(Guide) How to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T111

Search This thread

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
How to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Neo (Lite) SM-T111 (7.0 inch)

Just couple of days back I have made Prerooted Dr.Ketan custom ROM and many user asking about how to root SM-T111 so here describing simple method about how to root SM-T111.

1.Download tar version of SM-T110 TWRP which is working fine on T111. Here is original thread and you have to download This one. (select tar version NOT flashablbe zip). Thank to @gr8nole
2.Extract that recovery to get recovery.tar.md5
3.Flash this extracted file with Odin (PDA/AP tab)
4.Download SuperSU.zip and here is original thread of SuperSu by chainfire if you needs further info about SuperSU
5.Copy downloaded SuperSu file to Sd card
6.Reboot to recovery (Vol up+power+home)
7.select SuperSu zip and flash
Done !

Leos2Rubia

Apr 8, 2014
Model number SM-T111M
Android version 4.2.2
Baseband version T111MUBUANB3
Kernel versiom 3.4.5-2531780
will it work?

aqtums

Apr 13, 2014
Some problem

Model number SM-T111
Android version 4.2.2
Baseband version T111XXUANAC
Kernel versiom 3.4.5-2449362
Status TESTED ! AND WORK BUT STILL LOOP ON TWRP

usb debuger is on (before 2nd reset after installing superSU)
and now "adb" never detect my tab...cant use any adb command....

tested 2 time root 2 time stock recovery....

any idea ?
(i know my bad english but u surely understand i think) ;)

sushil888

Jul 10, 2012
Mumbai
how to enter stock recovery in sm t111
I tried various button combo's, , home+ power, etc. screen blink tablet shut down

razvanultra

Dec 11, 2011
Please help.
I'm stuck on boot loop in recovery, nothing it's working, everything I do(charge, reboot system) the tablet it's entering recovery mode. How can I put the stock recovery or anything else? Thankyou

Edit: dw stock recovey from here and flash again with odin, now it's booting

There is a bug: after flash super su, install back stock recovery and it's ok :)

Edit: Samsung GALAXY Tab3 Lite 7.0 3G SM-T111 Stock firmware for Romania

Last edited:

goofey2012

Mar 28, 2012
Switch of device
Press power +volume up +home
Once you see Samsung text logo on screen release power and keep holding other 2 button.
It will boot to recovery.
For download mode same way but use volume down in place of volume up.

Note: don't reboot to recovery mode , if you want to recovery mode just turn off and use power + vol up + home

Karansinger

Nov 1, 2013
Gwalior
Multi Window files needed!!!!!!!!

Just couple of days back I have made Prerooted Dr.Ketan custom ROM and many user asking about how to root SM-T111 so here describing simple method about how to root SM-T111.

1.Download tar version of SM-T110 TWRP which is working fine on T111. Here is original thread and you have to download This one. (select tar version NOT flashablbe zip). Thank to @gr8nole
4.Download SuperSU.zip and here is original thread of SuperSu by chainfire if you needs further info about SuperSU
Done !

Hello Dr.Ketan
i'm a beginner developer
i need a few files from tab 3 7 neo for porting multi window to various devices
if ur support is with me then please reply
or anyone else seeing this message would like to help that would be great

Reactions: tanmay1

donehello

Nov 20, 2008
Hi everybody,

I'm trying to root my T111 just updated with the latest official Samsung firmware (Sept 2014), now I correctly flashed recovery through Odin, but when I enter CWM and select supersu.zip to install it, it returns signature error...

Could it be related to the latest official rom?
Do I need a different supersu package (I downloaded the latest)?
I tried do download it few times, thinking about a corrupted zip, but it's intact...

Thanks in advance.

Danilo

EDIT: I follow xda since 2008, first post 6 years later... :p

Last edited:

donehello

Nov 20, 2008

Attachments

• wNSEqlUuu.jpg
    wNSEqlUuu.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 841
Last edited:

donehello

Nov 20, 2008
Your recovery seems stock only.

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda premium

Really?!

Odin said it worked...

By the way, I try again, should TWRP.2.7.0.1 and the latest Supersu work?

Thanks again.

P.S.: ketan, are you working on a new rom on this device? I'd like to have a clean naked one... :)

Last edited:

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Really?!

Odin said it worked...

By the way, I try again, should TWRP.2.7.0.1 and the latest Supersu work?

Thanks again.

P.S.: ketan, are you working on a new rom on this device? I'd like to have a clean naked one... :)
Use twrp one I have said in op.
I am busy with other development and no any plan to update rom for this device. One is based on previous version is there on Dev section. Basically this is not my primary device but only gaming device for my little kid. If I make any new version then will post in dev section.

donehello

Nov 20, 2008
Use twrp one I have said in op.
I am busy with other development and no any plan to update rom for this device. One is based on previous version is there on Dev section. Basically this is not my primary device but only gaming device for my little kid. If I make any new version then will post in dev section.

I know who you are ketan, already seen that thread, and that is not your primary device (actually is not my primary too). ;)

Thanks for your help, I did something wrong while rooting, I did it again and worked fine...

Thanks again.

All the best. :good:

H@lcon

Jan 17, 2014
All The Steps Followed But At The End , It's not booting in recovery .

Done !
Hello , I got a Galaxy Tab 3 Neo (SM-T111) , I followed your process for rooting my device , all steps followed and were going correct and i flashed recovery.tar.md5 file via odin but the problem is after flashing , and pressing power+vol up+home , I can't boot in recovery , I also left the power button when logo appears , but it goes black . And once it went to stock recovery I think and there were 2 error's (No Command and then simply Error) . Please a quick and fast answer will be thankfull.
Thanks in advance ,
[H]a!cON- :(

H@lcon

Jan 17, 2014
Can't boot in to recovery .

Done !

All steps followed correctly but when after falshing recovery.tar.md5 when i try to boot into recovery it shows up the logo then i remove my finger from power button then the screen goes black . Please Help :( !
Model - Galaxy Tab 3 Neo (Sm-T111)
Kerlel Version - 3.4.5-2698417
Baseband Version - T111XXUANF3.
Thanks in advance .
[H]a!cON-

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Hello , I got a Galaxy Tab 3 Neo (SM-T111) , I followed your process for rooting my device , all steps followed and were going correct and i flashed recovery.tar.md5 file via odin but the problem is after flashing , and pressing power+vol up+home , I can't boot in recovery , I also left the power button when logo appears , but it goes black . And once it went to stock recovery I think and there were 2 error's (No Command and then simply Error) . Please a quick and fast answer will be thankfull.
Thanks in advance ,
[H]a!cON- :(

I downloaded T110.CMW.v6.0.4.8.tar.md5 and flashed , not working !
Model - Galaxy Tab 3 Neo (Sm-T111)
Kerlel Version - 3.4.5-2698417
Baseband Version - T111XXUANF3.
Thanks in advance .
[H]a!cON-

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Done !
    Switch of device
    Press power +volume up +home
    Once you see Samsung text logo on screen release power and keep holding other 2 button.
    It will boot to recovery.
    For download mode same way but use volume down in place of volume up.

Your recovery is not updated and still stock.
    Open odin and uncheck Auto reboot. Flash recovery again and when flash Complete, manually reboot device to recovery and you will have custom recovery

Sent from my SM-N920I using xda premium
    Multi Window files needed!!!!!!!!

Done !

Hello Dr.Ketan
    i'm a beginner developer
    i need a few files from tab 3 7 neo for porting multi window to various devices
    if ur support is with me then please reply
    or anyone else seeing this message would like to help that would be great
    I cant quite remember exactly now but
    pretty sure I got my stock rom from - http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/
    booted phone into recovery then flashed the stock rom with odin

It looked slightly different that my original rom but worked fine