Viper4G 4.0.0 | Sense 5.5 | Android 4.3 | March 25th

Search This thread
G

GuestK0087

Must be nice.. I've flashed just about all aosp and sense roms and only had one or two flash on the first try..

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Same here. Not a big deal but I'm wondering if switching to Captain's new build of TWRP might fix that issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gstanke

Dec 21, 2013
Flint
Same here. Not a big deal but I'm wondering if switching to Captain's new build of TWRP might fix that issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I still have the reboot issue on Twrp 2.7.0.4b not a big deal since I'm not a flashaholic. Just reboot and flash again.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
I still have the reboot issue on Twrp 2.7.0.4b not a big deal since I'm not a flashaholic. Just reboot and flash again.

The correct procedure is still to full wipe, reboot recovery, then flash. You shouldn't be having issues if you're doing it that way (unless you're S-ON).

I've been expierencing a rare problem with heqs. Not sure why, but the toggles will begin to behave funny. Some break, some work but the indicator doesn't change, and others work just fine. Not exactly sure what I did to make it happen, seems random although I'm sure it's not.
I found a fix, which is to simply hold down the header for a couple seconds. Doesn't turn off heqs, simply fixes it. It may (Although I don't believe this is the case) have been due to not restarting the status bar or sense after adding the tweak, but I always do so....
Please respond if anyone else experiences this.

Sent from my "All New EVO"

Reactions: Vinchenzop

officiallytook

Sep 17, 2011
So.Cal.
Sup guys been gone awhile...and looking through this build I don't see if the multi user (for gaming) accounts are active in 4.3¿
I'm coming from decks CM.11 kitkat 4.4.2 I believe
Are their any 4.3 base ROMs with multi user account support active? Any help would be highly appreciated thank you guys for all you do.

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Basically want the updated partitions and the multi user accounts??

Last edited:

insanedeath44

Aug 31, 2010
For what device is the Rom for ? Sorry for the question .. HTC Evo 4g lte ?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

yankees2450

Mar 24, 2011
Great work OP n team:thumbup::thumbup:

More hope to this community. Thank you guys

drumwizard

Feb 3, 2013
I've been missing the old viper4g, time to get this thing going, thx for all the hard work you guys do for the community!

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

almony8

Dec 6, 2010
Google Pixel Fold
Is there an option for aosp recent apps style? I looked, but wondering if I missed it.

Also, do all of the status bar themes from the hub work?

Sent from my EVO using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Last edited:

iandmacdonald

Jun 10, 2010
As always, not a single issue with this rom. I don't run Sense (Apex Pro), but still smooth. A damn shame I have to abandon the phone soon for the M8.

Notorious

Aug 23, 2011
Sydney
Google Pixel 3 XL
OnePlus 9
Made me deactivate my s3 and reactivate the Evo to flash this ROM :thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1395800321398.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1395800321398.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 281

whbisondtr

Jun 20, 2012
After downgrading back to the 4.1/4, I had to re-update for this after trying your rom on the 4.1.. Glad I did! Just one small issue, and it may be user error, but the sound enhancement app is installed but not listed in the app drawer and I cannot find it in any of the menus. I did install v4a, uninstalled it thinking it was it, then tried a dirty flash and still can't get into it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    downloads.png

Full ROMs:

Viper4G 4.0.0

MD5: 461ef81fe81493be8968288f9fb7ef80

changelog.png

Viper4G 4.0.0
    • Initial Release

faq.png

1. When will the next version be released?
    Wrong question.​

2. How do I install the rom?!
    Viper4G Install Instructions

1. IF YOU HAVEN'T UPDATED TO THE LATEST FIRMWARE/RECOVERY FOLLOW THE NEXT TWO LINES EXACTLY!
    2. Please Follow Directions in Capt's thread here. (I recommend using the "4.13.651.4 Firmware + TWRP Recovery" file.
    3. Download the the latest Viper4G full ROM zip
    4. Place the file somewhere on your phone storage. Alternatively, if you have a USB OTG cable (I have this exact one), you can place the rom on a USB key (FAT32, NTFS are all supported).
    5. Confirm the MD5 on the download page matches the MD5 of the file on your phone (ES File Explorer will show the MD5 of the file)
    6. Reboot to TWRP Recovery
    7. Backup current ROM if desired
    8. Install ROM using TWRP and select wipe during aroma install if coming from another base
    9. Reboot and Enjoy

If Aroma hangs up, reboot your recovery by holding power until phone resets...then before it begins booting up, hold volume down, load into recovery and try again.

3. How do install OTA (Over-The-Air) updates?
    Settings - About - Software updates​

4. How do I restore my HEQS (Horizontal Enhanced Quick Settings)?
    Try long pressing the date in the notification bar (Pressing the date for about 2 seconds will toggle between HEQS, Quick Launch bar and "nothing")​

5. How do I make my device look like stock?
    To disable some of the tweaks, do the following:

1. Disable HEQS (Horizontal Enhanced Quick Settings): Long press the date in the notification bar for about 2 seconds to toggle between modes until it's hidden
    2. Disable Weather: Tweaks - Status Bar - Weather - Hide
    3. Disable Header Text (cpu usage, etc.): Tweaks - Status Bar - Header - Information - Hide
    4. Disable VEQS (Vertical Enhanced Quick Settings): Tweaks - Status Bar - Vertical quick settings - Disable

6. I have a problem with the ROM (FC, Boot Loop, apps closing automatically). How can I get my problem resolved?
    First things first. Try wiping data and replicating the issue:
    1. Rebooting into Recovery
    2. Perform a Nandroid backup (of just Data if you wish)
    3. Flash the ROM and select the option to "Wipe Data"
    4. Try replicating the issue

If the problem persists, capture a logcat and send it to me.

To capture a logcat, If you have fastboot setup, you already have the drivers installed and probably already have adb.exe in the same folder as fastboot.exe:

1. Open the Command Prompt (run it as Administrator if UAC is enabled in Windows)
    2. run adb logcat >c:\logcat.txt
    3. To capture an FC, use the command adb shell "logcat | grep AndroidRuntime" >c:logcat.txt
    4. Press Control-C to stop logging
    5. Paste the contents of c:\logcat.txt into http://pastebin.com
    6. Post the link here with the problem being experienced

If you still have the issue, check to see if it's been reported here and create a new incident if it already hasn't: http://venomroms.com/forums/project.php?projectid=14

7. Whats the md5 sum thing?
    It ensures, that the rom is downloaded correctly and completly to avoid weird issues when installing/using the rom. Google for "md5 sum checker" and you should find what you need.​

8. I found a theme or mod, will it work on this rom?
    It's NOT recommended to use mod/themes that dont clearly state, that they are compatible with our rom. Thems/Mods always use framework files which will brake mods/stuff in our rom.​

9. My question is not listed here, what to do?
    Ensure you used the xda search, google and your brain before asking a question in the thread. If you cant find an answer yourself we will answer your question for sure! (-:​

10. My media (pictures, music, etc.) is not listed in the Gallery/HTC Music/etc.
    Try rescanning your SDCARD by using an app such as Media Scanner

11. What are the correct sizes for custom carrier logo?
    Try 100x100​

12. Developer mode is no longer listed in Settings. How do I enable it?
    Go to Settings - About - Software information - More and click on the Build number 7 times. (For real! ;))​

13. Insufficient storage error on app update/install in play store

14. Where can I find themes for this ROM, besides the HUB?
    Jm@n has an official Viper4G 4.x.x Theme Thread found HERE

Signatures.png

13383875124_f3e43c0c18_o.png
    13383658183_be25454655_o.png
    I'll also be starting a new Viper4g 4.0.0 theme thread. All the Rosie/Prism theme apks are ok to use , but old 4g Statusbar themes will have to be redone , they will only change eqs icons and battery. HTC one sb themes will also work

Sent from ViperMax Sprint