[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10 Preview & Nightly Builds for Samsung Epic 4G

Search This thread

TONYSALEM78

Oct 5, 2010
Detroit
Sweet.. Going to give it a try tomorrow.
FYI.. I am using an Epic 4G flashed to MetroPCS
I will report as many issues as I possibly can for flashed users (if any at all)

Thanks for this Epic CM Team

Gb>Ics>Jb... this phone has been amazing

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

goodpup420

Jun 1, 2011
wow guys really great work! super smooth. cant wait til this get the crespo modem patch.

AWESOME!!

certifiednoob93

Aug 11, 2012
HOLYY F@(K Its finally official. Keep up the good work

Edit: does anyone know possibly when we could use the crespo modem.
♦♠ u can't walk away from life. even though life is full of **** ♠♦

Last edited:

flastnoles11

Nov 16, 2011
Palm bay
OnePlus 9 Pro
I might be wrong, but I didn't think xboxfanj was part of the official EpicCM team... he brought us the crespo modem - it started with his sense port.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app

Xboxfanj and bbleos brought the nexus modem functionality.... it was a tandem type thing...

Teach a person a day how to search!

styles420

Nov 12, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21
Xboxfanj and bbleos brought the nexus modem functionality.... it was a tandem type thing...

Teach a person a day how to search!

I felt compelled to double check my information, and you, sir, are correct - bbelos figured out the original patch, and xboxfanj appears to be the first to use it in an Epic rom. And since bbelos is part of the EpicCM team... well, I was wrong earlier :p

MeetFace

Dec 31, 2010
Doh, up in the mountains mega roaming without good internets.

Very welcome news!

Hopefully by the time I get back, we'll have a crespo patch/version ;)

Woohoo!

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Wooooooooooooot!!! CM10 turned OFFICIAL for us AND with 3.x kernel?!?! I just can't hold it too much longer (even though I just grabbed yesterday's kang from the CM10 Kang Thread), will wait for that sleep bug to be fixed :)
Awesome job Team CM and fellow, keep it epic!

Reactions: certifiednoob93

stevie13.xo

Mar 9, 2012
Wooooooooooooot!!! CM10 turned OFFICIAL for us AND with 3.x kernel?!?! I just can't hold it too much longer (even though I just grabbed yesterday's kang from the CM10 Kang Thread), will wait for that sleep bug to be fixed :)

Hey a fix/workaround for the phone to stay awake is in developer options check keep screen awake during charging and just turn the screen off and viola! the phone will stay awake

certifiednoob93

Aug 11, 2012
Screenies

4c5891b5-3751-1f3d.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1346582117179.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1346582135756.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1346582178236.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1346582214233.jpg

4c5891b5-37e1-4950.jpg

4c5891b5-37ef-c2ae.jpg

Truly epic great job cmteam.
Its super snappy and for me there seems to be no bugs mentioned above in the op.

treat ur girl like how u treat ur epic

Last edited:

stevie13.xo

Mar 9, 2012
Just for clarification.. if I'm on pa 1.99, this will not wipe not my data, correct?

TeMpTiN

Dec 16, 2011
Far Far Away
Just for clarification.. if I'm on pa 1.99, this will not wipe not my data, correct?

Unless you already have CM10 flashing CM10 will wipe your Data.

I also strongly recommend you resist the urge to restore data from other builds at this time.

The sleep issue while on the charger is quite minor, the phone will enter deep sleep and iirc the stock response is to not go into deep sleep while on the charger.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is the support thread for CM10 on the Samsung Epic 4G. It's a major work in progress. It may cause all the things in the disclaimer to happen, or steal your girlfriend while you are busy flashing ROMs.

WARNING: If you are not already on an official CM10 build, this will wipe your data due to a resizing of the mtd partitions. If you wish to go back to another ROM, you will need to ODIN back to stock.

Recommended steps before you install:
    1. Install AppBak from Market, run it and save a list of all your apps.
    2. Install SMS Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your SMS history.
    3. Install Call Logs Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your call log history.
    4. Boot into CWM recovery. Make a full Backup. You will need this backup later if you decide to go back to your previous ROM and data.

Additional Disclaimer:
    Any bug reports coming from an Unofficial cm10 build, or a modified/patched Official cm10 build (modem patch, kernels, etc.) should be directed to the originating thread. It is hard enough to provide bug support for the official releases without having to worry about bugs that may have been introduced by outside means. Bug reports are very welcome if you can reproduce them after flashing back to an official, stock build. We do want to be able to fix all the things. Thank you.

Nightly Install Instructions (starting from 20120904):
    1. Download from get.cm. Pay attention to the filenames. Don't grab a CM9 build by mistake!
    2. Reboot into recovery and install.

Nightly Changelog: http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#epicmtd/cm10/next

Preview Install instructions:
    1. Download cm-10-20120901-PREVIEW-epicmtd.zip [Mirror 1] [Mirror 2] md5: 73fd0294a9cd9e18938a3347cc01f09e
    2. Reboot into recovery and install.

**Google Apps are not included in these ROMs. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them.

Known Bugs:
    - Fixed in nightly 0911 DO NOT adjust the Maximum CPU frequency. (Preview build only)
    - Fixed in nightly 0911 Headset mic is not working.
    - Wired headset buttons don't do anything.
    - Phone may enter deep sleep while on a wall charger (not USB).
    - Occassional reboot possibility is present, but it could be days between them, if it happens at all.
    Just a little teaser for something I've been working on.

Screenshot_touchkeys.png

Updates for next nightly (0911):

1. Volumes levels boosted to match CM9 level adjustments.
    2. Added CIFS (tested with built-in VPN connection and the CIFS Manager app).
    3. Working wired headset mic (although buttons don't work yet).
    4. Performance & Interactive governors are working more properly as they were in the Preview build, & the lockup when changing max frequency has been fixed.
    Cool, the latest nightly has the touch key brightness adjust incorporated.

It also should have a fix for the random reboots :)

Oh, and also the fix to keep 4g on during sleep.