[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][capricorn][7.1] LineageOS 14.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

xiaobai112220

Dec 7, 2013
Beijing
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
  • nearly everything

What's not working ( due to no kernel source ) :
  • Live Display is software only
  • Ambient Display is disabled
  • Missing vibration intensity preference
  • F2FS
  • Sometimes fingerprint sensor not work(turn off the screen and turn on to fix it)

Temporary device specific changes :

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot
Downloads :

XDA:DevDB Information
capricorn, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 5s

Contributors
xiaobai112220
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information

Created 2017-03-28
Last Updated 2017-03-28

Hank.Moody

Jun 8, 2011
thanks so much for creating a thread.
any news on the source kernel release state?

ps: can you add a donation button for your profile? ;)

fyi: installed the latest version over the 122 Build with wiping dalvik chache after, works properly without any bootloops.

Last edited:

thewholuver94

Oct 24, 2010
I have a weird bug... on every startup the Alarm (set for the next morning) starts ringing. This was the case on the 311 build for me as well.

Wastman86

Mar 20, 2017
Some (dumm) questions to clarify...

Hey,

i was following the discussion in the other thread - also a big thanks from my side and a really cool!

Questions:
1) I don´t really get the comment to the multi touch problem. Yes there is a link but do i need to actively flash something after installing latest build? Or does it mean there is a work around integrated with the last build with the specific code from the link.
So: Yes - you still need to flash something for multiply touch support OR No - all is good for now just flash it!

2) Sorry, just want to be sure - Google Apps: ARM64 Version right?
Yes right ARM64 / No, its wrong

3) If it happens that there will be also a official Linage OS buid, can i just flash it than without wipe/reset the phone or do i have to install it new? I know we cant say it jet but:
A) You will need to wipe - for sure!
B) Likely you will not need to wipe.
C) It is absolutly open and nobody has a Glas-Ball to find out jet, so 50/50

4) What is "Live Display is software inly" - i could not find out what is meant with "Live Display" via Google excatly. Sorry if it is a dumm question.

Thanks so much for making this development possible. Hope my questions are not too dumm ones and fast and easy to answer.

Sebastian - Greetings from Yangon! Got my Mi5s for only 268 Euros here ( 4/128GB) 400000Kyts

Last edited:

adrian.voica

May 24, 2013
Hey there!

Everything works as expected (camera bug is still there - as expected), the rest is flawless.
Thanks for all the hard work!

Please (I keep requesting this), could you (or somebody else contributing to the build) add the hardware button switching option (using the already working script from @ru1dev) ? It would be great to have it embedded in the ROM. I am sure many people want to use the Nexus/Pixel/Stock navigation experience (back, home, recents button order).

There seems to be a "bug" in all these builds: Pixel icons (from Open Gapps) don't seem to work (they do in other ROMs based on @xiaobai112220 's sourcetree). Maybe I'm just doing something wrong... don't know - but I can live with that.

Thanks a bunch! Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

xiaobai112220

Dec 7, 2013
Beijing
Hey,

i was following the discussion in the other thread - also a big thanks from my side and a really cool!

Questions:
1) I don´t really get the comment to the multi touch problem. Yes there is a link but do i need to actively flash something after installing latest build? Or does it mean there is a work around integrated with the last build with the specific code from the link.
So: Yes - you still need to flash something for multiply touch support OR No - all is good for now just flash it!

2) Sorry, just want to be sure - Google Apps: ARM64 Version right?
Yes right ARM64 / No, its wrong

3) If it happens that there will be also a official Linage OS buid, can i just flash it than without wipe/reset the phone or do i have to install it new? I know we cant say it jet but:
A) You will need to wipe - for sure!
B) Likely you will not need to wipe.
C) It is absolutly open and nobody has a Glas-Ball to find out jet, so 50/50

4) What is "Live Display is software inly" - i could not find out what is meant with "Live Display" via Google excatly. Sorry if it is a dumm question.

Thanks so much for making this development possible. Hope my questions are not too dumm ones and fast and easy to answer.

Sebastian - Greetings from Yangon! Got my Mi5s for only 268 Euros here ( 4/128GB) 400000Kyts
No/Yes/B or C/Live display feature on settings

Modest Mind

Dec 10, 2016
Prishtina
Today's version is very fluid and very stable. Thank you 谢谢! I can only imagine that you will make a perfect Lineage firmware once Xiaomi releases the kernel source code for Mi5s. :fingers-crossed:

Last edited:
Reactions: veritascentervn

addisuw

Mar 1, 2012
You did it, now i can like my mi5s. We will feedback any issues and it's going to be great. Thank you for taking the time and doing it.

shahrooz.omd

Feb 9, 2014
Alborz
I was waiting for this thread for too long, thank you for making it and sharing a new build. I really appreciate your work. Good job.

Last edited:

Wastman86

Mar 20, 2017
Fingerprint not working - rest looks very good!

Hey, just tested the rom - like it!

I have one bug:

When trying to set up fingerprint sensor for unlocking from lock screen, the wizard/app always crashes. So i was not possible for me to set up a fingerprint to unlock the device.

Anybody has the same experience or is it only me ;) ?

Thanks for the rom again!

WarioNeila86

Feb 8, 2012
Madrid
Hey, just tested the rom - like it!

I have one bug:

When trying to set up fingerprint sensor for unlocking from lock screen, the wizard/app always crashes. So i was not possible for me to set up a fingerprint to unlock the device.

Anybody has the same experience or is it only me ;) ?

Thanks for the rom again!
Hi @Wastman86, I set up four fingerprints during the initial settings configuration without problems. I've tried right now to set up another fingerprint and it works fine ?

Maybe you forget to wipe cache/dalvik after flashing the ROM...

Wastman86

Mar 20, 2017
Hi @Wastman86, I set up four fingerprints during the initial settings configuration without problems. I've tried right now to set up another fingerprint and it works fine

Maybe you forget to wipe cache/dalvik after flashing the ROM...

Ok interesting.
I did a wipe before i installed the ROM but not after.

It should make no difference to clear the old "files" from the previously ROM before or after flashing the system partition, right? I might be wrong though...

Sebastian

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
    • nearly everything

What's not working ( due to no kernel source ) :
    • Live Display is software only
    • Ambient Display is disabled
    • Missing vibration intensity preference
    • F2FS
    • Sometimes fingerprint sensor not work(turn off the screen and turn on to fix it)

Temporary device specific changes :

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :

XDA:DevDB Information
    capricorn, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 5s

Contributors
    xiaobai112220
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information

Created 2017-03-28
    Last Updated 2017-03-28
    since kernel source is available now, I will start my new work on https://github.com/thune-xiaobai/android_device_xiaomi_capricorn
    and old device tree has been renamed to https://github.com/thune-xiaobai/android_device_xiaomi_capricorn-old
    can you use F2FS on this build ?

after i change file system to F2FS ( Data+Cache ) with this TWRP build , TWRP can't mount those partitions!
    * i even Checked Ramdisk to see if it properly set to mount F2FS *
    This TWRP is likely using prebuilt stock kernel so it won't be able to mount it. I'll release my own, proper twrp builds in few days that will address this and few other issues.
    I am very sorry for not update this thread for a long time
    And during those days,I was participating with bruno and others on lineageos side.
    also, there aere serveral builds based on that,I think it makes no sense for me to compile it,there's no difference.
    That's why I didn't update this thread.
    Now,some others are working on it,I will close this thread.
    Good Bye~
    Latest version by @whitexp working fine with my phone....

This thread has become a little messy, so I am going to sum up current status.

Latest version by whitexp from 20170510 it quite the same as 20170504 including a couple of patches that don't make any difference, but the big problem with that builds is the fingerprint battery drainage (I personally went back to 0504 because I had a backup of that build with my data).
    Yesterday micku7zu uploaded a new build with more patches, finger print battery issue fixed but as a main bug/issue there is no sound in calls...

All these latest builds are made using lineageOS code and official kernel from xiaomi for our mi5s so are almost "official", not as the ones built by xiaobai112220 that used stock kernel, so the OP is outdated.

Also LineageOS team members haven't got any Mi5s so they are developing blind, that's why so important our feedback, users compilations when there are important commits in the project and not to be anxious and not pressing them asking for deadlines...