[User Review] Amzer Pudding TPU Case Black For Moto G

Search This thread

Wh00sher

May 12, 2009
I initially looked at the flip case, but having had a go with a friends, I didn`t like the `flip` when making a call.

I started looking round for alternatives and spotter the Amzer Pudding TPU case.

I wanted something with protection all the way round the phone. I`ve seen several where the corners are exposed. Dropping it on a corner is something I had with an old phone and it immediately cracked the glass, so a fully enclosed cover was top of the list.

This has a `rubberised` texture and in use, it certainly feels grippy. The edges are sticky enough so you won`t drop it easily, but not so bad that you can`t get it in and out of your pocket without it `grabbing` the material. :good:

For £6.50 delivered, I really can`t complain. :good:

Amzer logo embossed onto the rear of the case
P1000600Copy.jpg

Full edge coverage
P1000598Copy.jpg

P1000594Copy.jpg

Closeup of the corners
P1000596Copy.jpg

P1000597Copy.jpg

Neat cutout for the headphone
P1000604Copy.jpg

Camera & Speaker cutouts
P1000602Copy.jpg

Power and Volume controls are covered, but they are easy to use and I haven`t struggled to press the buttons at all.
P1000603Copy.jpg

vNa5h

Dec 2, 2011
By how much does the thickness increase..

i know its too much to ask but if u ever remove the case can u post pictures of case and bare mobile side by side

btw i have never used a tpu case..its is rubbery flexible or plasticky...i have heard that its a combination of both

wolfen69

Feb 25, 2012
Woodstock, GA USA
Dropping it on a corner is something I had with an old phone and it immediately cracked the glass, so a fully enclosed cover was top of the list.

But a drop of more than 2-3 feet would probably still break the phone. To get better protection, one should have a case with thick rubber bumpers on the corners like the Trident or Ballistic case. But of course, it wouldn't be as pocket friendly.

lolwatpear

Nov 24, 2011
I have this case and dislike it. It adds too much thickness for me, but about what you can expect from a TPU case. I buy cases for scratch protection rather than drop protection. I hate the glossy bezel and just wish they had that same back finish for the entire case. The finish of the back is nice since it doesn't pick up fingerprints. The last thing I can't stand is how small the usb connector cutout is. This can probably be fixed with a knife, but it still shouldn't come like that.

ma3oony

Nov 29, 2010
is it sturdy material or flexible that it can be like silicon cover in the ease of putting/removing the phone from it?

BionicSniper

May 15, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa
It is not terribly difficult to put this case on or remove it. One of the best features of this case for me is the matte back section which greatly improves grip and the button molds in the side.

Sent from my XT1034 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

angomy

May 4, 2011
But a drop of more than 2-3 feet would probably still break the phone. To get better protection, one should have a case with thick rubber bumpers on the corners like the Trident or Ballistic case. But of course, it wouldn't be as pocket friendly.

Every time I use a heavy-duty case though I end up removing it after a few months and using a less-protective one because of the bulk, tpu cases seem like an "OK" compromise (or at least I hope).

I've been eyeing the Cruzerlite bugroid ones since watching this IRL drop test (nexus 5) video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY9Svj9fYVg but the Amzer one reviewed here looks very nice :good:

nocial

Dec 31, 2013
This was the only tpu case available when the phone first launched online. It is a durable case with good protection, not too bulky. Offers good grip. Overall 7.5/10.

jedinat

Mar 2, 2014
After much ado I finally decided on this case, bought it, received it, liked it at first. Then I had it in my pocket for a day at work.

Took my phone out of my pocket and the screen was covered in little waves of dust. And it had gathered up around the edges. Even had a small piece of plaster or something sticking to the screen.

I work in a dusty environment but this is ridiculous. I didn't have problems with my 3GS or Lumia, and though the bareback Moto G's screen seemed to attract a little more dust than those... This case is a DUST MAGNET.

I wish someone would have mentioned that in any of the dozens and dozens of reviews I'd gone over.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I initially looked at the flip case, but having had a go with a friends, I didn`t like the `flip` when making a call.

I started looking round for alternatives and spotter the Amzer Pudding TPU case.

I wanted something with protection all the way round the phone. I`ve seen several where the corners are exposed. Dropping it on a corner is something I had with an old phone and it immediately cracked the glass, so a fully enclosed cover was top of the list.

This has a `rubberised` texture and in use, it certainly feels grippy. The edges are sticky enough so you won`t drop it easily, but not so bad that you can`t get it in and out of your pocket without it `grabbing` the material. :good:

For £6.50 delivered, I really can`t complain. :good:

Amzer logo embossed onto the rear of the case
    P1000600Copy.jpg

Full edge coverage
    P1000598Copy.jpg

P1000594Copy.jpg

Closeup of the corners
    P1000596Copy.jpg

P1000597Copy.jpg

Neat cutout for the headphone
    P1000604Copy.jpg

Camera & Speaker cutouts
    P1000602Copy.jpg

Power and Volume controls are covered, but they are easy to use and I haven`t struggled to press the buttons at all.
    P1000603Copy.jpg