FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.2/Win/RPi][v2.1.5] SoundSeeder - Group Music Player (March 28th)

205 posts
Thanks Meter: 203

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from jekatt: New in SoundSeeder V2.1.5: DLNA renderer support!
18th August 2013, 09:39 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Great!
Thanks for the apks! My kindle is waiting!

18th August 2013, 10:41 AM |#42  
Lieusaint
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Wink add more stuf for better entertainement. :)
Coule you add , bluetooth interconection , other wifi direct. Other NFC cconnection like Samsung beam other google bleam. Or an compatibility with Samsung gs4 group play , and an compatibility with airplay product ( freebox server ). Or dlna sync ?.

Thx

PS : if you need ,i can help you to translate in french.
The Following User Says Thank You to dlnraja For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dlnraja Ad-Free
18th August 2013, 11:44 AM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Buffer-cache would be wonderful! =)
Man, you made my day!! =)
Dreamed of such an app ever since I got my first smartphone. Gonna start finally with a few new dance projects today

I'm streaming from an Galaxy Note 1 with JonRom 12.5 to an Asus Transformer Prime with Androwook 2.2. I've got some troubles with breakfree audioconnection. Wether connected to the same network or to the Notes Hotspot - there are very often breaks. Gonna test another Rom today.

Would it be possible to add a bigger cache to buffer the songs - with an already-loaded-status like when you stream a youtube-video? I need them to be breakfree even if 16 phones are connected.

Or could you add an option to let the speaker-app search in the storage of the speaker-device for the identical song-file so that it would not have to stream the whole song and just sync the progress of the song so that everyone can hear to same beat? - as said, I need it for dance-projects, where I need absolutely break-free synchronisation/streaming.

Purchased the premium - Thumbs up for this great app! =)

greetz
dancingchemist
18th August 2013, 12:46 PM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Hey guys please add player support for GingerBread, I'll be waiting !
Thus app is Soooooooooo Awesome, Great work Man ...
18th August 2013, 01:49 PM |#45  
Flag GUIMBA
Thanks Meter: 4

More
add support for other players or video players
18th August 2013, 03:00 PM |#46  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlnraja

Coule you add , bluetooth interconection , other wifi direct. Other NFC cconnection like Samsung beam other google bleam. Or an compatibility with Samsung gs4 group play , and an compatibility with airplay product ( freebox server ). Or dlna sync ?.

Thx

PS : if you need ,i can help you to translate in french.

Hey dlnraja,
thank you for your offer! I will keep it in mind and contact you for the french tranlation!

Compatibility with airplay would be very nice, you are absolutly right.
But since i don't own any Apple product this was no demand by now and moreover i have no idea how the airplay protocol works...
18th August 2013, 03:17 PM |#47  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingchemist

Man, you made my day!! =)
Dreamed of such an app ever since I got my first smartphone. Gonna start finally with a few new dance projects today

I'm streaming from an Galaxy Note 1 with JonRom 12.5 to an Asus Transformer Prime with Androwook 2.2. I've got some troubles with breakfree audioconnection. Wether connected to the same network or to the Notes Hotspot - there are very often breaks. Gonna test another Rom today.

Would it be possible to add a bigger cache to buffer the songs - with an already-loaded-status like when you stream a youtube-video? I need them to be breakfree even if 16 phones are connected.

Or could you add an option to let the speaker-app search in the storage of the speaker-device for the identical song-file so that it would not have to stream the whole song and just sync the progress of the song so that everyone can hear to same beat? - as said, I need it for dance-projects, where I need absolutely break-free synchronisation/streaming.

Purchased the premium - Thumbs up for this great app! =)

greetz
dancingchemist

Hey "dancingchemist"

Thank you very much for your support!

So your are the first who wants to take SoundSeeder to the limit...
In theory SoundSeeder should be able to support even more than 16 devices, but we haven't ever tested it.
I don't think that your problems with the Transformer are caused by the buffer size.
It would be great if you could analyse this in more detail, is it caused by the player or by the speaker?
Does it help to set the playback priority to "gapless" in the speakers settings?

And please let me know if the new rom brings any improvement for the transformer.

kind regards
jens
18th August 2013, 03:25 PM |#48  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I rarely post for thanking someone for an app, but this SoundSeeder is really awesome.
Great job man, I've just reviewed it on italian blog AndroidWorld
The Following User Says Thank You to peppeuz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift peppeuz Ad-Free
18th August 2013, 03:26 PM |#49  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredator01

Hey guys please add player support for GingerBread, I'll be waiting !
Thus app is Soooooooooo Awesome, Great work Man ...

Thank you!

Regarding the Player and Gingerbread:
Unfortunately Android 2.x has no built-in support for decoding media files, which is necessary for SoundSeeders realtime playback.
So we would have to include an external decoding library, which would be more complex and could cause many compatibility issues on different devices...
That was the reason why we splitted the project into two Apps, a Player that needs 4.1+ and the Speaker for 2.2+ devices.
18th August 2013, 04:00 PM |#50  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
This seems pretty awesome, will be a good opportunity to dust off the ol' Kindle Fire

Two things I'd really love to see:

- Last.FM scrobbling! I've only tested with the official Last.FM app, doesn't scrobble there. If it works with e.g. Simple Last.FM Scrobbler, great, if not: pretty please add it!

- As someone mentioned earlier: it would be perfect if the app could "forward" sound from e.g. Spotify on rooted phones.

Other than that, the player app is great, nice clean design.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cucoo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cucoo Ad-Free
18th August 2013, 04:24 PM |#51  
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 940

Donate to Me
More
How difficult would it be to create a Windows app that can receive the sound stream? I could see this being used as a way to wirelessly play music through a surround system hooked up to a PC, and I have yet to find another way to do so.
The Following User Says Thank You to dstruct2k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dstruct2k Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
group play, music player, share, stream, wireless speaker

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)