[LEAK][OTA][T999UVDLH3/LI3/6/7][Jelly Bean - 4.1.1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

aNYthing24

May 25, 2011
NYC
Pretty awesome to be the first Galaxy S III with a Jelly Bean leak besides the international version. Here's to hoping it helps fix bugs on CyanogenMod, but we'll probably have to wait for the kernel source on that.

SebasC

Nov 16, 2007
Cokato, MN
I just upgraded to this, and before I installed the update, I used OTA Root Keeper, restored root after the upgrade, and it worked! I still have root!

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

WTF?!? I just ran Quadrant,.....5930?????

Any steps on how to use it? Never used OTA Rootkeeper.

durhamite

Jun 27, 2009
Durham, NC
I tried and got the following error:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "d2tmo" II
getprop("ro.product.product") == "d2tmo"
E: Error in /sdcard/SGH-T999_TMB_287866950.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

I tried installing with the above filed in the internal and external sd cards. I didnt flash STOCK T999UVALH2 as I had already updated to T999UVALH2 via Kies.

Any ideas? Do I need to do a factory reset or unroot?

I got this as well with CMW and TWRP. Flashed stock/Rooted T999UVALH2. Maybe we have to be on stock recovery. oh well, guess I will wait for somebody to come out with a custom rom of this.

Reactions: dawgboy1783

Lawful123

Nov 30, 2010
I just upgraded to this, and before I installed the update, I used OTA Root Keeper, restored root after the upgrade, and it worked! I still have root!

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

WTF?!? I just ran Quadrant,.....5930?????

Did you have to root the official firmware or did you install from wild's T99uvlh2 ?

LuffarJoh

May 10, 2007
The OTA for the International S3 need the original recovery to be flashed, hence I think the same applies here as well.

Backup upp your things, flash Stock rom, wipe, flash Ota.
Do not try to root or anything in between.

Wildchld

Jun 29, 2007
Miami
The OTA for the International S3 need the original recovery to be flashed, hence I think the same applies here as well.

Backup upp your things, flash Stock rom, wipe, flash Ota.
Do not try to root or anything in between.

You are correct. Upgrades need stock recovery

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

aklyrical

Jul 3, 2012
If you need the new UVLAH2 (or whatever) in-order to update; it probably won't work with WIND? Can someone confirm? I'm going to try it at work but I have WIND stock firmware; rooted and no OTAs from WIND whatsoever and congratulations guys on this!

pezlomd

Dec 23, 2011
miami
Just did this and im on 4.1 but I lost root.. any one know how I can root this again safely? Tried ota keeper but didnt seem to work..going to try to odin twrp then o guess flash su files ?? Any help is appreciated.

Sent from a device high on jelly beans.

Wildchld

Jun 29, 2007
Miami
D/L from app store, open, hit 'protect root'. Upgrade, after its finished go back to app and hit 'restore root', done.

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

AnTuTu: 8012! Wow, some SERIOUS optimizations came with this update.

Even thought you get root back the kernel isn't insecure. It needs to be pulled and patched.

stevessvt

Nov 6, 2010
Lake Worth
Even thought you get root back the kernel isn't insecure. It needs to be pulled and patched.

Whats the difference between secure and insecure? Titanium back up is working, and root checker confirmed its working, asking for root rights from Superuser.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Yeah, for me the stock browser chokes and crashes on all websites so far. I have cleared its cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Jelly Bean 4.1.1 OTA update released. This file patches your stock firmware to Jelly Bean.

Apply zip over STOCK T999UVALH2 found here

OTA: T999UVDLI7
    OTA: T999UVDLI6
    OTA: T999UVDLI3
    OTA: T999UVDLH3

Stock firmware T999UVALH2

1. Download and install stock (if you are not already on stock rom) This is needed as a base. The update will otherwise fail
    2. Download OTA
    3. Apply zip in recovery menu
    4. Enjoy Jelly Bean 4.1.1

Since I dont have this model myself, the OTA update is not tested by me.
    Please use this at your own risk.

If you want anthing to be added to the post, please PM me.
    Is there anything from this build that can be used for good?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

No.

Only for Evil.
    Definition: A leak: A firmware update that someone sneaks out of a testing lab or off a test phone. Meaning NOT the release, not usually altered by the OP, and usually has some or many bugs.
    This as is all software on XDA is use at your own risk.
    For those wanting perfect stability stick to stock.
    Adventurous types don't mind a few bugs to see what the next firmware update will look like.
    Negative comments are not necessary here nor anywhere on XDA.
    If you like to report the bugs you find that would be constructive and not a worthless post like "this sucks" or "worst ever".
    Everyone uses their phone differently and what does not work for one may work or not be needed for another.

Thank you for your cooperation
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
    Keep the thread on topic, oh yeah and Noble Series 9.3 will include 4.1.1 most likely.
    #boss

Really? Keep the thread on topic then a plug for your Rom. Real classy...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
    Soo much help from you xda developers who cant even help us smfh...

Wow.. Wtf are you expecting from a leaked closed source rom?