ICS on Rogers Caller ID coming up as unknown

Search This thread

steeven01

Feb 4, 2011
Hey all,

I'm using mhx's stock debloated ICS rom flashed through CWM coming from SKYICE GB.

So far all my incoming calls are showing up as unknown since I flashed this rom. I haven't tried any of the other ICS roms as of yet. I'm with Rogers.

Is there a fix for this?

uhhdoug

Aug 24, 2010
london ontario
as a prev rogers rep i must ask the stupid but obv question
do you have call display or a valuepack?

I am running the smooth ics and no issues so far.

Last edited:

kr3w1337

Jan 7, 2009
Hey all,

I'm using mhx's stock debloated ICS rom flashed through CWM coming from SKYICE GB.

So far all my incoming calls are showing up as unknown since I flashed this rom. I haven't tried any of the other ICS roms as of yet. I'm with Rogers.

Is there a fix for this?

Reflash the modem? Maybe it will work...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

GillRulez

Nov 20, 2010
Last edited:

steeven01

Feb 4, 2011
I think it's something to do with ICS and not the modem because when I reflash skyice GB I didn't change the modem back and my caller ID started working again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

steeven01

Feb 4, 2011
I've been doing some searching and have found that rogers and fido are the only carriers that have caller id with name and number display. Other carriers just have caller id with number display. Problems android users may experience are name/number coming up as unknown, pay phone, or has the number but says unknown name. Other android users have been fixing this problem by calling rogers and disabling name display leaving you with basic caller id which only shows the number if the person is not in your contacts list. If they are in your contacts list it will show their name aswell. I haven't tried this for myself though.

Common words that came up when I was searching this is RIL and CNAP (Call Name Presentation)

Another fix I was reading is that it has to be built into the rom to understand caller id with name display. On the Galaxy Nexus board they talking about something called CNAP. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1419175

I was thinking maybe pulling whatever it is that is needed from the rogers gingerbread rom and putting it into the ics rom to make it but work if that's even possible I have no idea.

I remember having this problem on my old LG EVE and the temporary fix was to call rogers and disable name display but I just waited for a fix instead.

Reactions: Chouie

whatlobster

Jun 5, 2011
LeeC's ICSradio.zip

I was having the same problem earlier after I flashed mhx's ICS-Superlite-4.2 with the radio included in that OP. The baseband came up but caller IDs didn't work. So I tried fixing it by flashing the Stock Bell Note radio I717MUGLA2, still nothing. And this time the baseband said unknown as well. But keep in mind both flashes had no problem with dialing and receiving calls. Just the caller IDs weren't coming up.

Finally I flashed LeeC's ICSradio.zip (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24140728&postcount=5), and accidentally clicked on fix permission in recovery, and now caller ID's working just fabulously. I'm not sure what exactly fixed it (LeeC's radio? Flashing ICSradio after the Bell one? Or randomly fixing permission?). Either way, something to try for my fellow Rogers people.

Reactions: JoeSmoo

kr3w1337

Jan 7, 2009
I was having the same problem earlier after I flashed mhx's ICS-Superlite-4.2 with the radio included in that OP. The baseband came up but caller IDs didn't work. So I tried fixing it by flashing the Stock Bell Note radio I717MUGLA2, still nothing. And this time the baseband said unknown as well. But keep in mind both flashes had no problem with dialing and receiving calls. Just the caller IDs weren't coming up.

Finally I flashed LeeC's ICSradio.zip (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24140728&postcount=5), and accidentally clicked on fix permission in recovery, and now caller ID's working just fabulously. I'm not sure what exactly fixed it (LeeC's radio? Flashing ICSradio after the Bell one? Or randomly fixing permission?). Either way, something to try for my fellow Rogers people.

So was it the radio or the permission that fixed it? It only happens to me when people call from landlines.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

whatlobster

Jun 5, 2011
So was it the radio or the permission that fixed it?

Can't tell ya. :confused: I flashed the radio and as I was navigating out of the touch recovery I accidentally clicked on fix permission. Not sure if it's the combination of both or one of them worked. I just tried calling my phone with landline and caller ID comes up fine now.

AlonB.

Mar 10, 2012
Toronto, ON
This is a good topic. Been having the same issue. This should've neen brought up in the ICS-Superlite thread though for better answers and results. I stumblled across this one by mistake

Last edited:

P0NDER0SA

Jan 14, 2011
I'm having the same issue on Rogers. I flashed NexusMod ICS on it last night (my second xda rom) and both have the same issue. I get about 30% of my callers showing up correctly, all the rest are "unknown".

Would love to know about a fix if anyone finds one. I will try that fix permissions fix in touch recovery.

update: The fix permissions did nothing :(

Last edited:

JoeSmoo

Mar 30, 2012
Calgary
Thanks All!
I had posted about this in a different forum but wasn't getting any replies.

I can Verify that if you call Rogers and ask to have the name portion excluded from the caller ID this problem is fixed. Just called and while I got a few questions as to why they were able to do it and now numbers show up!

YEAH!!! Thanks so much steeven01

Last edited:
Reactions: DouglasK

steeven01

Feb 4, 2011
Can't tell ya. :confused: I flashed the radio and as I was navigating out of the touch recovery I accidentally clicked on fix permission. Not sure if it's the combination of both or one of them worked. I just tried calling my phone with landline and caller ID comes up fine now.

It works fine for landlines with me too but calls from other cell phones always come up unknown.

I've tried what you said you did and no luck I've tried with the Note I717MUGLA2 modem and it gets no signal and is unknown baseband, I've tried with the new Note UCLC5 ICS modem no luck with caller id but everything else worked fine, I tried the original rogers modem but it gets no signal and is unknown baseband. I've tried fixing permissions after each modem and no luck. Are you sure your caller id is working for you when you receive calls from cell phones?

I think I'm just going to get rid of the damn name display.

Also no problem JoeSmoo I'm glad I finally helped someone on these forums.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been doing some searching and have found that rogers and fido are the only carriers that have caller id with name and number display. Other carriers just have caller id with number display. Problems android users may experience are name/number coming up as unknown, pay phone, or has the number but says unknown name. Other android users have been fixing this problem by calling rogers and disabling name display leaving you with basic caller id which only shows the number if the person is not in your contacts list. If they are in your contacts list it will show their name aswell. I haven't tried this for myself though.

Common words that came up when I was searching this is RIL and CNAP (Call Name Presentation)

Another fix I was reading is that it has to be built into the rom to understand caller id with name display. On the Galaxy Nexus board they talking about something called CNAP. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1419175

I was thinking maybe pulling whatever it is that is needed from the rogers gingerbread rom and putting it into the ics rom to make it but work if that's even possible I have no idea.

I remember having this problem on my old LG EVE and the temporary fix was to call rogers and disable name display but I just waited for a fix instead.
    LeeC's ICSradio.zip

So was it the radio or the permission that fixed it? It only happens to me when people call from landlines.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    So was it the radio or the permission that fixed it?

This is a good topic. Been having the same issue. This should've neen brought up in the ICS-Superlite thread though for better answers and results. I stumblled across this one by mistake