[App] VJSipSwitch II

Search This thread

Hajima Ichiro

Nov 15, 2008
Thanks for making/posting this. Loads and displays quickly on my Fuze. Only one issue. It works great on the standard SIPs, but I can't get it to switch to the Japanese SIPs I have installed. I think the problem is that their names are written in Kanji/kana, i.e. ”手書き検索”
It doesn't seem to accept the name written in Japanese (Unicode support issue?), and I can't find anything else to refer to them by. I noticed that in my normal SIP menu, they have letters assigned to them like '(A)' Is there any way to reference them via the letters?

Thanks!

vijay555

Retired Moderator
Jun 4, 2005
Witch Space
www.vijay555.com
@Hajima Ichiro:
Could I ask you to point me at a Kanji SIP; I would love to test but my knowledge of foreign languages is limited to SQL (ha ha).

If you can get me a SIP (or the one you're using), I'll install and test why it's not working.

@All:
Others - how's the speed generally for you? As I said, on my Blackstone it takes about 1/2 a second to pop up. Not instant, but tolerable.

I did also do a version that showed the icons of the SIPs, but the SIP icons aren't guaranteed to be good quality, so it looked a bit crap, so I removed that feature. But I quite like the look of the bare bones menu.

V

Hajima Ichiro

Nov 15, 2008
Thanks for the interest. The file I used to get Japanese support is here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=445550

Although I think I'm using an older version, the SIPs should be the same. That file does more than add JP SIPs, FYI.

The way it works is that to start typing in Japanese, you have to press Ctrl and Shift on the hardware KB. Then, you have to enable one of the JP SIPs. What I wanted to do was, using your program and another key mapping program, make a key combo that would automatically switch to the JP SIP, so I would only have to do a few key presses to get started, instead of fiddling w/ the onscreen SIP change controls as well. (Trying to hit the little arrow w/ my nail...)

Anyway, thanks for taking a look at it!

Last edited:

nir36

Retired Moderator
Dec 5, 2007
Jerusalem
www.sq-web.com
@Hajima Ichiro:
Could I ask you to point me at a Kanji SIP; I would love to test but my knowledge of foreign languages is limited to SQL (ha ha).

If you can get me a SIP (or the one you're using), I'll install and test why it's not working.

@All:
Others - how's the speed generally for you? As I said, on my Blackstone it takes about 1/2 a second to pop up. Not instant, but tolerable.

I did also do a version that showed the icons of the SIPs, but the SIP icons aren't guaranteed to be good quality, so it looked a bit crap, so I removed that feature. But I quite like the look of the bare bones menu.

V

strangly, on my Polaris it loads instantly. on my diamond, takes about 1.5-2 seconds.

Zoltair Wright

Feb 18, 2006
Nashville, USA
This has always been a favorite program of mine, thanks VJ.

- instead to have only one sip in the command line, alow more than one, and switch between them.
- add in your command line the capability to activate, deactivate, or switch between both status.

Could I second this request? It's the feature I wished for in the first version.

Last edited:

epatul

Dec 20, 2008
I have a problem with the VJSipSwitch II, not I get the spb keyboard.
I have done the following ....

I downloaded the gsfinder +, to perform the operation needs to be done ...

Then I have the member change the route the same as vijay:

"\ Program Files \ Vijay555 \ VJSipSwitchII \ VJSipSwitchII.exe" spb keyboard

and I think I should see ...

epatul

Dec 20, 2008
One moment ... What appears in the picture, is what should appear when you install the VJSipSwitch II or is it something else ...

HansWurst40

Dec 24, 2008
What's the use of this programme if I may ask???
When I set the default keyboard to Compact QWUERTY or anything else it is back to the crappy piece of s**i from Windows Mobile the next time I reboot.
Unfortunatley there seems to be no way that this keyboard can be effectively deleted or not put to the default input system.

A frustrated WM user...

vijay555

Retired Moderator
Jun 4, 2005
Witch Space
www.vijay555.com
HansWurst40: the app is not designed to permanently change the SIP, only conveniently change it on request; it's meant to be command line only, as with most of my apps, but I "tacked on" a UI just for a change.

There are other ways to permanently change the default SIP. If not, ask me to fix it and I'll try to find a way.

V

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
Nice little app this, can't believe I missed this one until now !
Works well on my Kaiser, SIP menu is faster displaying than standard & that's a big + as the standard 1.5/2 second wait was killing me.
Was thinking of scripting something for mortscript but this works great & will probably surpass my original criteria for improvement as I play with it & MortScript.
I can now switch between English/Thai SIPs & SPB for thumb typing with ease & reduced menu lag.

ขอบคุณมากคุณVijay555 (thank you)

kibiwi

Apr 23, 2008
nice app I tried on windows mobile 6.5.5 but the popup menu isn't shown well it has some layout trouble...if you have some spare time not knowing how to do you could fix this issue:D
good piece of sofware anyway!!

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
Hi Vijay, I've moved on to WM6.5.5 & would love this to display correctly (poup menu displays badly)
Besides that it works & works very very fast at changing SIPs, a small update to this would be fantastic.

Senax

Aug 27, 2009
Arnhem
Thread Tags Edited !!! _multiple words_

Hello all,
Until now I used ToggleInputPanel.exe. Now I would not know where I leeched it from :( After doing an extensive search for the original release, I'm still not sure where and when I obtained it :mad: It's just a SIP toggle. Thus not as advanced as your awesome application! :)
Thank you very much \/ijay555!

Attachments

• ToggleInputPanel.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 202