FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Pointui Development

58 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By kingvash, Member on 29th March 2008, 04:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Is it just me or is Pointui development really slow?

I understand they have lives of their own and that it's free, but honestly almost two months is truly agonizing for me because I really like the interface.

Every release I hope for more customization, correct scrolling and being able to take over my Today Screen.

I would like to hear others opinions on this subject. Thanks in advance.

29th March 2008, 05:01 PM |#2  
Flag Draper
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I had the same thoughts as you about a Month ago and have sense forgot about pointUI. Not plugging Spb MS2.0 on your pointUI thread but it does everything I want and with the amazing things that have been done to it in this forum, I don't see any future for pointUI.

I do check in at there forum every once in a while and noticed the amount of users logged on has greatly dwindled probably due to what you are speaking about.

pointUI was a good idea but way too slow to develop... **Just my opinion**
30th March 2008, 07:58 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Mobile Shell 2 is quite good, but I for one hope Pointui development doesn't stop as I like its approach better. Heck, if it included good support for contacts I would pay for it even in its present state. Please developers take your time but don't forget us
30th March 2008, 06:49 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
I agree completely with both of you. I don't visit Pointui very much any more and I have used SPBM2 and right now its killing Pointui because of the options, customization and in a nut shell its just more complete right now.

Is anyone still using Pointui right now?
30th March 2008, 07:22 PM |#5  
Retired Moderator
Flag DK
Thanks Meter: 49

More
sadly many free development projects end up slowing down or stopping all together when
the turns from being groundbraking new stuff to day to day work and maintenence
in which case it would be beneficial to release the source so others with new energy can take over
31st March 2008, 07:37 PM |#6  

More
i couldn't agree any more with you guys. I gave up on the site a long time ago. You know the project is dead when the developers barely even give you updates on their website. Hasn't been touched in feb 9th, what a waste
31st March 2008, 09:24 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
What would it take for the developers to release their source code so other developers could advance the project?
31st March 2008, 10:20 PM |#8  
Flag Draper
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvash

What would it take for the developers to release their source code so other developers could advance the project?

As stated in an earlier post, this would be the best idea.....
31st March 2008, 11:48 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
I would like to thank those who took the time to leave a message on this thread.

Hopefully their will be more to come and the developers at Pointui will either pick up their speed in development or release their source code.
10th April 2008, 12:46 AM |#10  

More
Ill send in 100 for someone to take over the source
10th April 2008, 01:03 AM |#11  
OP Member

More
WoW, I believe someone at Pointui needs to see this thread!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)