MOJO stand vertically?

Search This thread

gwaldo

Dec 30, 2013
Melb.
xpcoin.com
It looks great vertical. Does it stand well? Or do we need a custom stand?

Stands very well, the top/bottom edges run parallel and straight to the front, so very stable on a flat surface, no stand required.
I like having the cable at the top and it doesn't tip over.
I'm sure someone can do better photos :D

Edit: added photos
It's like I'm a monkey from "2001 a Space Odyssey" and the MOJO is evil the Black Monolith!
15b1539a-e5b2-4f05-a285-9cb4e32f0c81.jpg

MOJO-Black-Monolith2.jpg

MOJO-Black-Monolith.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mojorising

solsearch

Jun 19, 2009
DF
Stands very well, the top/bottom edges run parallel and straight to the front, so very stable on a flat surface, no stand required.

It's like I'm a monkey from "2001 a Space Odyssey" and the MOJO is evil the Black Monolith!

Didn't the black monolith speed up human evolution? So it's not evil per se, and if it improves your life in any way an apt comparison :cyclops:

Doesn't it cover some vents when it is upright? I'm not at home to look at mine.

Maybe, but the vents are more decorative as it is fanless is it not? The device is supposed to consume up to 4.5watts max under heavy gaming, 3.5 during HD vide playback, and less doing other stuff. I doubt overheating is a huge issue.

Mojorising

Dec 29, 2013
Didn't the black monolith speed up human evolution? So it's not evil per se, and if it improves your life in any way an apt comparison :cyclops:

Maybe, but the vents are more decorative as it is fanless is it not? The device is supposed to consume up to 4.5watts max under heavy gaming, 3.5 during HD vide playback, and less doing other stuff. I doubt overheating is a huge issue.

Awesome

gwaldo

Dec 30, 2013
Melb.
xpcoin.com
lol yes but it made them violent and at the end it appears when the guy gets old.. I haven't seen the movie in a long time :rolleyes:

It's fanless, it does cover the side vent (which is the bottom now) but it's raised of the bottom just like the bottom is raise of the bottom.
Also don't forget the actual bottom also has large vents, which is now on the side... the not so pretty side ;)
It's been warm, but never hot.

solsearch

Jun 19, 2009
DF
lol yes but it made them violent and at the end it appears when the guy gets old.. I haven't seen the movie in a long time :rolleyes:

It's fanless, it does cover the side vent (which is the bottom now) but it's raised of the bottom just like the bottom is raise of the bottom.
Also don't forget the actual bottom also has large vents, which is now on the side... the not so pretty side ;)
It's been warm, but never hot.

Yeah, that´s one of the much touted advantages of ARM designs, no need for fans :)

I can only think of two which have fans: the Odroid XU board and the Nvidia Shield (but the shield has both batteries, which generate extra heat, and a higher clocked CPU and GPU).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It looks great vertical. Does it stand well? Or do we need a custom stand?

MOJO-Black-Monolith2.jpg

MOJO-Black-Monolith.jpg