Thor's ROM's

Search This thread

SoHaunted

Oct 31, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Want to share your setcpu settings?

Do you have a link to that build.prop? I could not find anything. What's the harm in using the Asus one?

There is nothing wrong with using the Asus buildprop, that's what I'm using right now. The only reason for swapping it out with the custom one is for games and acer apps that only work with the Acer buildprop. Here is the link to the custom prop with more explanation

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1331242

As far as my setcpu settings go I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, some peoples tabs can be overclocked more than others. My first a500 could only reach 1.4ghz before freezing or rebooting. My new a500 can do 1.6 all day without a sweat, default voltages.

Last edited:

blcklab

Oct 22, 2009
I'll see how overclocking is on the battery. At home it's no big deal. I suppose for a long flight I could just turn off setcpu or even underclock it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

WarbyD

Oct 25, 2011
So far still no complaints with V12! Pretty sure I'll be sticking with this.. Couple of minor issues I was having (wifi dropping out occasionally & tablet waking up on its own) appear to have been rectified with this too... time will tell on those two I guess but so far, i've not seen it with so little "awake" time in battery stats after a night unplugged..

Only problem I've had so far was 1 random reboot (no fc or anything, one second I was setting up a minimlistic text widget, next second I was staring at my boot animation.. only did it once and hasn't done it since)

Thor V12 FTW!

-Dave

christianpeso

Sep 20, 2007
Just made the switch myself to try a THOR rom for the 1st time. I love it! I am coming from Taboonay 2.0. Haven t changed in a while cause I was just plain lazy and didn't feel like setting everything back up once I got it ran. Especially since I had the "Hubs" setup.

Totally love this rom. I always used his kernels with Taboonay. But the full ROM is so far so good. Love the looks, and the speed. Any problems I will be sure to report them.

PlayTimou

Oct 22, 2008
I have a big problem for me with this Rom.

I have a 32GB MicroSD, Honeycomb mount it successfull but I'm only able to view files with Asus File Manager because it is not mount in mnt/sdcard/external_sd, I'm not able to view it with Astro or ES File Explorer.

DRTMI

Aug 16, 2010
Like Thor said its under Removable/MicroSD

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Cactus42

Jul 4, 2010
Can't say the 1400 overclock has made any noticeable difference in my "normal" usage. I usually stick it on charge three times a week, but it'll last all the way through the evenings and weekend that way

Also it's definitely the most stable. With other ROMs and kernels I always had random reboots when OCing above 1200mhz, not happened at all with V10, 11 or 12 on Thor's kernels

blcklab

Oct 22, 2009
Can't say the 1400 overclock has made any noticeable difference in my "normal" usage. I usually stick it on charge three times a week, but it'll last all the way through the evenings and weekend that way

Also it's definitely the most stable. With other ROMs and kernels I always had random reboots when OCing above 1200mhz, not happened at all with V10, 11 or 12 on Thor's kernels

Which frequency Governor do you use? On Demand? Interactive? I haven't noticed much difference between stock and OC

dincdoes.me

May 8, 2011
Detroit
Only problem so far is finding a screenshot app that can see I really an rooted anyone using thorV12 using a screen shot app and it works?

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

SoHaunted

Oct 31, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Go into settings, Thor rom parts, then scroll to the bottom.

Sent from my EPAD using xda premium

That's a very basic overclocking setup, can only change min. /Max. Clock speeds and governor. I use the actual setcpu app so I can use profiles on screen off, charging and different battery levels. Thankfully Thor allowed the ability to enable or disable the built in overclocker.

Only problem so far is finding a screenshot app that can see I really an rooted anyone using thorV12 using a screen shot app and it works?

Same here, was using screenshot ER and now its no longer working. Thor, if you're still around can you recommend one?

Last edited:

smhism

Dec 23, 2010
Florence, SC
so complete newb when loading custom roms on anything android. rooted my dx way back when, but lost it with the GB update. Anyway, flashed back to 3.0.1, rooted, installed V12 and the new kernel, and i'm loving it so far. Only thing is, and I didn't have much time to play with it before I had to leave for work, WiFi doesn't seem to want to turn on. It's been stuck on "Turning on..." for over an hour. Don't have wifi at work, but i assume that's not the reason for this.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

didn't wipe caches before first install. just wiped all and did a fresh install. same problem of wifi stuck at "turning on..."

dincdoes.me

May 8, 2011
Detroit
First off thors v12 comes with newest kernel
Secondly I'd recommend to factory rest and wipe your caches then reflash rom see if that helps.

smhism

Dec 23, 2010
Florence, SC
Tried that, will try again just to make sure.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

also, when I try to go into storage under settings (to mount/unmount sd card/usb) I get a fc and this message: The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped blah blah blah)

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

all seems to be working as it should now. wiped everything again and installed just the rom (w/o reinstalling the kernal). apparently that's what the problem was. Also, noticed "system" was unmounted, so remounted it and the sd card is working again too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is anyone using Thor ROM v12? I know many folks use his kernel. Wondering how his ROMs rate before I flash and reinstall everything

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App
    I'm using the v12, and it works really well! I didn't know honeycomb could be this good. lol One thing I'm having problem with is that I only have 155~250 mb of free ram. On other roms, with about the same amount of apps installed, and not much open, I have about 350~400 mb free, but this rom is weird.. Any advice please?
    ive been running V12 for the past few days running a 1.6GHZ overclock stable as can be. It runs smooth a butter, I've found my everyday driver.

I have noticed that it eats up battery a bit faster than other Roms but I use setcpu to manage clock speeds and all is well.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Fastest ROM on the A500. Would be even better if build.prop was for iconia and mot the epad IMO.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

In the dev section there is a thread with a custom build prop for V12 that makes the tab an Acer instead of an eeepad at the cost of one or two Asus apps not working.
    So is everything working now?

U can pm me for any additional help

help help i need help, as i install the rom in the iconia A500, it works fine for one day but now i just see black screen and nothing in there
    i made the hard reset trhough th button but no effect,
    is there a way to resolve this issue or to reset by the labtop or even to remove the battary as trial.
    please help me as my tap is totally black now

Dare I ask...is your battery charged?

Next questions would be what version did you flash, which boot loader are you on, what happened exactly...