[ROM][4.4.3] CyanogenMod 11 for HTC One S

Search This thread

usaff22

Nov 8, 2011
Unfortunately, Maps has stopped.
----
@usaff22 please check your PM.

Testing it now. Stuck on the boot animation, but I didn't wipe system - I'm guessing that's why.

Edit: Wiped system, still not booting. Trying without full PA gapps now.

Edit 2: Still not booting. Seems like a no go. Other people should try it though, in case I'm the only one with the issues.

:(

Last edited:
Reactions: RockR172

RockR172

Jun 12, 2011
Testing it now. Stuck on the boot animation, but I didn't wipe system - I'm guessing that's why.

Edit: Wiped system, still not booting. Trying without full PA gapps now.

Edit 2: Still not booting. Seems like a no go. Other people should try it though, in case I'm the only one with the issues.

:(

Damn it.. I don't think it will boot for them either..
Looks like I'll just have to upgrade my HBOOT and get it tested.. :(

Thanks for testing man.. :)

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

usaff22

Nov 8, 2011

No problem mate, glad to help ;)

Thanks for trying anyway though, really appreciate it. Maybe you should just concentrate on HBOOT 2.16, there are a couple of other working 4.4 ROMs for 2.15 anyway lol

Edit: Halt halt! lol.

I booted into Sense 5 and some of my data was still there (some apps stay, whilst others are gone)? I made sure to wipe data in CWM??? This is confusing.

Last edited:

adamfirari

Feb 4, 2012

i installed latest one with full pa gapps and it booted fine but still there is no sound .just unlock sound is there. i am on hboot 2.16

usaff22

Nov 8, 2011
It's booted
sound works
awesomeeeee

edit: camera doesn't work and I have switched to GoogleDialer instead of the AOSP one. Still trying to get Contacts to work after these modifications.

Last edited:

arsenalfreak

Sep 3, 2010
I'm on hboot 2.16 and modified twrp from maximus, do I have to change recovery ?

Gesendet von meinem HTC One S

Last edited:

usaff22

Nov 8, 2011
how to install google dialer.

Get the app from a Nexus 5 ROM and install the APK

@everyone, calling works as with sound, but the incoming call screen does not show up unfortunately. This makes it impossible to answer a call, and also see when you are calling someone (e.g you can hear the ringer but nothing comes up on the screen, just the last screen you were on)

Camera doesn't work either, but it's a great and extremely stable beta. I tried many things to get it to reboot, but it was solid as a rock.

Edit: Incoming call works now, never mind. It was because of using GoogleDialer instead of the AOSP one. Will try and look for a fix soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: rosswhite

benJX

Dec 16, 2010
Thx for the rom :good: I will test it soon.
Q : Gapps are compatible for the 2.16 hboot version ?

stefannsv

Mar 29, 2006
Egglkofen
After a little bit Testing (hboot 2.16), I think it's a very good alpha version.
For Me the only one thing who makes me sad:
the sound, with implemented player! the mp3 sound is very ugly.

sorry 4 my bad english...:silly:

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Can't get past boot screen. Hboot 2.16 with cmw 6.0.4.4

after flashing the rom and apps, You must go in the fastboot mode and flash the extracted boot.img aigan.

arsenalfreak

Sep 3, 2010
After a little bit Testing (hboot 2.16), I think it's a very good alpha version.
For Me the only one thing who makes me sad:
the sound, with implemented player! the mp3 sound is very ugly.

sorry 4 my bad english...:silly:

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

after flashing the rom and apps, You must go in the fastboot mode and flash the extracted boot.img aigan.
My One S is s-off

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

CyanogenMod 11 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.4.3 (KitKat) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Index:
    1st Post: Official Nightlies for HBOOT 2.15
    2nd Post: Unofficial Builds for HBOOT 2.16
    3rd Post: Changelog

Installation Instructions (These are all required)
    • Download or Build from Source
    • Download Gapps
    • Wipe Data
    • Flash ROM in Recovery
    • Flash Gapps in Recovery
    • Incase you don't have S-OFF, fastboot flash boot boot.img

Not Working:
    • You tell me

Downloads (HBOOT 2.15):
    Official Nightly Builds HBOOT 2.15 Only.
    Google Apps

Recovery (HBOOT 2.15):
    Beginning with nightly 20140501, several HTC devices are being transitioned to a new fstab layout. This will not affect your data. This change requires kernel support in recovery for CyanogenMod packages to install. Your current recovery is almost guaranteed to not support this change, yet... welcome to bleeding edge!
    Please read THIS
    TWRP | Mirror

Credits:
    intervigil, h8rift, xkonni, toastcfh, deck, rohan32, flemmard and all the HTC-MSM8960 Team Members.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 11, ROM for the HTC One S

Contributors
    RockR172, intervigil
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Hboot 2.15.xx, S-OFF, Unlocked Bootloader, Custom Recovery
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2013-11-15
    Last Updated 2014-06-09
    CyanogenMod 11 for HBOOT 2.16

CyanogenMod 11 is now available for HBOOT 2.16

NOTICE: Due to lack of free time and also not owning an HTC One S anymore, I can no longer compile builds for HBOOT 2.16.
    Worry not, @cikoleko does Nightly builds for HBOOT 2.16 which can be found HERE
    Changelog:

Latest, more accurate Changelog for Nightlies/Unofficial Builds can now be found HERE.

cm-11-20131207-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source
    • Android 4.4.1

cm-11-20131206-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip

cm-11-20131202-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source
    • Hardware Button Configuration is now back

cm-11-20131129-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source

cm-11-20131125-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM Source - New boot animation and more stuff!

cm-11-20131122-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Latest CM source - Re-introduces Quick Settings and Notification drawer settings
    • Other misc changes to device and kernel sources
    • AOSP release 4.4_r1.2 KRT16S

cm-11-20131119-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Can now be flashed on regular recoveries like TWRP
    • Cherry picked new Audio patches
    • Latest CM source

cm-11-20131117-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Camera App now actually works
    • Some other fixes

cm-11-20131116-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • Audio Fixed
    • Bluetooth Works
    • Video Playback

cm-11-20131115-UNOFFICIAL-ville.zip
    • First Release
    • Fixed SD Card
    • Fixed WiFi
    Okay, with a heavy heart I have to say that I can no longer do builds for hboot 2.16.
    I have too much college work, assignments, practicals n stuff and can't afford to spend time compiling builds in Linux.. :(
    I did try to do builds past few days, but couldn't..
    My advice is, downgrade your hboot to 2.15 and get daily official builds from CyanogenMod. It is not really that difficult/scary to downgrade. I have done it a couple of times when i wanted to test my hboot 2.16 builds when i was on hboot 2.15.
    Also, if anyone wants to do builds for 2.16 feel free to post it in the thread..
    Sorry guys, I tried my best. :)
    Big ups to intervigil and rest of the CM team, you guys rock! \o/ \m/
    Not sure I said that exactly, but I think that support for our device is definitely a low priority since our maintainer was hired by CM and likely spends most of his time on tasks that bring in revenue. As it stands now, it doesn't seem we will ever get a stable release, so will be stuck here in xda purgatory complaining back and forth about the same things until we can afford to get a pure AOSP device and give up the crack flashing life.

It's kind of disheartening to see so many people ascribe so many shady ulterior motives to the company (we have no plans for world domination, and it really is discouraging to see so many people knee-jerk react negatively), but ville support hasn't been so great lately, so I figure I owe you an explanation.
    CM Inc is my day job, device support mostly remains a side project for me. The company and open source organization (which are two separate things) has little to do with deciding which devices get support, and to what degree. Device maintainers are largely responsible for the kernels and device trees that actually determine how well most of the device hardware is supported.