Pico hero Gsm Android 2.3.5 w/Sense 3.5 update 19.10.2011

Search This thread

dkelley

May 11, 2010
Maple Ridge (close to Vancouver)
the gsm hero xda community that has been reborn over the past few months is truly a great example of teamwork and good spirit.

I'm so proud to be a part of this community and only wish I had time to learn the hacking part of android firmware stuff like you folks have done.

Thank you all for continuing to push the limits of "the little engine that could" which is the GSM Hero 1XX.

Don

arnoslag

Jan 10, 2006
Losser
every one can learn it.
I started 3 month ago with a single port because de Dev. had no time and hero more.
At a normal work week i have maybe 1 sometimes 2 hours to spend at a day to work on a rom.
I learned it by reading a lot on this forum, not only the gsm hero thread but also hero cdma and htc magic ( t-mobile my touch ). Because the specs are almost the same then the hero gsm.
i use dsixda's kitchen to port a rom. it's easy and simplel to learn.
just give it a try !!

dkelley

May 11, 2010
every one can learn it.

yea, I know, I literally don't have time.
-- full time day job as a developer
-- secondary job as interactive sound/music developer for an android gaming company
-- 3 daughters aged 6/6/3
-- serious family priorities over the past month, still going on

But at some point I would like to get into this stuff for sure. Just that I've been saying that for a year and a half now without yet finding the time to do it LoL

I'm historically a pretty successful and serious hacker/developer but everything else has to come first.

arnoslag

Jan 10, 2006
Losser
ok little update
the rom is working know, i have to change a few small things.
Then i have to upload it , check in about hour then schould it be finished

Prof Peach

Sep 14, 2011
Morpeth UK
the gsm hero xda community that has been reborn over the past few months is truly a great example of teamwork and good spirit.

I'm so proud to be a part of this community and only wish I had time to learn the hacking part of android firmware stuff like you folks have done.

Thank you all for continuing to push the limits of "the little engine that could" which is the GSM Hero 1XX.

Don

+1. Wot he said.

Two boys, 6 and nearly 2 and a baby due tomorrow..... yes.... literally.
I'm enjoying this rom stuff as an un-winder in the evening.
Might have to look into porting..... dependant on sleep deprivation levels.

loco00

Jan 18, 2011
Kuantan
Ok this is a release from a port from the hero cdma
It's a beta release an need more work.
I will be working on this release, but if somebody will use it as a base for a new release
feel free to use it.
I'm not a Dev. so updates can take some take to release.

language:
wwe and more
keyboard has multi languages

This is the HTC Pico Explorer build with Android 2.3.5 w/Sense 3.5. Almost everything is working.

Credit to contactwajeeh (hero cdma ) Thread
and
idogx@diypda

Working:
WIFI
Calls
SMS
MMS (Not confirmed)
USB Storage
Market Fixed
Bluetooth ? ( not tested )
Camera
updated superuser

Notworking:
- Tell me

kernels:
Las Venturas - 2.6.35 kernel port for Hero 5.0
Multiupload

Las_Venturax-0.6.2.zip
Mediafire

Installation:

1. Wipe Data
2. Wipe Cache
3. Wipe Dalvik
4. Choose custom zip from sd-card and flash it
5. when it is finished flash the kernel of choice ( don't forget ,whithout wifi isn't working )
6. After flash it is desirable to allow time to restart and accelerate

update 19.10.2011
Merge with dastin's beta 4
Rosie transitions speeds sped up
some changes to the build.prop
Wildhero "WildApps" app drawer tab
Tweaks ramdisk Oom values for better multitasking
All apk's resigned (should help with the fc's)
English only ( will work tomorrow to add languages )

notice:
This is a quick port, will work on it tomorow add languages and other stuff.

Ermm.... I didn't see any link leads to the rom, just 2 links to kernels only.... :confused: Sorry, didn't see post number 47. lol sorry.

Last edited:

bharat_goku

Jun 7, 2011
Bangalore
ASUS ROG Phone 3
yea, I know, I literally don't have time.
-- full time day job as a developer
-- secondary job as interactive sound/music developer for an android gaming company
-- 3 daughters aged 6/6/3
-- serious family priorities over the past month, still going on

But at some point I would like to get into this stuff for sure. Just that I've been saying that for a year and a half now without yet finding the time to do it LoL

I'm historically a pretty successful and serious hacker/developer but everything else has to come first.

Sigh m pretty young here then....m 20 n I just started engineering last yr,got like 10hrs wasted to attend college n travel

Sent from my HERO
200 using XDA App

loco00

Jan 18, 2011
Kuantan

Thanks, i've tested it.

here's what i thought something need to be done, but not that important:

1) tabs in "Personalize", "Apps" can't be rearrange. they always revert back to it's own arrangement(if u open apps windows, arrange tabs then close it, open personalize windows, do the same, close it. reopen apps windows, tabs are revert back to it's original state, and so the personalize window.)

2) zoom in Camera/video still can't use.

Cheers.

Ciprilik

Aug 28, 2010
Piatra Neamt
ty arnoslag for the port ... Flashed the rom and Rosie is a bit faster indeed. Had missed a call because I couldn't answer it as I was holding the phone in my hand and it was frozen, only the ringtone was active, heavy Sense issue I know. LX 0.6.2 352-614 smartassV2.

Last edited:

loco00

Jan 18, 2011
Kuantan
hey arnoslag, when first I flashed the rom without flashing the supplied kernel, wifi can't use. When I flash the kernel, wifi can use but app drawer gives me "process com.htc.launcher" error, and then sense reloading. In short, I can't access all apps drawer. It occurs with either both of kernel(Venturas and Venturax) too.... what to do?

Edi: I reflash the rom, but I flash Las Venturax kernel instead of Las Venturas. And it works as it should be. Seems like Las Venturas kernel is the only problem on my phone.

Last edited:

slobo2712

Jul 24, 2011
Banja Luka, RS
hey arnoslag, when first I flashed the rom without flashing the supplied kernel, wifi can't use. When I flash the kernel, wifi can use but app drawer gives me "process com.htc.launcher" error, and then sense reloading. In short, I can't access all apps drawer. It occurs with either both of kernel(Venturas and Venturax) too.... what to do?

Edi: I reflash the rom, but I flash Las Venturax kernel instead of Las Venturas. And it works as it should be. Seems like Las Venturas kernel is the only problem on my phone.

same problem at me,does have any fix for this?

Last edited:

slobo2712

Jul 24, 2011
Banja Luka, RS
simple solution:

flash the rom then flash las venturax 0.6.2 from the link in the first post. works perfectly for me like that, no app drawer issues, no wifi issues.

this is definitely faster than previous versinos of any 3.5 sense rom. still not "fast" but much less slow LoL.

yes but when i restart phone again im getting process com.htc.launcher error when tap on all apps

dkelley

May 11, 2010
yes but when i restart phone again im getting process com.htc.launcher error when tap on all apps

oh, I haven't restarted yet. still doing initial google account sync which takes about half an hour. I never (if possible) stop this process since the phone runs like crap until it's done on all of these gb sense roms so I just want it done so I can get a real impression of the rom's speed.

once this sync is done I'll reboot and see if I get taht error also. hopefully not, but probably will based on what you've said. :-(

Reactions: slobo2712

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok this is a release from a port from the hero cdma
    It's a beta release an need more work.
    I will be working on this release, but if somebody will use it as a base for a new release
    feel free to use it.
    I'm not a Dev. so updates can take some take to release.And all credits go to the dev that made this possible

language:
    wwe and more
    keyboard has multi languages

This is the HTC Pico Explorer build with Android 2.3.5 w/Sense 3.5. Almost everything is working.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Credit to Team Hydra @ heroc thread ( dastin1015 and flashinglights )
    Thread
    ad every one that made this possible
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working:
    WIFI
    Calls
    SMS
    MMS (Not confirmed)
    USB Storage
    Market Fixed
    Bluetooth ? ( not tested )
    Camera
    updated superuser

Notworking:
    - Tell me
    rom:
    Mediafire
    kernels:
    Las Venturas - 2.6.35 kernel port for Hero 5.0
    Multiupload

Las_Venturax-0.6.2.zip
    Mediafire

Installation:

1. Wipe Data
    2. Wipe Cache
    3. Wipe Dalvik
    4. Choose custom zip from sd-card and flash it
    5. when it is finished flash the kernel of choice ( don't forget ,whithout wifi isn't working )
    6. After flash it is desirable to allow time to restart and accelerate

update 19.10.2011
    Merge with dastin's beta 4
    Rosie transitions speeds sped up
    some changes to the build.prop
    Wildhero "WildApps" app drawer tab
    Tweaks ramdisk Oom values for better multitasking
    All apk's resigned (should help with the fc's)
    English only ( will work tomorrow to add languages )

notice:
    This is a quick port, will work on it tomorow add languages and other stuff.
    i will give it a try tonight

Don

oh, I haven't restarted yet. still doing initial google account sync which takes about half an hour. I never (if possible) stop this process since the phone runs like crap until it's done on all of these gb sense roms so I just want it done so I can get a real impression of the rom's speed.

once this sync is done I'll reboot and see if I get taht error also. hopefully not, but probably will based on what you've said. :-(