. Strange. Will check if changing language has any effect :)

sbasil

Aug 2, 2011
Espoo
It seems to crash the stock player too, on track change sometimes. Strange. Will check if changing language has any effect :)

Mine works ok even without the "patch" (it was just the player from previous Miui)....Try fixing permissions....Other than that, well I just don't know....It's hard to replicate and fix the problem since it works well for me. :)

Unrealized

Dec 19, 2011
It works in English. Something messy with finnish UI I suppose? :)

sbasil

Aug 2, 2011
Espoo

Attachments

• 19800106_003404.jpg
    19800106_003404.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 20120402_133605.jpg
    20120402_133605.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [DISCONTINUED]

7111184563_e3b9cabf9b_b.jpg

ABOUT THE ROM

• Based on miuiandroid.com's 2.4.20 (Desire S)
    • Kernel version: ezet@u8800 [ [max OC 1800MHz][.32] by ezet
    • Works with Atmel & Synaptics touchscreens
    • vsync on (fps locked)
    • USB tethering works
    • WIFI tethering works, thanks to ezet
    • Everything should pretty much work
    • Official development has ended, so what you see is pretty much what you get. Don't expect big "new feature" updates.

FEATURES & PRE-INSTALLED APPS

REQUIREMENTS
    • U8800 only, NOT U8800 PRO or -51
    • 2.6.32 based ROM installed before you install this one[either official or .32 based custom ROM]
    • While it's not required, I strongly recommend making a backup of your IMEI before installing ANY ROM.
      There's a thread about it HERE
    • CWM 5.0.2.3 & 5.0.2.6

INSTALLATION / CLICK HERE FOR FINNISH
    1. Reboot to CWM
    2. Do a factory reset & format dalvik cache
    3. Install the ROM
    4. Reboot CWM if you're installing updates

DOWNLOAD MIUI

UPDATES [latest update has all previous updates]
    • Update V1.1:
      fixes system sounds [enables the camera shutter sound (which you can disable from the camera app of course)]
      ringtone fix (enables the phone to ring more than once)

• Update 1.2:
      minor changes in init.d folder [better memory usage (?), some scripts removed...]

• Update 1.3:
      updated hosts-file http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

• Update 1.4: DOWNLOAD HERE or HERE [for people using the minmax governor]
      updated Bluetooth [libs&conf files]

• Update 1.4a: DOWNLOAD HERE or HERE [for people using the minmax governor]
      double entries removed from the build.prop

• New full version 1.5
      Ezet's new "stock" kernel # 3
      All previous updates
      Added AppDrawer (much better alternative than the one MIUI Control panel comes with)
      Solid Explorer updated

• Version 1.51 changelog
      Full version & update for 1.50
      VPN errors fixed
      MIUI stats app removed
      AppDrawer replaced with Organized Drawer (less FCs, more stable...hopefully)
      download the patch HERE [~300kB] or the full version for a clean install HERE [~130MB]

PATCHES

KNOWN BUGS & FIXES/WORKAROUNDS

• When you're setting up your email, do it when the UI language is English. For some reason the email app
      might end up in a loop if you set it up using some other language. After you've set it up and
      started it once, you can change the UI language and it'll work OK.

• Top-Bar battery indicator won't show
      fix: 1. choose "Top-Bar" battery indicator 2. start MIUI control panel
      --> Statusbar Options --> Battery Options --> turn show battery OFF and back ON.

• NOTE: You can use other launchers if you dislike MIUI's native launcher.

LINKS

THANKS
    7111157845_34a600b985_b.jpg

PREVIOUS [DISCONTINUED] VERSIONS

Requirements:

- U8800 only, NOT U8800 PRO or -51

- 2.6.35 based ROM [GB] installed before you install this one[either official or custom ROM]

- While it's not required, I strongly recommend making a backup of your IMEI before installing ANY ROM.

- CWM 5.0.2.7 & 5.5.0.4

MIUI 2.4.20 MULTILINGUAL [.35]

download: http://www.mediafire.com/?0ffv1q5l4afa2bf [R6.0 SP3] [~ 127 MB]

About the ROM:

- .35 kernel by Unnles, Atmel problems fixed but has still sensor lag issues & "pixel jump bug" which makes scrolling rough (even original .35 ROMs seemed to have the same issue)
    - slightly faster than its .32 counterpart, might even have better camera libs

ADDITIONAL DOWNLOADS:

Disable SIM Network PIN unlock code request [for unlocked phones]
    download: http://www.mediafire.com/?z3krifoo6856rw2

Enable SIM Network PIN unlock code request [if you accidentally installed the patch above and don't have 3G or network]
    download: http://www.mediafire.com/?6gmin5vl77dcg8q

Volume rocker wakeup
    download: http://www.mediafire.com/?8n8cwm29fgugdpf

vsync settings:

1. vsync OFF: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yds4eh88c2e7nv3

2. vsync ON: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0gshjaoa66r3zjw [default]

MIUI 2.4.13 FINAL MULTILINGUAL [.35]

download: http://www.mediafire.com/?14n2oqno5a7df9m
    It's time to end this project on my behalf. Summer vacation is closing in on me fast and I'm planning not to spend it on front of my computer. If anyone wants to take over and take this ROM even further (it really isn't quite there yet), please feel free & go right ahead. Thanks to everybody for all the feedback, testing and help. Have a good summer y'all! :)
    NEW: MIUI-32-ProjectX [X stands for experiment :p] [May 24 2012]

download: http://www.mediafire.com/?c7aqeo41yx5t36x

I don't know how stable this ROM is which is the reason why I named it ProjectX. If the luck is on our side and it turns out to be stable and battery life is OK, I don't see any reason not to use this ROM instead of the .35 version (at least until the bugs get fixed). It has all the same stuff as its big brother (.35).

What's new & +/- compared to .35 ROM

new .32 kernel (ezet@u8800 #22)
    + no sensor lag
    + no PIN code bug (you can actually add it, change it, remove it...)
    + the UI feels smoother [doesn't jump 5 pixels at a time like .35]
    + youtube plays 720p&1080p content smoothly [even with vsync on]
    + force internal mic when headphones are connected should work (?)
    + Minecraft works again (HA :p)

- 3D is a little bit slower [lower Antutu scores with equal clock speeds]
    - need to install Froyo before you can install this [unless you already are on .32 ROM]
    - camera might not be as "good" as with .35
    - bright softkeys
    - I'm sure we'll find out more eventually :p
    Surprise!

Hello dear X5 users! I have a wonderful surprise! I compiled a MIUI (.35 kernel) with everything is fixed (like sensor lags) from my cm7 vendor files! aanndd in this base,you can use any kernel.I deleted app,fonts,framework,media,usr and META-INF folders so this isn't a installable ROM. I hope that sbasil will make a wonderful ROM to us with this base!

Download:http://code.google.com/p/forumber-projects-for-u8800/downloads/detail?name=MIUI_u8800_2.6.35_onlybase_forumber.zip&can=2&q=